Trouble trying to get server to stream

Have been trying to get new server to stream since yesterday with no luck. I have tried everything listed in troubleshooting and server peeps say it all looks good but it isnt streaming yet. This is the 3rd server I have added for the clan, and the only on that has caused me grief...lol

Can someone assist me in this. Server is BF2 server at 208.167.247.107:16567 for =SGA= clan.

Edited by GySgt

As long as the server has been added to your team account our work is done :)

None streaming issues are always client side.

First thing to check is that the server is fully updated and responding to standard PB commands (i.e. pb_sv_ver or pb_sv_plist or pb_sv_homepath)

If a response is not forthcoming from the server to any of these commands (PB/sv log) a full reinstall of PB would be required.

If a response is forthcoming and your experiencing a problem with the automated setup (webtool) try the bf2cc method outlined here;

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html#bf2cc

As long as the server has been added to your team account our work is done :)

None streaming issues are always client side.

First thing to check is that the server is fully updated and responding to standard PB commands (i.e. pb_sv_ver or pb_sv_plist or pb_sv_homepath)

If a response is not forthcoming from the server to any of these commands (PB/sv log) a full reinstall of PB would be required.

If a response is forthcoming and your experiencing a problem with the automated setup (webtool) try the bf2cc method outlined here;

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html#bf2cc

Thanks Fozzer, I will look into it again.

no... have you tried the webtool?

http://www.pbbans.com/webtool.php

Yes, I tried it and it said it all work with no problems, but server still wont stream for some reason. I have done a couple of other servers as far as setting them up with no problem, but this one is just being a hard nosed sob...lol

Thanks Ice Man

Please post up the servers response to these 2 commands;

pb_sv_ver

pb_sv_homepath

None streaming issues are always client side, and as you have 2 servers streaming already, I would suspect the PB install as being corrupt.

Just as a side note, 208.167.247.107 does not show any bf2 server in game monitor.

Please post up the servers response to these 2 commands;

pb_sv_ver

pb_sv_homepath

None streaming issues are always client side, and as you have 2 servers streaming already, I would suspect the PB install as being corrupt.

Just as a side note, 208.167.247.107 does not show any bf2 server in game monitor.

Fozzer, what do you use to check the server responce with those?

I only ask because if I use the BF2CC rcon, I get nothing back, but I dont even get anything back from the other two servers. I will put a ticket in to have them reload PB

BF-series games as far as I know do not actually provide feedback. Someone correct me if I am wrong on that, how-ever. I don't run BF-series servers.

I do know that due to EA's licensing agreements, most hosts will not allow you ftp access to the server files, and some hosts, as a result, have also locked down the pb folder. You might need to ask your host to apply read/write permissions to that folder so that the needed configs and the pbucon.use files can be written into it from the webtool or by running the rcon commands from BF2CC.

If memory serves me correct, you can also request access/limited access to the pb folder via ftp from some hosts(not all will do this) so that you can access screen shots and/or update the pb files themselves, as they are not under EA's licensing agreements. That may help with your situation, as a direction to take your support ticket with your host.

Thanks Road Warrior,

I believe you are correct for ranked BF2 servers as far as locking down PB, but I am not sure that applies to unranked bf2 server as I have, I will hve to look into it.

Thanks again

GySgt

I posted this yesterday about my unranked amd64 linux server... it is a step by step to have PB updated up and running...

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=85530&hl=

hope it helps...

To the others, BF2 do not reply to PB commands on the game console... but in this case he has physical access to the server console (or remote telnet access) and the server console indeed replies to PB commands...

In any case when the server has PB off or not streaming you can tell because there is no verbose in the console screen.

When the server has PB on it is constantly relaying feedbak in the console screen and if it is streaming to pbbans the feedback is even bigger.

Edited by CoronelN

GySgt

I posted this yesterday about my unranked amd64 linux server... it is a step by step to have PB updated up and running...

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=85530&hl=

hope it helps...

To the others, BF2 do not reply to PB commands on the game console... but in this case he has physical access to the server console (or remote telnet access) and the server console indeed replies to PB commands...

In any case when the server has PB off or not streaming you can tell because there is no verbose in the console screen.

When the server has PB on it is constantly relaying feedbak in the console screen and if it is streaming to pbbans the feedback is even bigger.

Wow, thxs CoronelN, that looks like a lot of stuff to do, but a lot that may be causing the problem. What do you use to check the commands?

is not really a lot...

it took me like 5 minutes after finding out how to do it...

If you already have your server setup and running you can skip most of it anyway... just do the WGET commands from PB if u are lazy like me and running your console from windows copy from my post and click both buttons of your mouse in the console window it will paste the url for you :P

what do you mean with this question: "What do you use to check the commands? "

hit me on my xfire if u want more details

Edited by CoronelN

Ok all, thank you everyone for your help, I had put in a ticket with the server company to unscrew their portion of what was going on and what ever they did fixed the problem, I rebooted the server and BAM.. it was streaming.

Thanks all again, your assistance is much appreciated!! :P

Case can be closed.. B)