i have a huge question

Pvt.Bonner

i used to admin with two clans one was =cop= and the other is now known =SG=

anyway when i was with cop i was told i was getting black screenshots

i am running vista and i do run shadders like anti aliasing

i would like to ask if this can be resolved

if you want i will upload the two screenshots that were givin to me by my senior admin nammed bill who is the leader of COP

i uploaded one

please i would like an answer becuase this does look very suspicous

post-138446-1239847070_thumb.png

As Ice Man said, black PBSS are indeed clean.

There's a ton of reasons that cause PBSS to return black, and aside from what Ice Man suggested, there isn't much you can do I'm afraid.

The status codes for black screesnhots are as follows:

B0 = Application not active screen capture failed.

B1 = Screenshot successfully attempted line present.

B2 = Screenshot successfully attempted line not present.

B0 - The game is minimized or in the background.

B1 - Successfully received. Can sometimes return a black SS.

B2 - Is caused by one of many reasons (drivers, hardware, bad connection, etc).

Anti aliasing can cause black screenshots. It seems to be a vista/g-force anti aliasing issue on one of my computers. Try Ice mans suggestion and see what happens.

I've done a bit of research on this issue between members of my clan and public players playing on our servers.

It comes down to this:

If you are running Vista 64bit with a Geforce card, you will always return black SS. Any other type of operating system with updated vcard drivers, Direct X updates will return normal screen shots.

For whatever reason PB is having problems with a 64 bit Vista operating system. I still havent come up with any type of solutions to fix it. It's up to PB.

I've done a bit of research on this issue between members of my clan and public players playing on our servers.

It comes down to this:

If you are running Vista 64bit with a Geforce card, you will always return black SS. Any other type of operating system with updated vcard drivers, Direct X updates will return normal screen shots.

For whatever reason PB is having problems with a 64 bit Vista operating system. I still havent come up with any type of solutions to fix it. It's up to PB.

its not just 64. I run vista 32 on a laptop with a 8600gtm and all black, same goes for my dads computer with the same configuration (not a laptop and an amd processor instead). Either way there really is no "fix" to black screenshots and server admins shouldn't ban for them.

its not just 64. I run vista 32 on a laptop with a 8600gtm and all black, same goes for my dads computer with the same configuration (not a laptop and an amd processor instead). Either way there really is no "fix" to black screenshots and server admins shouldn't ban for them.

I have a laptop running the same configuration you are using (pending the processor; mine is a Centrino Duo T7250 2.0GHZ) and I get clean screen shots all the time.

My driver is version 179.28.

Do you have Aero and UAC disabled in Vista?

Are you running CoD4 as admin?

Some things to look into.

I have Vista having anti aliasing on causes for me black screenshots, turn it off PB screenshots work.

(vista 64 bit Radeon 2900)

ATI card, thats why your clean. Vista 64 with a Nvidia card produces black screenies.