Logitech G15

buttscratcher

I purchaced a new keyboard today, my first "gaming keyboard". Its the Logitech G15. It has 6 extra buttons on the left plane that allow for extra commands. I have not assigned these keys yet. I am not sure if these additional keys are ok to use, or if they are deemed as an "unfair advantage" in the eyes of EB or PB_bans? Whats the "official" view of using these keys, as it relates to PB_bans policy? Ok to use? In the past I've seen people cry foul, or accusing others of using macro keys/settings. Wanted to run this past the staff and get an official view, over what others are saying. Thanks guys.

Butt

I purchaced a new keyboard today, my first "gaming keyboard". Its the Logitech G15. It has 6 extra buttons on the left plane that allow for extra commands. I have not assigned these keys yet. I am not sure if these additional keys are ok to use, or if they are deemed as an "unfair advantage" in the eyes of EB or PB_bans? Whats the "official" view of using these keys, as it relates to PB_bans policy? Ok to use? In the past I've seen people cry foul, or accusing others of using macro keys/settings. Wanted to run this past the staff and get an official view, over what others are saying. Thanks guys.

Butt

I use one. Nuff said. Macros may cause cries of indignation in some games - I tend to avoid using macro keys where they would give me an advantage. Having said that nothing is stopping you using macros at all, except for the inevitable local ban on some servers.

Its personal preference really.

Thanks for the input guys. I was not sure if it whould set off any alarms as it relates to PB. It did come with a software disk with a few apps, and didn't want to have a "false positive" pop up, and cause headaches.

Just thought it best to ask in advance, rather than explain in the future ;)

• 1 month later...

I have G15, i don't use macro's but i have set some up to try the "pb_restiction" kick. I have it set to 2 and pb doesn't kick you at all.

Alot of gunship pilots in BF2142 use macro's to solo tv, which is one of the most annoying things ingame :angry: