||3RB||MOBB name hacked

mobb

Hi my in game in in battlefield 2 is ||3RB||MOBB I was name hacked back on Dec 30, 2007 here is the link:

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=50873

The reason why I'm writing this is there are still admins who dont know what a name hack is...at any rate can you guys please post a response here please that clearly states this is not me, so I can forward any admins of servers who question if I'm legitimate or not... this is still causing me problems and it would be nice to give these admins on the servers I play on a link thats states I never cheated... Pls state as much info as you can to quickly clear this situations up for me pls... thanks in advance

Edited by mobb

Hi my in game in in battlefield 2 is ||3RB||MOBB I was name hacked back on Dec 30, 2007 here is the link:

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=50873

The reason why I'm writing this is there are still admins who dont know what a name hack is...at any rate can you guys please post a response here please that clearly states this is not me, so I can forward any admins of servers who question if I'm legitimate or not... this is still causing me problems and it would be nice to give these admins on the servers I play on a link thats states I never cheated... Pls state as much info as you can to quickly clear this situations up for me pls... thanks in advance

Your in USA.

Player caught has a Japanese IP.

Case closed.

heres a link of the server that banned me for this guys who name hacked me...

http://www.clan-usqc.com/index.php?file=Forum&page=viewtopic&forum_id=2&thread_id=1462#7608

trust me... I agree with you... but would mind elaborating a bit... maybe by saying that it isnt me... I totally understand why it wouldnt be me but just for certain people would you mind just saying it is not me? thanks again... and thanks for being patient... I know it's pretty obvious but most admins want to hear those magic words that it isnt me...

Edited by mobb

I appreciate the support piggy but I still need the statement from pbbans to make this as clear as possible so I can just forward all further inquiries to this thread.

Edited by mobb

Your in USA.

Player caught has a Japanese IP.

Case closed.

There you have your statement Mob, the player who got caught has a japanese IP while you are from the US. Any admin should have realised that this can

I have sent the master user of the usqc team account a private message.

I find it very disturbing that PBBans staff and their fellow SGA's have to lead them by the nose re disecting the incremental information that accompanies MBI entries.

If they want to apply a local ban on you they should stop hiding behind a ban that was applied to someone from Japan using your alias.

How they come to the conclusion that you and the guy banned are linked will be interesting ... they say you learn new things every day ... this might be one of them.

One thing BF-series game admin really REALLY REALLY need to quit doing is mis-interpreting how the MPi works, and don't click the associated GUID option without an idea how it works, and same with the option for alias's.

Aliases in the game can be spoofed. Related GUID's get related to IP only. IP's can be handed out, randomly, if a player is on an ISP that has today's generic and random dynamic IP's, which most European ISP's seem to hand out, and as well, various North American ISP's, it really depends on which one you're assigned too, given the day and time. Those latter options are addition information ONLY, and NOT MEANT TO BE SOLID PROOF OF CHEATING!!!!!

If you do not search a player by his given PB assigned GUID(not hash, as given in BF-series games in the BF control panels you may use, you need the actual GUID, not HASH, big difference) you will get varying results. Hash is not searchable, or will give negative results in the MPi search. To use the extra functions on first-run, will also give you false-positives, as an IP assigned to someone else on that player's given ISP may show a hacker, but it may also not be the person you're suspecting. Use GUID, with no boxes ticked off, first, and search. If clean, leave it alone, and interpret the second search, with boxes ticked, based on several things, not just IP. Names used, when first and last seen(search each individually for both) and keep working the research back to the initial player, rather than just see one small part of the information and ban.

What you do with this information, up to you, as server admin. I can't/won't try to lead a horse to water and make him drink. I'm sure others may have something to add to this thread, but to look at info in one way, only, is not how it works here.

RW

I agree with you all whole heartedly and the reason why I post here as I am is as an instructional thread and/or corrective thread that can be presented on request whenever needed... I thank you all but as was already said I think there is nothing more to really talk about... they made their decision and while I dont agree, I can respect their intentions of keeping the server clean...

I agree with you all whole heartedly and the reason why I post here as I am is as an instructional thread and/or corrective thread that can be presented on request whenever needed... I thank you all but as was already said I think there is nothing more to really talk about... they made their decision and while I dont agree, I can respect their intentions of keeping the server clean...

I understand you myself, I also have bans linked to me that are in no way even close to me. I've also been banned for it, which completely sucks, but that is the state of affairs with some admins.

I understand you myself, I also have bans linked to me that are in no way even close to me. I've also been banned for it, which completely sucks, but that is the state of affairs with some admins.

Couldnt agree more! In fact as Fozzer said above it actually disappoints me when I see streaming game admins using the MPI in such a half assed manner and then using tenuous ban links to justify their actions.

You can either set up PBBans watch your server stream and then be happy in ignorant bliss, OR you can learn to use all the benefits of streaming and use those tools to learn how to interpret whats in front of you. Either way the choice comes down to the individual admin.