Disabling Status Updates for New Members

Piggy

I don't really see how it being a shoutbox is a problem if only SGA members could use it. However There does seem to be an increasing number of guests posting for help using it. I think making it SGA only would be a good step.

I used to play cybernations and we had to get rid of our shoutbox on our alliance fourm is it led to security issues. A hacker used it to gain access (cant remember how but I could try and found out) and wiped most of the forum. Also took out a lot of access - thankfully we had backups so got restored fairly quickly. Is a shoutbox/status update needed anyway?

Is a shoutbox/status update needed anyway?

^Couldn't agree more. Get rid of either option all together. To me, this site is about so much more than "look at me" and what I am up to fluff. Save shout boxes/updates for the generic clan site.

There are so many other avenues for self expression on the net, that this forum would be better off without either. Who gives a shit what Joe Blow is up to anyway, other than Joe? wink.gif

It's been removed. It was part of the color names mod.

Probably for the best.

If things can be worked out for an anti cheat cooperation with EA/DICE, it would be best (imho) in the long run to keep things 'on task', without site clutter/filler fluff. Who knows, if things go well - and other companies come by to see what the attraction w/ PBbans is all about, they will see a community with a singular focus on anti-cheat issues. Having a forum void of such things lends a feeling of crediability/seriousness to the main goal. Never hurts to put ones best foot forward. You never know who may be checking you out. cool.gif