New Call of Duty Title Announced

RoadWarrior

Source Link

New game set for 2011, Treyarch confirmed to develop title for 2010.

by Jim Reilly

March 2, 2010 - Activision has announced Sledgehammer Games, a newly formed studio led by former Visceral Games executives Glen A. Schofield and Michael Condrey, will develop a new Call of Duty title that will "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."

The publisher also confirmed it will release another Call of Duty title in 2011, but it's unclear as of now if this is the same title Sledgehammer is currently developing. This leaves the door open for another studio, possibly Infinity Ward, to develop the 2011 title. We've asked Activision for clarification.

The company also confirmed Treyarch is handling development on the Call of Duty title to be released this fall. Meanwhile, Infinity Ward is still set to develop and release the first two downloadable map packs for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

"2010 will be another important year for the Call of Duty franchise," stated Mike Griffith, President and CEO of Activision Publishing. "In addition to continued catalog sales, new downloadable content from Infinity Ward and a new Call of Duty release, we are excited about the opportunity to bring the franchise to new geographies, genres and players."

Activision also says it's looking to expand the franchise with the same focus seen in its Blizzard Entertainment business. This includes looking at "high-margin digital online content" and taking the series to "new geographies, new genres and with new digital business models."

The company has had "discussions with a select number of partners" to bring the franchise to Asia, one of the fastest growing online multiplayer regions.

March 2, 2010 - Activision has announced Sledgehammer Games, a newly formed studio led by former Visceral Games executives Glen A. Schofield and Michael Condrey, will develop a new Call of Duty title that will "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."

The company also confirmed Treyarch is handling development on the Call of Duty title to be released this fall. Meanwhile, Infinity Ward is still set to develop and release the first two downloadable map packs for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

"2010 will be another important year for the Call of Duty franchise," stated Mike Griffith, President and CEO of Activision Publishing. "In addition to continued catalog sales, new downloadable content from Infinity Ward and a new Call of Duty release, we are excited about the opportunity to bring the franchise to new geographies, genres and players."

Activision also says it's looking to expand the franchise with the same focus seen in its Blizzard Entertainment business. This includes looking at "high-margin digital online content" and taking the series to "new geographies, new genres and with new digital business models."

The company has had "discussions with a select number of partners" to bring the franchise to Asia, one of the fastest growing online multiplayer regions.

Call Of Duty ... the disgusting slut of the FPS world.

Call Of Duty ... the disgusting slut of the FPS world.

Call of LAG!!! lmao NOPE WONT BUY IT.

LOL action adventure ?? wt* & if its P2P nah bye bye i used to love cod but omg it just makes me rage these days lag migrates & dodgy gits every where. (but i cant help it i do still play unsure.gif )

Edited by jimbouk1977

Source Link

This leaves the door open for another studio, possibly Infinity Ward, to develop the 2011 title. We've asked Activision for clarification.

I lost interest right there!!

Bad Company 2 FTW!!!! :P

• 3 weeks later...

I lost interest right there!!

Bad Company 2 FTW!!!! :P

BC2??? That game is possibly the WORST Online FPS ive ever played...that game needed at least another year before it was ready for release IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

BC2??? That game is possibly the WORST Online FPS ive ever played...that game needed at least another year before it was ready for release IMO.

It has a few problems yes but so have other BF games, BF2 was the same upon release and now 5 years after its release it still seems to be doing well, BC2 has the potential to become a huge online game, let's hope DICE see that through :)

• 3 weeks later...

Whohoe

Another singel player that i can play for 10 hours for 55,- euro.

Money whoring industry.

I never liked the cod multiplayers.

Edited by Fricka

It has a few problems yes but so have other BF games, BF2 was the same upon release and now 5 years after its release it still seems to be doing well, BC2 has the potential to become a huge online game, let's hope DICE see that through :)

BC2 is done

there may be people playing it 5 years from now....i won't be one of them

they screwed the pooch on this one

there will be a lot of crappy releases now

why shouldn't there be? we buy them and bitch

too late they already got the money

we are going to be on the receiving end of a lot of crap the next few years

BC2 is done

there may be people playing it 5 years from now....i won't be one of them

I didn't think I'd agree with you and assumed that with the bad hit registration it would be resolved in a patch, unfortunately, that's not the case, the game just infuriates me and I stopped playing it over a week ago. I'd be the first to admit if I couldn't aim correctly but their's bad aim and then their's shots that you know have hit yet no kill, many times I've put a full magazine into a player from 30 feet away and still nothing.

I know it's not just me too as others have had the same issue as there are many posts on the Steam forums about the hit reg.

Edit:

I've gone back to CS:S, at least I know those weapons are deadly and will take a player out with the minimum of hits :D

Edited by xX_Renegade_Xx