PBb Streaming yes or no ?

BlueRed

Hello i am the admin of about 4 ETQW Servers

My simple question is:

Why should i use PBb Streaming?

I mean the *edit* aimbot is still not detected by PB *(orly?)* are there any

things that can PBb do for my Server?

This is not a flame against PBb but i want to know if it still makes sense to use it?

Yours BlueRed

Edited by Benway
postuing cheat related info will not be tolerated here

i could pose the question as to why you still run ET:QW servers. not to start a flame war :D

the support offered here for streaming admin is reason enough to stream

if you are serious about keeping your servers as cheat free as possible, then you should stream here

• Upvote 1

@ HSMagnet what support could i expect from PBb ?

@ Radiation i have already registred myself.

But i have concerns about a higher server load, crashes and so on..

Therefore i ask first and than i can make a decission.

AND YES ETQW IS A OLD GAME.... for sad

@ HSMagnet what support could i expect from PBb ?

@ Radiation i have already registred myself.

But i have concerns about a higher server load, crashes and so on..

Therefore i ask first and than i can make a decission.

AND YES ETQW IS A OLD GAME.... for sad

Server load is not affected by streaming. The whole point of PBBans is a ban list of cheaters, the more people that join the streaming the bigger the list gets. And yes you are right, not ever cheat is detected but anti cheat is reaction and most of those cheats are usually taken care of by evenbalance themselves with global bans. If you want to keep previous cheaters off your servers then use PBBans.

• Upvote 1

Support wise you'll get the benefits of knowledge from PBBans which has been running for several years in the gaming community. Access to discussions between Streaming Game Admins and tools (cheat indexes, player indexes, ban indexes, etc)

Streaming to an AC organisation won't cause high server load, crashes, or so on.

Streaming uses a feature called PB UCON which interacts with Punkbuster. Punkbuster is an anti-cheat system developed by EvenBalance, PBBans is an anti-cheat organisation which takes advantage of Punkbuster software to prevent known hackers from accessing your server.

EB do global bans (as mentioned by Ice Man), PBBans handles specific game bans based on known hacks detected by config's, submitted screenshots or demos.

You're never going to find a 100% fool proof solution but PBBans does a great job at helping to keep the hackers away. Stats wise there currently 5,074 streaming servers over 30 different games and 157,717 bans enforced over those various games.

look at it this way: you can use our banlist http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-etqw-lfb24.html (note a few recent EB catches?), streaming servers you will contribute to that list thus convicted cheaters will be kept off all streaming servers and all other servers using pbbans public MBi banlist. Up to you.

We will continue support for ETQW as long it is supported by PB, personally i have no issues to do the same work for 1 server or for 1000, though there is not too much to do/support with the grade of current activity including (no) hack releases. No comments or discussion on cheats will be made or tolerated in public forums here.

I have setted up the streaming right now....

hope it works right :-)

But why are discussion about cheats / hacks not tolerated here?

You can discuss them in SGA private areas. You are not allowed to post links to them in any area. If you have your hands on a cheat, from someone else, submit it directly to benway, and to [email protected]

DO NOT OPEN IT OR TEST IT!

We do chat about the cheats, but we do not try to encourage the general public to use them in any way, and we do not advertise for the cheat sites, thus keep the links off. Also, many in the past have been tempted to download and try cheats, thinking they won't get caught, and when they do, they soon find themselves on our MBi.... master of their own demise. Again, another reason to not post the links. Discussion is fine, links, not in public or private, just send them to us. Pick on a staff member, of any sort, regardless, we'll see to it it gets sent to the right place.