Portal for Free (Until May 24)

MaydaX

Portal used to cost money. Until May 24th, it's free. End of story.

Well, technically speaking, there are some strings attached. Fortunately, they're entirely decorative. We just like the way they look, swaying in the gentle breeze created by a million people simultanously fainting from shock at the news that Portal is free. Now you have no reason not to try Portal.

"I have a reason," some of you are probably typing into an angry email. "You see, sir, I own a Mac."

Well guess what: For the first time ever, Portal is also available for the Mac.

"Capital news! But the excellent puzzle adventure Portal won over 40 Game of the Year awards; Surely it must cost at least five or six hundred dollars."

You'd think that, especially since it actually won over 70 Game of the Year Awards. But, like we keep saying, Portal is free. Free on the Mac. Free on the PC. But only until May 24th. So you only have a few days to decide if your free copy of Portal is worth the price we're currently charging - which is you ever-so-slightly moving your index finger just barely enough to click the big red "download" button right there to the left.

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

If you download the game between now and the 24th, you will own it for free even after the 24th.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14910927#post14910927

• Upvote 1

Easy game if you have the mind for it. Not one to be playing when you have had a few. Love the game and completed it; A bit upset that it was free since I payed for the game but hey why not test it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Easy game if you have the mind for it. Not one to be playing when you have had a few. Love the game and completed it; A bit upset that it was free since I payed for the game but hey why not test it out.

I downloaded this game a couple weeks ago. It's a decent game. I understand the basic objective of the game, but I didn't put a lot of time into it. If you reformat will you need to purchase the game to download it again?

I downloaded this game a couple weeks ago. It's a decent game. I understand the basic objective of the game, but I didn't put a lot of time into it. If you reformat will you need to purchase the game to download it again?

No, the game is permanently tied to your Steam account :)

You can play the game whereever you can log in with your Steam user (after you download it again of course) ;)

~

/*Pisi*/