MoH beta (again)

HSMagnet

brace yourselves

it is still a clunky, slow sow

looks better

server browser is broke ...well get the something something is unavailable message

busting people with the bolt snipers (thanks early access through gun club) is a blast

please, someone, tell me i am an idiot and that they really improved a lot of stuff

then give me examples

i really want to like the stuff DICE puts out because at least Kalms cares

but this still makes me feel like i am trying to move through gelatin and there is a delay built into the controls

I didn't play the first beta so have no idea what has changed or been altered, a post I've just made on the Steam forums:

I didn't buy MW2 after they decided on no dedi servers..

I did buy BC2 though and after trying that for a number of hours the hit reg annoyed me so much I stopped playing.

This game from what I've played so far is very fast-paced, I like the fact that you can have another player anywhere on the map (rooftop/corner) between the cap points so moving in a small team is better if possible.

The weapons seem to take out the target I'm aiming at so that's a bonus ;)

I really dislike the mountain game mode though, just not my type of mode I think and I would like to see a little more recoil on the weapons.

So far, it seems to play nice and smooth but I will be playing a bit more before I decide to buy it or not.

I've not had any problems with the server browser or PB as some are getting. Also, it seems hacks are already out and in the beta so you guys/gals got your work cut out on a game that's not even released yet :(

First time I played any MOH title and if it's better then any of the previous titles, I'm delighted at the cash savings I've made by not buying any of them.

Looks like it's Black Ops for me then.

Edited by Aura6S

First time I played any MOH title and if it's better then any of the previous titles, I'm delighted at the cash savings I've made by not buying any of them.

Looks like it's Black Ops for me then.

BO is not a slam dunk either, but, it looks like the best chance for a while

Have to admit MoH 2010 has impressed me.

It's going to have it's issues but game play is a lot smoother than certain games out there.

It'll be a good fun PB enabled community/clan game.

COD:BO/VAC - 'nuff said.

• Upvote 1

Here I am playing this new beta game....

Try less players SuperTaz, 24 players on a map of that size is ridiculous, I don't like the map size anyway, they are far too small. You know you can run btw :P

I'm still undecided as of yet, I like the CQC of the game but I dislike the small maps, my game style is flanker, I do like to get behind the opfor and harass them as much as possible from the back but the map size limits my play style.

Have to admit MoH 2010 has impressed me.

It's going to have it's issues but game play is a lot smoother than certain games out there.

It'll be a good fun PB enabled community/clan game.

COD:BO/VAC - 'nuff said.

Yeah, it's growing on me now. Gonna add it to my clan's roster of games and add a server for it. We will have some fun with it, no doubt. And yes, PB/PBBans support is what made my decision final.

+1 to you Sir.

Honestly PB isn't a deal breaker for me anymore. I've played a lot of cod4 on both pb enabled and disabled servers and I never seen much difference in the number of hackers. Mainly it kept players from using free public hacks.

MoH lacks the features that other great pc games have for me to recommend to PC gamers. "Times are changing" is not an excuse. I honestly see the day coming where I leave PBBans because PC FPS gaming will be direct console ports that are no fun to play, then again that may happen sooner than I think.

Honestly PB isn't a deal breaker for me anymore. I've played a lot of cod4 on both pb enabled and disabled servers and I never seen much difference in the number of hackers. Mainly it kept players from using free public hacks.

MoH lacks the features that other great pc games have for me to recommend to PC gamers. "Times are changing" is not an excuse. I honestly see the day coming where I leave PBBans because PC FPS gaming will be direct console ports that are no fun to play, then again that may happen sooner than I think.

I hear ya. Don't give up just yet though. I'm just biding my time with these blockbuster games until HoS comes out. I have high hopes for it. It will be a 100% PC game and I guess the mod tools are released to some already, from what I read. Heard of all kinds of mods, everything from the American Civil War to modern times. Too many features to list also. Plus, I'm thinking, because it's a very strategic WWII based game, it will attract a mostly adult playerbase. I can't give up my hobby yet. Times are only changing for the big names in games. Time for PC gamers to look at some other options. Everybody needs to look past the hype of the blockbusters first though. Otherwise, your prediction will come true and my high-end gaming rig will be nothing but a web surfer.

Here I am playing this new beta game. I died a lot during this, but, it was different. Although, I still say it is an expansion pack for BC2. Watch it in 1080p. :)

from some of our members

I would not have been able to tell if that was bc2 or medal of honor if you hadn't told me

That seems awful jerky and laggy.

i must say it has not been improved over BC2 enough to matter. certainly not enough to warrant $60.00.

I would have to agree with you there. It just does not impress me at all since I have games like that already... :lol:

I find I spend a lot of my time in older games these days as there really isn't anything I want to play as far as the new releases.

...ugh, it's still not getting the $60 from me. I honestly tried hard to like it, but I couldn't.

All I see Sector Control as is a clustered CoD Domination with horrible spawn points.

You spawn at random points in the maps for no reason.

Enemies spawn behind you in your base for no reason.

Teams just randomly switch sides on the map for no reason.

The maps seriously need to be expanded more. It's WAY too easy to gain/lose all 3 capture points/sectors/whatevers. I mean, sure it WAS possible in CoD4 to dominate all three points, but that usually never stayed for long.

Well on the good side, I never ran into any teleport hackers or cheaters.

• Upvote 1

I will not be buying the game either. Until DICE starts making games more like BF1942, BFV, BF2 and BF2142, I will stick with the COD series. These newer BF games are not what I expected. This new game engine does not cut it for me. There is too much lag, the maps are too small, players' hit registry is way off, the game is not stable, the exploits are still there after several patches and then environment is too crowded. If frostbite 2 is the same way, then I foresee EA losing ground in the PC gaming market in the near future. The only good thing EA/DICE has done so far is keep using Punkbuster.

But, with today's game manufacturers wanting more protections for their games, (i.e. platforms like steam to protect client side files and to fight piracy, trusted providers and server files to be locked down), then I see doom in the near future. I have been gaming for over 10 years now and these companies are moving "WAY" too fast by wanting to use the latest technologies. It seems these game manufacturers are more interested in keeping their games secure rather than making good quality games. To me, that is just ridiculous.

I miss the good old days when I would go in a 64 slot BF2 server and not lag at all and have a great time with my clan at the time. Now, I go into a 32 slot BC2 server and all I want to do is leave because I can't hit anything or move without lagging. I now see that quality went right out the window with these newer games. I actually believe that if DICE goes backward rather than forward by using older games as close reference tools, then they might save the PC gaming market. But, I don't see that happening...ever.

:doomed:

• Upvote 2