Pre-Order COD:BO On Steam

SuperTaz

Q: Can you have different gametypes in a map rotation on a dedicated server for the PC?

A: Unranked servers can be configured much more freely. Ranked servers you'll have to use preset Playlist-like configurations.

#AskJD Are Ranked PC Servers forced to run MW2-style playlists like Ground War, Hardcore Moshpit, etc? Can you run a 24/7 Sabotage server???

@6FRGaming You can have a 24/7 Sabotage server. There are no playlists, just preset game mode configurations.

Doesn't sound like you can do much in ranked.

Q: How is the reporting system going to work?

A: You select a player, view his Player Card, and click one of the options under the "Report Player" menu (Boosting, Cheating, etc).

Q:What happens if people report people that hasnt done anything and what will be the punishments for cheating, boosting,modding?

A:We review all reports before taking action. Theater mode makes that possible.

Oh joy another game that revolves around ranks and a system to protect the damn things.

Q:Will I still be able to quickscope?

A: No. Quickscoping is a cheap way to play. We're specifically going to gimp Quickscoping, sorry. Play straight-up!

Q:How exactly did you

Oh joy another game that revolves around ranks and a system to protect the damn things.

Seems like that's all that matters anymore. I would rather have control of a bit more stuff and not have a ranked server, but all everyone wants to do is go online and see how their stats compare to everyone else. I blame the consoles for doing this to us.

I blame the consoles for doing this to us.

Actually if I recall it was Battlefield 2 that started this mess in 2005 for us PC gamers. Also started the trusted provider crap too.

• Upvote 2

Actually if I recall it was Battlefield 2 that started this mess in 2005 for us PC gamers. Also started the trusted provider crap too.

the road to hell is paved with good intentions.....

you arrive in hell because you can't admit you were totally fucking wrong <_>

a comment from our forums

Lies! You'll be right there with me and thousands of other people, torching the Steam forums when it hasn't unlocked by 12:02. icon_razz.gif

I guess I should just prepare now for a release in the true Steam tradition... no pre-load, no unlock until mid-afternoon on release day, and craptacular download speeds. Have to remember to buy enough vodka the day before to keep me passed out until the agony of waiting is over. icon_lol.gif

Edited by HSMagnet

I'll be keeping an eye on you B)

Maydax will be a day 1 supreme commander. :P

Butt

A member on callofduty.com had a question and answer session with JD on COD:BO. Read it below:

Last night Josh Olin held another Black Ops Q&A-Twitter session. Again, a LOT (72!) of multiplayer questions have been answered. TLbiggrin.gifR at the bottom!

@JD_2020

• Upvote 1

Good stuff taz. Thanks for posting that. :)

Go figure. People ask specific questions, people get specific answers. Got to appreciate that... Sure beats the hell out of the "half answers" we get elsewhere.

Butt

That I would buy, long as I could shoot Urkel.

I promised myself I wouldn't flame COD anymore. Instead, I'll stick to flaming the hype surrounding it. On some other game forums, you'd think that BO has the cure for cancer embedded in the code. It's like a world event. Line up and buy COD4 with a new paintjob. Only $60 USD. And all the people said "Amen".

It actually has higher requirements than BFBC2 does.

Actually BC2 is higher. The min specs for BC2 are too low for smooth gameplay. Least it was for my C2D E8500 (3.16GHz) and my 8800GTS.

BC2 Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or higher

Memory: 2GB Graphics: 512 MB

Video Card (GeForce GTX 260/ ATI Radeon 4870)