Pre-Order COD:BO On Steam

SuperTaz

But, this one has dedicated servers and zombie mode (Co-Op) is back. :P

Sure you don't mean "Dead" servers Taz? :P

Hosting on Lame servers really is the main reason I won't get the game. I like the looks of it and agree with the others on the low slot count but might be able to tolerate that. I will take the wait and see seat for now, Guess they could surprise me but NO PRE-ORDERS! for me any more anyway... <_>

14 maps out of the box.

Different game modes to keep everyone happy.

Theater reviews.

Some level of server control (not matchmaking bs)

As a former EA/DICE loyalist/snob, it will be a bit of an adjustment to a new series, but its still a FPS afterall. Wont be that big of a departure. Looking forward to it, to be quite honest. Would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit apprehensive about the VAC side of all this. But theres got to be a reason EB did not get the contract. I do like the concept of a cheater caught in VAC, they get banned from more than the game caught on (or at least thats how I understand it)

Once the initial bugs get ironed out, and everyone has a decent feel for the new maps, I'd welcome other PBbans SGA's to PM me about possible "friendly" clan v clan scrim possibilities. Contact me either here, or at our website. Sunday evening has generally been our best night on getting enough ppl together. But that was back when we were doing 12 v 12.

Butt

Edited by buttscratcher

For all the griping I have already done about Black Ops, I will probably be wasting my $60 to buy it. It may be fun for a few months. Even though there is no pb, I still think I will buy it, and play it until VAC fails at getting the large numbers of hackers out of it. The big disappointment for me is the 18 slots. When WaW first came out we had a 50 slot server that was full 23 hours a day. Playing 9v9 seemed empty, now that will be a full server.

I'm hoping that BF3 will have more than 18/24/32 slots for the server. The good old days of a 64 slot server is probably a thing of the past. The only game I have any real hope for is RO2.

The good old days of a 64 slot server is probably a thing of the past.

Very true.

I'm still undecided on this, I've just pre-ordered a new game that looks very good http://store.steampowered.com/app/35460/ so will wait and see what happens, it's the thought of VAC that puts me off Black Ops, I do prefer PB and streaming servers and if the cheating in MW2 is anything to go by judging from what I've read elsewhere this game won't be far behind.

I must admit I've had this temptation to buy Modern Warfare 2 now for a few months...

Not for the Multiplayer though, purely because the Single Player was good, not giving in though.

Somebody gift me? :P

I must admit I've had this temptation to buy Modern Warfare 2 now for a few months...

Not for the Multiplayer though, purely because the Single Player was good, not giving in though.

Somebody gift me? :P

hahaha someone gifted me MW2 a while back...it is the lobby waiting game

and someone was nice enough to gift me CoD:BO. so i will be one of those to offer "constructive" criticism early ;)

9v9 is a joke. We'd have to rent 2 or 3 servers just for our clan members to be able to play

i agree

we do plan on renting a couple at least

one being a wager server

we usually have few at launch of games and see what shakes out

thinking the low slots on ranked will be the killer for this game

Edited by HSMagnet

No thanks :P

After MW2, I will be waiting for a nice pile of reviews and comments from our SGAs and members before I go anywhere near it's steam page or boxed copy.

Well... We've gone from - no, to maybe. I think next time it will be "ok, I'll give it a go." ;)

Even though there is no pb, I still think I will buy it, and play it until VAC fails at getting the large numbers of hackers out of it. The big disappointment for me is the 18 slots. When WaW first came out we had a 50 slot server that was full 23 hours a day. Playing 9v9 seemed empty, now that will be a full server.

Yeah, its not a very high player count, but lets give them the benifit of the doubt for now. We can flame them later if they drop a "BC2 like" turd. Granted, its purely speculation on my part, but perhaps things are being kept low on release for either legitmate reasons, or as a precaution. See 24 slot in unranked.

Hopefully player counts will be bumped up a bit after the initial bugs are ironed out. Personally, I like the server that isn't jammed to the gills. The caos of "shoot, kill, run, die, re-spawn- rinse & repeat" found on maxed player count servers is frustrating and lacks in real teamwork.

As long as its a fun game our groups can enjoy with our friends, thats the main thing for me.

Butt

The caos of "shoot, kill, run, die, re-spawn- rinse & repeat" found on maxed player count servers is frustrating and lacks in real teamwork.

What's the matter with that? Those 50 slot shipment and killhouse servers in cod4 are awesome for fragging. :P

I for one game to have FUN... i bought MW2 and have had a blast since release gonna do the same on Black Ops. The old games were fun and all but there dead now....

What's the matter with that? Those 50 slot shipment and killhouse servers in cod4 are awesome for fragging. :P

Personal preference I suppose. If others prefer balls out caos, I can appreciate that.

Looking at the maplist, out of the 14 maps, it looks like 8 are described as medium sized. 3 are described as small. This might have something to do with the initial player count cap - if the majority of the maps do not have the acreage to let ppl roam a little, could be why they chose 18 to start with. Dont know, just a guess. I would bet they tested it with different player counts, but setteled on 18 for a reason.

Perhaps Treyarch took note of the BC2 release when there were what, 10,000 - 32 slot servers worldwide - mostly sitting empty? I forget the actual numbers ( but more servers available - than ppl playing ever needed). Don't know. All just wild speculation on my part. :rolleyes:

Guess we will find out here in a few weeks.

Butt

Perhaps Treyarch took note of the BC2 release when there were what, 10,000 - 32 slot servers worldwide - mostly sitting empty? I forget the actual numbers ( but more servers available - than ppl playing ever needed). Don't know. All just wild speculation on my part. :rolleyes:

:P Only reason BC2 servers were and are empty is the game and maker SUCK. I bet that wont happen with CoD BO but they need to raise the limit from 18 to 32. I used to run a 48 slot CoD4 server and loved the madness but have been bealing with the low amount on MW2.

Perhaps Treyarch took note of the BC2 release when there were what, 10,000 - 32 slot servers worldwide - mostly sitting empty? I forget the actual numbers ( but more servers available - than ppl playing ever needed). Don't know. All just wild speculation on my part.

I've posted elsewhere that DX10+ eye candy doesn't make a game great, the game play does. Just a note MW2 still tops the most played game on XBox Live while BC2 has slipped to #10.

:P Only reason BC2 servers were and are empty is the game and maker SUCK. I bet that wont happen with CoD BO but they need to raise the limit from 18 to 32. I used to run a 48 slot CoD4 server and loved the madness but have been bealing with the low amount on MW2.

yeah S&D is good with 24, but i like more with TDM especially