Do you remember when

idaho

and you loaded your own server as you wished ? Games like Q1 Q2 Q3 SOF1 SOF2 Q3urban terror ect , have been renting crappy servers & worse games the past few years and am done unless theres a game/games that are truly of the afore mentioned genre that use todays technologies & yes pb/streaming also . Or should we all roll over & stick an appendage in a nintendo or such other game pad sissyfied device ?

Reading thru these posts seeing everyone hoping for the same I think is why I post for help as I may have over looked a good modern game that allows hosting w/ control & individuality . Oh & by new I mean dx11 + , not $60 for a dx9 crapolla as CODBO w/ VAC and for that fact nothing at all to do w/ Steam or its ping killing "technologies" nor EA'S backend malfuntions or Windows Live rubbish .

In writing this thoe I see my error as I've excluded my search without a mention of drm or the likes . Maybe I'll have to get a life then as its all gone now that gaming is for profit not play .........

I remember when games never had ranks / unlocks and great gameplay was what kept people coming back. Now it's all about rank whores who care nothing about playing the game or doing objectives. Instead they camp for the best K/D ratio.

FPS online gaming is all but dead for me now. It's not fun anymore. I play games to unwind and have fun, now I just get more pissed over idiots camping and not doing the objectives.

• Upvote 1

there have always been stat whores

dethematrix110000pd2.jpg

but you had control over the campers and non-objective players

now they design the games to make the players leave every map to look at whatever shiny new doodad they just unlocked

ranks & unlocks & campers oh my :eek: time to delve in the racing genre [maybe one with guns] . Please post back if anything FPS comes along & I'll do the same . Great knowing its not just me ,,, as I respect this site its endeavors and followers and all thats been done to promote clean gaming from your hard work . To bad the industry could care less .

I remember when multiplayer games were all about the gameplay, but you're right. Its all about the money and stupid ranks. Its a breeding ground for cheaters too. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the game makers are part of the problem, they are cashing in on the cheat market, what i mean is, they are the ones allowing cheats, maybe even making and selling them.

But there is no point trying to change it, we are but a minority. All you can do is vote with you're wallet.

People may say that I am paranoid, but consider this, practically every multiplayer FPS game has a cheat available, but is there a cheat available to get free games from EA store, or steam?

The answer is no, because they protect themselves and their cashflow, but not us honest gamers

Vote with you're wallet instead of moaning (I dont mean that in a nasty way, god knows ive moaned and moaned)

You only have to look at the EA forums, thousands of players moaning about this and that, and never once do you see an official statement from the companies that have pocketed you're cash.

For us honest gamers, yep you're right 100%, PC multiplayer gaming died many years ago. The sociopathic gamer is the new cashcow....

• 7 months later...

RO2 = pb & pbbans supported , vac , modding , free dlc [maps] . Graphics are dated but wtf everything else a gamer/clan could want is there & Tripwire/Developer is actively supportive . Hopefully this will take a noticeable chunk of $ out of the devs for other profit squeezing companies or @ least enough to force them to take notice of what the community really wants & is willing to buy . We're all in & hope to see many other groups & players support a real multi-player experience .

• Upvote 2

RO2 = pb & pbbans supported , vac , modding , free dlc [maps] . Graphics are dated but wtf everything else a gamer/clan could want is there & Tripwire/Developer is actively supportive . Hopefully this will take a noticeable chunk of $ out of the devs for other profit squeezing companies or @ least enough to force them to take notice of what the community really wants & is willing to buy . We're all in & hope to see many other groups & players support a real multi-player experience .

+1 for that idaho .. well said :)

A nostalgic sentiment perhaps .. but one I fully concur with.

RO2 = pb & pbbans supported , vac , modding , free dlc [maps] . Graphics are dated but wtf everything else a gamer/clan could want is there & Tripwire/Developer is actively supportive...

Outstanding support indeed, but one downer...no Linux server files,just like Brink.

tbh i think they are just too freaking busy to do linux binaries atm

what happened to the dude that made the linux files for everything back in the day?

Ryan did them for a lot of games. Not sure what he is working on these days.

http://icculus.org/

RO2 may not have them on release but there is hope giving Tripwires track record.

• Upvote 1

DICE used to be cool, now they want to knock COD out of the top spot after seeing all the success that Activision/IW/Treyarc/Sledgehammer have. I have a feeling, that if I was allowed into a board meeting with DICE I'd be kicked out not to long after

DICE used to be cool, now they want to knock COD out of the top spot after seeing all the success that Activision/IW/Treyarc/Sledgehammer have. I have a feeling, that if I was allowed into a board meeting with DICE I'd be kicked out not to long after

They had just the game to do that as well with BF3, but seem to be trying their utmost to cock the chance up in one way or another (no unranked server files, battlelog, no in game menu, not able to connect to a server via ip etc) :blink:

On the flip side, MW3, based on what I have seen so far, may have just trumped BF3 at the last minute (the one big drawback for MW3 is no PB) .. be interesting to see how it all pans out :scratchchin:

My personal opinion is MW3 would have retained top spot for the COD series without too much effort if PB was offered to run in conjunction with VAC, or as an alternative to VAC, but even without PB its going to be a pretty close second to BF3 ... and thats dependent on EA/DICE springing no more surprises :P

Yea.. but how much if it is DICE going after CoD, or is it EA that's causing this. I am thinking EA. Anyways, even with the latest announcement from MW3... BF3 still looks much more appealing.

tbh, EA owns DICE.

i am sure they do what they are told

other games released through EA, from studios they do not own, have public server files

EA & ACTVI are still in the titanic contest of tripping over their own mistakes and seeing who can fall into the biggest pile of money from all of us idiots

• Upvote 1

Yea.. but how much if it is DICE going after CoD, or is it EA that's causing this. I am thinking EA. Anyways, even with the latest announcement from MW3... BF3 still looks much more appealing.

With MW3 having just one drawback (no PB) and BF3 having a list of drawbacks (read above) and lets not forget that no one knows if BF3 will stream as it should because no one has had an opportunity to test it.

MW3 is looking more appealing than ever when I compare the 2 games.

If that annoying little runt fourzerotwo and his cronies, took a peek at what happened to Homefront when it relied soley on VAC, just maybe they would experience a miraculous enlightenment re anti cheat.

Thats just my opinion of course :P

The only BF3 gametype I'm really interested in is TDM but with the 24 player cap and the rest of the limitations, I'm gonna see what MW3 offers. Leaked slides from CoD XP showed MW3 supports 32 players. PC may even support more.

With MW3 having just one drawback (no PB) and BF3 having a list of drawbacks (read above) and lets not forget that no one knows if BF3 will stream as it should because no one has had an opportunity to test it.

MW3 is looking more appealing than ever when I compare the 2 games.

If that annoying little runt fourzerotwo and his cronies, took a peek at what happened to Homefront when it relied soley on VAC, just maybe they would experience a miraculous enlightenment re anti cheat.

Thats just my opinion of course :P

You lost me at one drawback.... :D:P