Medal of Honor 2 in Development

MaydaX

Yes, Danger Close is currently working on the next Medal of Honor.

Just recently, EA announced that the reboot of Medal of Honor was a big success with over 5 million copies sold. We wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for supporting us, our new studio and our storied franchise. We would especially like to thank all of the long time Medal of Honor fans out there who have stuck with us over the years.

Since our launch last October, we've studied, listened and absorbed much of your feedback and are very excited to be marching forward on the next title. We can't wait to tell you more about it, so check back often to the website and the fan page on Facebook.

As you all know, our goal was to tell the story of today's soldier and to do so with the utmost respect and reverence. We've received many letters, emails and messages from active servicemen and women from around the world, along with veterans and their families, with appreciation for our recent depiction of their community. I can't tell you how important this is to everyone here at Danger Close Games. You are the heartbeat of this team and this franchise and we are privileged and honored to tell your story. Medal of Honor has always been fueled by the passion of our fans and the commitment and sacrifice shown by the men and women of our armed services.

It's going to be a fun ride for the Medal of Honor franchise. We are happy to have you aboard.

Greg Goodrich

Executive Producer

Medal of Honor

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2011/02/case-you-were-wondering%E2%80%A6

How that lackluster game sold 5 million copies is beyond me. Guess it's true that EA marketing can sell just about anything.

• Upvote 1

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2011/02/case-you-were-wondering%E2%80%A6

How that lackluster game sold 5 million copies is beyond me. Guess it's true that EA marketing can sell just about anything.

The answer to your question is brand name.

People bought into the brand, I'd expect most of those sales were made early on before people realised how much of a disappointment the game was.

The answer to your question is brand name.

People bought into the brand, I'd expect most of those sales were made early on before people realised how much of a disappointment the game was.

Correct, I bought it and regret ever playing it, MoH2 is an instant no buy fom me.

That and all those 50% off sales. You know something is wrong when you are pushing half off sales just a few short months after release while MW2 / CoDBO remains at $59 and still sells a ton of copies.

5 million sold but 10,000 - 20,000 plays it across all platforms.

http://mohstats.com/

It will sell because alot of gamers have no patience to wait for something decent. The majority want their quick fix filled and then moan when it doesn't meet expectations. So the developers will carry on churning out brand after brand because even if it only puts bums on seats for 10 mins, it still puts dollars in their pocket.

I did not buy the first MoH and I will definitely not be buying the second one either.

For me to buy a game, it needs to have:

• All map sizes (small, medium and large)
  • The ability to have 50+ players on the server (preferably 64 slots)
  • Punkbuster (For obvious reasons :))
  • FTP Access to ALL PB files (A Must!)
  • Ability to strafe and lean and go prone
  • Must not be a beta game when it is released like *cough* COD:BO *cough* (Not that many bugs, glitches and exploits at release)
  • Ability to use mods on unranked servers with FULL ACCESS to the damn server!!!! (I can't emphasize this enough!)
  • First person spectator mode to help in catching cheaters (Also a Must!)

And anything else I forgot to mention that would help server admins keep their servers running smoothly.

COD4 FTW!

• Upvote 1

As I expected, boycott signatures are starting to popup just like BF2 :P

EADICEfail2BMP.jpg

The sad thing is that some of those boycotters will just go straight out and buy the game anyway, either way, we get more garbage.