Bans linked to my ip address

goonarsene

Hi , I was playing on a server (109.70.148.29:28931) last night and got a permanent ban notice. when I contacted the server admin he told me that I had 12 bans linked to my ip address and that because I was getting a high score they decided to ban me because they thought I might be a hacker . Now I don tknow much about pbbans and how it all works psb and punkbuster . If anyone can help me understand this and help me to sought this out I would be most grateful . Any info required I will be more than willing to give it. Thank you.

d17848ca was last seen on a PBBans COD4 protected server on Feb 20, 2011 at 11:09 am.

Looks like a leaked key to me, it has been used by players from Germany / Portugal / Poland.

I dont know were the 12 linked bans come from as the leaked key is clean for the moment and it was not worth checking other IP's out.

Game you were playing and an in game name would be a good start. Would be even better if you could supply the last 8 digits of your GUID for that game.

ok sorry . I was playing call of duty 4 under the name of "oldSkool" and my guid is (d17848ca) . Thanks for your reply.

Edited by goonarsene

d17848ca was last seen on a PBBans COD4 protected server on Feb 20, 2011 at 11:09 am.

Looks like a leaked key to me, it has been used by players from Germany / Portugal / Poland.

I dont know were the 12 linked bans come from as the leaked key is clean for the moment and it was not worth checking other IP's out.

Well Portugal would be me as that is where I live but the other countries I have no idea. Refering to the 12 linked bans that is what I was told by the server admin and that because of my score and the linked bans it was reason enough to suspect me of foul play.I dont know how it could be a leaked key as I purchased thsi game direct from amazon.uk and have deffinately never given my key out to anyone else.Thanks

Edited by goonarsene

If I were you, I would do a good system scan for viruses/malware or even reformat and get a new copy of the game.

Is there anyway to see which player or players have been using my key.

not for public use

Could someone please explain to me these 12 bans linked to my ip address. The server admin for that server told me that someone either played on my ip address that was banned or that I had used a different key code that was banned neither of which is possible. I am just trying to figure what is going on . He told me that he checked my ip address here on this site but how can I do that to see for myself . Thanks to all who have previously replied to my post.

Could someone please explain to me these 12 bans linked to my ip address. The server admin for that server told me that someone either played on my ip address that was banned or that I had used a different key code that was banned neither of which is possible. I am just trying to figure what is going on . He told me that he checked my ip address here on this site but how can I do that to see for myself . Thanks to all who have previously replied to my post.

you also play as xplicit? i think there are many people using this cd-key/GUID

IP has almost no bearing as it is dynamic for you

almost every time you play, you have a new IP

anyone banning you for bans linked to your IP only, is not worth messing with. play somewhere else

you also play as xplicit? i think there are many people using this cd-key/GUID

IP has almost no bearing as it is dynamic for you

almost every time you play, you have a new IP

anyone banning you for bans linked to your IP only, is not worth messing with. play somewhere else

Yes I mainly play under the name Xplicit but I have played under quite a few other names . So when you say that you think there are "many other people using my

cd-key" do you mean many different names associated to this key or that other people from different countries are using it.Thanks.

Different names across different countries, etc etc key has been leaked.

As HSMagnet put it they're not worth it, play elsewhere.

Ok , thanks to all those that helped me out with this. Time to buy a new one!

Edited by goonarsene

Ok , thanks to all those that helped me out with this. Time to buy a new one!

The ban I received from this server, is that a pbbans or was I banned from the server by someone on it and if it is a ppbans server is there anything that can be done about it.