disallowed Program/Driver [120181]

imaculate

Usually overlays. Anything that draws something in front of the game (like fraps/xfire) but hasn't been white listed by EB. If you have an obscure video recorder or Team Speak overlay it can do that.

Things like ATI Tray Tools etc. can also produce the Disallowed Program/Driver kick.

It's affecting me too!

I heard it was something to do with overlays. Right now i have anything off that appears to have it such as Steam, Teamspeak, xfire etc... But I didn't think about ATI's tray tools. I will look into seeing how to disable this and if it works for me.

edit:

Turned off ATI's tool try but that didn't work either. I actually have everything now off and still get a boot.

Edited by imaculate

yes i am now getting this also i have everything turned off!! also try 'd it by elimination to see which program /driver (fraps, ventrillo, ati, steam etc....) nothing is working!! what have you done, it was all good yesterday now it's all turned to shit!?

Can someone help with this? I just sign on BF3 and try to join my friend game then got boot. I cant join any games unless it is not pb enable.

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'JungleG1337' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Disallowed Program/Driver [120181]

i am having the same problem and i am not using ati tray tools! i have reinstalled battlefield and punkbuster, i have changed my firewall settings, i have done everything except for throwing my computer out of the window and nothing has happened! i need some help!

Same problem. No changes to my pc. Played fine for hours today before it happened.

@ Evenbalance:

You know...you get contracted to enhance the gameplay experience for the user, not render them incapable of enjoying the product. Every game that you guys touch is plagued with issues related to your program...one headache after another. Some are a quick fix but others, like this particular one, are not. Couple this with your excessive wait times on responses to help tickets and sometimes a lack of a response period and I would have to say that you are quite lucky there isn't really any other viable company/software out there to compete with your own.

If you are confident that nothing at your end of things is causing this restriction kick.

I would suggest raising your concerns with Even Balance (the creators of PunkBuster™ software) via troubleticket as opposed to posting on a third party anti cheat site that is not affiliated to Even Balance in any way.

click me to raise a troubleticket

There's a lot of cheaters complaining about this particular kick as well in their private forum sections, so maybe EB have been a bit "enthusiastic" with whatever they are using to detect certain cheats .... only by informing EB via troubleticket will you get this issue sorted.

Same problem. No changes to my pc. Played fine for hours today before it happened.

@ Evenbalance:

You know...you get contracted to enhance the gameplay experience for the user, not render them incapable of enjoying the product. Every game that you guys touch is plagued with issues related to your program...one headache after another. Some are a quick fix but others, like this particular one, are not. Couple this with your excessive wait times on responses to help tickets and sometimes a lack of a response period and I would have to say that you are quite lucky there isn't really any other viable company/software out there to compete with your own.

**update**

Before you go off on a rant, the very least you should do is make sure your pbguid does not appear on a ban list.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-e2aac553-vb238251.html

Can someone help with this? I just sign on BF3 and try to join my friend game then got boot. I cant join any games unless it is not pb enable.

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'JungleG1337' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Disallowed Program/Driver [120181]

**update**

I just ran a check on the e-mail address you used to register with PBBans and find that your a member of a known cheat site :shock:

A VIP member no less with access to their private forum sections.

Is it just me or is a pattern emerging here :scratchchin:

**update**

I just ran a check on the e-mail address you used to register with PBBans and find that your a member of a known cheat site :shock:

A VIP member no less with access to their private forum sections.

Is it just me or is a pattern emerging here :scratchchin:

pwnd! Now please don't infer i am any of these guys just because i am experiencing the same issues. I have sent a ticket as suggested and appreciate the feedback and direction.

Your professionalism is overwhelming.

I am a father of two sons, one in college the other in highschool both at home and the three of us play together frequently. That email address is a generic one used by our entire family. What my sons choose to do is their own business but I personally do not have time for the nonsense. They have their own computers as I have mine. So I can assure you that I am a legitimate player with none of this "cheating" software on my gaming laptop. This issue still persists and it is affecting many legitimate players.

Edited by angryPCgamer3

Your professionalism is overwhelming.

I am a father of two sons, one in college the other in highschool both at home and the three of us play together frequently. That email address is a generic one used by our entire family. What my sons choose to do is their own business but I personally do not have time for the nonsense. They have their own computers as I have mine. So I can assure you that I am a legitimate player with none of this "cheating" software on my gaming laptop. This issue still persists and it is affecting many legitimate players.

Your inability to distinguish what was posted to another guy in this thread and what was posted in direct response to you is equally overwhelming, and just like you, I personally do not have time for nonsense.

This duplicate forum account is now flagged as spam, as will any other duplicate forum account you care to create.

If you have anything to add or say to us you can do so in the restricted users forum section that your original forum account has access to.

No one mentioned anything to do with your e-mail address, generic or otherwise.

Someone who plays BF3 from your home address, raised this ban;

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-e2aac553-vb238251.html

Which puts your original comments about PB software and its related admin tools in a rather different light as to what you would like us to perceive.

• Upvote 1

Hehe, good work guys. :rolleyes: Maybe EA is on to something that may put a stop to alot of the bs. We have caught alot of cheats through the screenshots and as of late not near as many. So maybe they can't get in anymore with what they are using.... :D

Hey,

I am having this same problem. Started yesterday after several weeks of no issues. I have a ticket into EB, they asked me to produce a list of running processes which i did but have not got a response yet (been waiting 5 hours). Did they get you to change something ? or did they change something on their end ? i am just seeing if there is any other trouble shooting i can do while i wait for them to respond.

Thanks in advance.

What the heck...

"Public access can not view clean players."

So I'm band but I'm clean?

Well i have a ticket in with EB and i KNOW i haven't used any cheats so hopefully they will get this resolved soon.

Thank you for finding that for me SuperTaz

~Edit~ out of interest how do you locate your GUID ? i looked for it earlier and couldn't find it.

Edited by Movian

Again i appreciate the info.

That its definitely my account, however it still doesn't provide any reason for the global ban. It's interesting that it shows the same server for the first AND last time it saw me.

I updated my Even balance ticket with the new info... haven't heard back from them since 10AM this morning (CST) and its now 7:54 CST so I'm guessing they wont get around to it till tomorrow.

If you could remove the image now though that would be great. Although one octect is removed that still only leaves 255 possible ip's and as mine is semi static i don't like the idea of it being available online...

Edited by Movian

there are many games that use PB, so, yes they do get inundated.

after launch of a new game, they probably get tens of thousands wondering why they can't join a PB enabled server, after declining to install PunkBuster...

Same problem started since last night (GMT +02)

Not let any one server, I tried to go to another computer.

Rearranged game completely updated and added by hand in PB BF3 ...

"Game got disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'creonic_net' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Disallowed Program / Driver [120 181]"

"Game got disconnected: you were kicked from the game."

Re install game , update, check PB

Still gives an error when trying to connect

Tried to run on another PC, same problem

pc1: hp dv7-6053er /Core i7 2000 МГц 2630QM, 8192 Mb DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 6770М 1024Mb GDDR5/

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) legal all updates on, installed 3 days earlier. wi-fi connection.

pc2: intel i5 2300, asus p8h67-m lx/si (rev3.0), 8192 Mb DDR3, ATI 6870 1024Mb GDDR5

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) legal all updates on. wi-fi connection.

http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket - silent

EA - silent

Edited by creonic_net