PB coming to CoD2 in 2006

MaydaX

Santa Monica, CA – Dec. 21, 2005 – Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and Infinity Ward today announced plans to release new multiplayer maps as part of a Call of Duty® 2 Windows® PC update that will also include PunkBuster™ anti-cheat software and additional support enhancements. The download is currently scheduled for release in early 2006 and will be available at www.callofduty.com.

“Our team at Infinity Ward is committed to supporting Call of Duty fans,” said Grant Collier, president, Infinity Ward. “We’ve worked hard to deliver the most epic and immersive experience ever with Call of Duty 2 and look forward to delivering new content such as multiplayer maps, tools and anti-cheat software that will further enhance the gameplay experience.”

• 3 weeks later...

While its nice to see eb/av finally taking some responsability with cod2,

we can only hope this game hasnt died before it actually started.

We (TBC) stopped playing sof2 and opted for cod2,running a small server

where player traffic is picking up at a good pace.

We`re looking forward to being able to stream as soon as we`re able

and hopefully we,along with our guests,can frag without too much concern

for cheaters,been missing pbbans,ill be back more often,,ty guys! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Come on, get on the ball. Hackers running the show.

its sad that IW learned absolutely nothing from cod1 which was released without pb included .. cod1 was nice eye candy but imo is the only game that got progressivly worse with each patch :) and without mods would have died out completely

now we see the exact same scenario for cod2

pb will be included in the next released patch so any beef is with whoever is making the patch not evenbalance :D

• 1 month later...

Found this today

For those that dont know me, I also work at Infinity Ward Nation, as a staff member. I have spoken to some of the Developers at IW (makers of COD2), and have even spoken to Grant Collier, CEO for IW. So, as such, I am pretty close to whats going on.

As both Activision and IW have a HDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) with MS, they cannot divulge too much about the causes of the hold up. This explains why IW remains tight-liped about the whole deal. But, with a little detective work, I have pieced things together, and this is my estimate of the situation:

Activison and IW have an agreement with MS to roll out any patches for COD2 together - for both the 360 and the PC. As the 360 was shipped without an adequate update system in place, this has held things up - until an adequate update system for the 360 was implimented.

As most 360 users will tell you, as of this week, there is finally an Update patch available to all 360 users with a Live account. This is mandatory, so every 360 user has to download it. It will fit on either a mem card or a hd.

As the 360 has now been readied for any updates, rumor has it that the COD2 patch will be released this week. Im not totally confident that this rumor is accurate, but I do know that the patch is now very close. the PC patch has been ready for some time now, and now that the 360 is ready for updates, I think it safe to say it will probable be sometime this month.

i frikkin hope so.

Same here bud :P My game is screaming out at me to get a server up and running but like I stated in the past "why give the cheaters a free playground to torment" .....I'll waite for the patch THEN the cheaters are mine :D :D

While its nice to see eb/av finally taking some responsability with cod2,

we can only hope this game hasnt died before it actually started.

Yes, I started playing CoD2 and gave up after playing for a week... Now I'm back in it since we got our own server, playing against people we know. The Killcam is especially frustrating.. people following you around when you are behind walls.... :blink:

Now that we have our own server, running the eXtreme mod, I see how good this game really is..

yup i bought it ages ago what a waste of money,i can't believe they would release a game with no anticheat sortware it suks and i won't be buying anymore from these muppets....

• 2 weeks later...

It's not here yet...

But how does this work? Cause servers have been around for months with no anti-cheat? You have to auto download on almost every server.. What is the best thing to do? Just re-install the game?

Guest IcheBAN

It's not here yet...

But how does this work? Cause servers have been around for months with no anti-cheat? You have to auto download on almost every server.. What is the best thing to do? Just re-install the game?

There will be a patch released that you just install.