Best method on reporting hackers?

falconsfury99

Check if the server that the guy was playing on was streaming @ the time. Contact their admins and have them check screenshots. If the server is yours why not apply to stream?

We only accept evidence from streamed servers, so that the information can be verified.

http://www.pbbans.com/information-center.html

But usually, al cheaters have black screenshots :/

Yep, thats what ive found. Thats how i spot a cheater on my server now, black screenshots. All the legite players work ok, just the cheaters that dont show up.

Edited by LtMatt

Yep, thats what ive found. Thats how i spot a cheater on my server now, black screenshots. All the legite players work ok, just the cheaters that dont show up.

Not entirely true. As far as I am aware, black screenshots can still be caused by a multitude of non-cheating reasons. I wouldn't ban for a blank screenshot, much less accuse someone of cheating because of it.

Not entirely true. As far as I am aware, black screenshots can still be caused by a multitude of non-cheating reasons. I wouldn't ban for a blank screenshot, much less accuse someone of cheating because of it.

I only check screenshots if i see a dodgy score or see signs of someone aimbotting etc.

I check their stats on bf3stats.com then check several screenshots. I then make my decision based on those things. If all their screenshots come back black though then i normally ban.

99.9% of screenshots always come through since i started using pbbans reccomended screenshot settings.

I'm sure my method is not perfect, but it seems to go down well with my regulars and i never have many complaints about hackers on the server.

Edited by LtMatt

If I am looking to submit evidence (ex being 100+ kills and 10 deaths) whats the best method?

http://i.imgur.com/WLDqg.png

In-game KDR is not absolute proof. I've gone 106-10 myself. Unless you were there present in-game witnessing this guy getting kill after kill.

No, read upon PBSS and how they work. There is a guide around somewhere here in the forums. PBSS can be affected by a lot of stuff. Black/blank PBSS != hacker remember that before you ban innocent players.

In-game KDR is not absolute proof. I've gone 106-10 myself. Unless you were there present in-game witnessing this guy getting kill after kill.

No, read upon PBSS and how they work. There is a guide around somewhere here in the forums. PBSS can be affected by a lot of stuff. Black/blank PBSS != hacker remember that before you ban innocent players.

Its funny how the only black ones are the guys with 100kill for 0 deaths though. :P

Its funny how the only black ones are the guys with 100kill for 0 deaths though :P
Agreed, but I won't take action on a blank PBSS alone. It's a slippery slope once you start doing that.
  • Upvote 1

Well for one look at his ping of 260, the fact that somebody can even kill that many with that sorta ping is suspicious in my books

Well for one look at his ping of 260, the fact that somebody can even kill that many with that sorta ping is suspicious in my books.
Agreed. Very suspicious given the high ping and he is only level 7.
I didn't say he wasn't hacking. Only that you shouldn't ban on the basis of a high in-game KDR or blank PBSS.

He might be hacking, but the onus is on us to prove that, not for him to prove his innocence.

And after a little investigation (because the screenshot doesn't tell much of a story). This was done a 1,000 ticket server and the round lasted 62 minutes. Which with some rough maths is around 2.x kills per minute. Which is very do-able.

Battlelog Report here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/22244679/1/362964636/

Me? I'm leaning towards not a hacker, and perhaps a pro-player "smurfin".