PBBans Lite Streaming now available

MaydaX

pbbans.png

When PBBans started in 2003 we allowed anyone to stream with the exception of players who had a ban on the Master Ban Index (MBi). In 2008 we had to revise that policy with additional requirements which included some suggestions from outside sources such as Even Balance. This was due to the mass fake ban attacks and since then we have denied streaming to many teams mainly for not meeting our revised requirements. Those include a website, active forums and a roster. While it doesn’t make streaming totally secure it does greatly reduce the risk of fake bans.

Today we are launching PBBans Lite Streaming which will allow those server admins who do not meet the website, forums or roster requirements a way to use PBBans while keeping our streaming security intact. It offers the same streaming benefits that our current admins have but with the following limitations:

- Player data from servers is not entered into the Master Player Index (MPi).
- New bans are entered into the Unofficial MBi. There are also no ban announcements for any ban added to the Unofficial MBi.
- No
Demo submissions.
- Streaming Lite Admins have limited access to the Master Player Index (MPi).
- Streaming Lite Admins do not have access to the same forum areas as Streaming Admins.

Some may ask why even offer lite streaming if the above limitations are in place. The goal of the lite streaming option is to give server admins who do not meet all our requirements the ability to use the PBBans Hub so they can have the protection that other admins have.

The lite streaming option is a good way for previously skeptical/reluctant server admins to get an idea of how effective PBBans Hub streaming can be in keeping cheaters out of their servers. Lite streaming admins also have the option to upgrade to full streaming at any time by meeting all the streaming requirements and submitting a ticket.

Lite streaming admins can enforce bans from the MBi and they can also enforce bans from the unofficial MBi as well. Our PBBans Full Streaming members now have the option to enforce unofficial bans for all games.

Cheating is not going away and in the end we are here to fight cheating in games. We feel the lite streaming option will help do that while keeping our streaming security the same as it has been since 2008.

• Upvote 17

Is this where the 'View My Unofficial Bans' option comes into play on the Acc CP? If so, can you give us a practical example of how this all works? I'm having trouble getting my head around.

Edit* I see a new flag has been added as well - 'Enforce UMBi Bans'.

Edited by Singh400

So, am I correct in thinking. A blatant cheater joins my server. I manually ban him. That ban then gets added to the UMBi?

No.

Unofficial MBi is for bans from Lite streaming servers. To seperate the potentially uncertain from the certain.

No serveradmin-issued bans will ever be shared through our systems.

• Upvote 1

The Unofficial MBi (UMBi) is used for Enemy Territory and lite streaming servers only. If a lite streaming account is active and has a number of UMBi bans but then the account holder decides to apply for full streaming they will have bans on both lists.

The UMBi is more of an internal banlist for grey area bans. That is why it's not available to the public the same way the original MBi is.

We don't see the need to add any personal admin banlists to the Hub as others do that already (and get more ddos heat because of it ie Metabans)

• Upvote 1

I see the group is already created for Streaming Lite Admins. Maybe you can enable the group search on the main page.

Meaning this one:

Streaming Lite Admin

In this list:

Site Staff | Operations Staff | Staff | Even Balance | League Admin | Game Service Provider | Streaming Admin | VIP | Members | Restricted | Deactivated | Validating

Hi,

I signed up to the lite and got approved and trying to setup the CVAR and MD5 checker, but it says I don't have permission to it, when I click oveview?

Edited by TSA_Clan

I think it's Cool

So cheater Also removed shelters, and more servers protecion Have Against the Same

today I played a while at (Play4Free) I come across a snoob with Aimbot

spinning fast, firing a pistol, grabbing Spreen 6 and 7 kill, without aim and with very Many speed, killing all of a shot in the head no matter how far tubiera, and only dying while reloading

public, Aimbot off, and one of the managers tell me, do not use traps is a member of the Clan,

Lol, Obviously I Went

Time to find a cheater not so blatant,

Then I Remembered the

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/quote-of-the-day-t37459.html/page__st__1260,

very brave on servers,Then laugh at all,

They mourn for to remove the ban ... ..

them to leave the park or playing with bot

Question, so how do we view 'Unofficial MBi Entries' then? There's around 7,000+ uMBi entries now.

List Example

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-overview-et-ov2.html

Latest Ban

And

Latest Unofficial Ban

2 List

regards

Edited by david2003

I think it a wast of pbbans time.. the streaming requirements for the full steaming admins are not that hard to do,,

Does this mean those streaming who no longer meet the requirements (ie: Website, public forums, public admin lists) will be downgraded to a

Streaming Lite Admin until they meet the requirements again? As I'm always coming across clans/communities who meet the requirements for approval, then lock their site down afterwards

• Upvote 1

Does this mean those streaming who no longer meet the requirements (ie: Website, public forums, public admin lists) will be downgraded to a

Streaming Lite Admin until they meet the requirements again? As I'm always coming across clans/communities who meet the requirements for approval, then lock their site down afterwards

The requirements will always apply to any group that wishes to use the full range of what PBBans has to offer.

With over 12,000 team accounts it's impractical for us to register on each and every website that applies for full streaming.

Some groups have had their sites etc attacked and prefer to keep things locked down.

They have created a username and password for PBBans accounts staff use and we have no problem with any group that prefers to go down that route.

The username and password is added to the team account notes of groups that prefer to keep things locked down tight, so it is a one off deal.

The lite streaming option has been introduced primarily because, for every group that applies successfully for a team account, on average we have to turn away 6 other groups because they fail to meet the requirements.

At least with the lite streaming option, a server admin can protect his servers with the PBBans Hub while he works on whats needed for full PBBans streaming.

• Upvote 6

This looks to be a great addition, and with 7000+ unofficial bans already, seems a great success. Hopes this brings even more teams to PBBans!

Do you guys have a breakdown of how many teams make up lite streaming vs full?

This looks to be a great addition, and with 7000+ unofficial bans already, seems a great success. Hopes this brings even more teams to PBBans!

Technically, over 7000 of those are ET bans. :P

ET has had an unofficial banlist for over a year now, I think.

Do you guys have a breakdown of how many teams make up lite streaming vs full?

Teams, no.

Servers:

total (full | lite)

Streaming Servers 3,240 (3,227 | 13)

• Upvote 1