Video evidence of a damage modifier

bonsai.jem

Hello there, In a TWL match against*snip* I caught one of their players, *poof*, making some pretty impossible kills. I recorded this, as I record every official match, and have it ready for review.

This first video at, *zip* , shows *zing* doing damages of 33% in 1 shot then 77% in the next with a M16A3 for a 2 shot kill. The M16A3 can, under no circumstances, do more than 50% damage. This is obvious to myself and my team to be a damage modifier.

This is the second video, *whiff*

From a distance of about 60-75 meters, *oops* does 33% damage, the second bullet does 66% damage (more than the 50% damage MAXIMUM of the M16A3), and the final bullet does 11% damage for the kill.

Once again, the maximum damage of the M16A3 is 25%, and A headshot doubles that for an Absolute max of 50% damage (some people think the M16A3 can do 55% absolute headshot max, but I have not found evidence of that and it still would not explain *zang*). This is an obvious damage modifier.

*Whew*did this type of stuff to my entire team, unfortunately I am the only one who record because my computer is, by far, the fastest.

In this match no player had a ping higher than 65 and there was no real server lag. *splurge* was the only player on the *zip*team who pulled off shots like these.

How do I go about submitting this for PBBANS review? In IRC, a PBBANS admin pointed me to post in the forums.

Hmmm, as far as I'm aware PBBans does not accept video evidence for BF3. TWL requires match servers to stream to PBBans though right? Not sure what the dispute process would be over there, but this may belong on the TWL forums, not here.

Though if a PBBans admin really did point you to post it, then this is either changing or they just want it for discussion. Eitherway, you'll find out soon enough.

I didn't know what else to do. Damage Modifiers can't be caught very easily without video evidence. And TWL would not listen or care because *snip* They are friends with the admins. I did submit it anyway and they are reviewing it, but many people have submitted extremely clear evidence that PBBANS eventually banned for that TWL said was perfectly normal. I can only hope PBBANS listens. I have more footage of the match if needed. But those were my only 2 encounters with *snip*because I made a point to avoid him at all costs.

Edited by HSMagnet
name and shame

we only accept evidence from servers streaming to us submitted by SGA registered with us, so we can verify everything via streamed logs

BF3 does not have an in game demo recording system, thus, we do not accept any video of BF3

BF3 does not have an in game demo recording system, thus, we do not accept any video of BF3

I apologize if I didn't make it sound clear in IRC. To me it sounded like you just wanted a clarification if the gameplay was suspicious, since I do not own BF3.

Well, If that's the best we can do I would GREATLY appreciate the unofficial opinions of the PBBANS admins.

There is no "unofficial response" sorry.

The only video evidence we will comment on is recorded evidence of games that have an ingame demo facility.

This is because we are able to run various checks via streamed logs to guarantee authenticity of the recorded evidence.

From what you have posted thus far there seems to be some friction between you and TWL admins .... that is something that PBBans is not going to get drawn into in any shape or form.

my friction is with anti-cheat companies that do not accept valid forms evidence in any way shape or form. You could simply say that it's lag, or you could agree with it and put the player on a "watch" list of some sort. There are many ways to handle it, but when community members post videos of nuke hacks, aimbots, etc. etc. and the anti-cheat authorities say "not valid evidence" without even looking, then yes, people get frustrated. My frustration with TWL is not about this and it is not the business of anyone other than myself and the admins involved.

The community needs a way to report hackers. BF3's battlelog fails to report 9 times out of 10, so it is useless. The community is who deals with the hackers first hand. The AC admins simply ban them, hidden behind the admin name. This is not a lack of respect for AC admins, just a cry for help.

What shows on video or screenshot can be indicating use of some cheat, but it is truly void as evidence against a specific account since every ban need to be based on the most certain and verified data possible (streaming with multiple data sources). Videos and screenshots likes this can be manipulated to present falsified evidence to frame a innocent player or to harm the trust in anti cheat operations and tools.

• Upvote 3

My frustration with TWL is not about this and it is not the business of anyone other than myself and the admins involved.

You made it everyones business by posting this in our forums;

And TWL would not listen or care because *snip* They are friends with the admins

What GOS_LEgiONary has posted is absolutely correct (I could not have said it better myself)

Without being able to run checks via streamed log data to guarantee the authenticity of submitted demo evidence, it is all too easy to manipulate/edit video evidence to frame innocent players.

That statement is based on past experience and not just invented to fob you off.

Placing a ban on a pbguid is a big deal for everyone involved.

The evidence supporting the ban must be irrefutable.

Unless EA/DICE provide an ingame demo recording facility incorporated within their games, all videos posted on our forums will be removed from view due to what is stated above.

I've heard about these damage modifier cheats and i have a list of a few people who i suspect use them. Proving it on the other hand is a different matter altogether.

Does anyone know if punkbuster actually detects such cheats?

I feel your pain op but video evidence is not accepted here so there's no point getting raw with the staff members.

Avoid playing against them or clan matches full stop. I do, not worth the effort as i found out myself.

I've heard about these damage modifier cheats and i have a list of a few people who i suspect use them. Proving it on the other hand is a different matter altogether.
Actually proving it is quite easy once you know what to look for.

Does anyone know if punkbuster actually detects such cheats?

A recent appeal;

I was not intending to use the hack (it supposedly made every hit a kill), i only installed it to confirm that it was actually a working hack because it didn't seem likely that anything could alter damage in a multiplayer game. I didn't want to waste Even Balance's time with a hack I was sure wasn't legit so I thought I made sure I joined my friends non punkbuster server but I must have accidently joined one that had it enabled. I know it was irresponsible for me to use a hack instead of reporting it but I was never going to take advantage of it.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-b69f10f7-vb271823.html

• Upvote 2