demo analyzer

ExeTick

hello.

Im wondering if I run any risk to get banned by punkbuster because I have demo analyzer on my computer.

I want to use it to analyze battlerecorder on BF2.

what Ive seen is that its like a hack but only works offline and on demo files. it gives you wallhack so you can see what the possible hacker see.

I found one video on a guy that use it exactly like I want to use it.

that is a demo file from battlerecorder

Just be careful when using the demo analyzer tool to view battlerecorder files and make sure you restart your PC after using it.

Why?

Because its a type of cheat in itself and you dont want any traces of it left in the memory.

I think I wont bother using that program if I run the risk of getting banned by punkbuster :P

I think I wont bother using that program if I run the risk of getting banned by punkbuster :P

If I were going to use it, I'd load it on a secondary PC or laptop - and review demos from there.

Be it age or other causes, the short term memory can be a bit choppy at times. I wouldnt want to forget to restart a gaming PC and get popped, in an anti-cheat effort.

though this is going off topic abit: pb scans the clients' memory for certain cheat related patterns, thus pb can find said patterns as well if the hack is not currently used ingame. We have seen bans for submitting cheats even, what goes like this: Honest player/admin sends an email attachment to EvenBalance, his email-antivirus scans (i.e. unpacks the zip/rar and loads it into memory) the attachment. Honest player/admin joins a pb enabled server and receives a violation triggered by the hack he just submitted. He was able to prove the time sequence plus EB confirmed the case, so his ban was lifted.

Countermeasure: Reboot