I have some pb screenshots of 2 hackers!

Agent.Orange

Hello I'm very new here, and I have setup my server to stream with PBban, but before that I caught 2 hackers using a wallhack and I still know that there playing on different servers. Who would I send these ss to get them banned for good! Also does anyone know what program is used to verify that the pbss is of a hacker??

Thanks

Agent.Orange B)

P.S Here's the two screen shots I took in jpg format

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Agent.Orange

Guest IcheBAN

If these screen shots are before you where streaming then there is not much they can do as that cant verify they actually took place.

If these screen shots are before you where streaming then there is not much they can do as that cant verify they actually took place.

how's that, if I have the orginals from the pb folder/svss couldn't I just send them over via e-mail?? Also isn't there a program that verifies that they are real??

Edited by Agent.Orange

Pbss a validated via streamed server logs if your server wasn't streaming at the time then the pbss cant be validated. And please in future post the original .png files posting jpg's will cause your post to be ignored.

Whatt my fellow streamers are trying to say is if you stream all of the work will be easier to validate.... Your SS's do infact look like a hack in progress but at PBBans they cannot add to the Master Ban Index (MBI) w\out actual streaming proof ;)

Hello I'm very new here, and I have setup my server to stream with PBban, but before that I caught 2 hackers using a wallhack and I still know that there playing on different servers. Who would I send these ss to get them banned for good! Also does anyone know what program is used to verify that the pbss is of a hacker??

first of all let me say welcome aboard :)

i'll try to explain the screenshot situation ... every ban we add to the Master Ban Index (MBI) is backed up by proof from streamed logs, this is not PBBans saying "fook you because you dont stream" :)

its to protect the submitting server admin from being accused of framing someone with a faked screenshot .. this has happened in the past by less reputable admins and some of the fakes even made it past the screening process we run to see if the screenshot has been altered in any way .. so, to completely remove any element of doubt the server must be streaming when the screenshot was taken ... part of the submission process is to attach the log that contains the relevant information from your server and this is cross checked with the streamed log to give the ban 100% integrity.

I hope i have explained it well enough for you to understand :) its a steep learning curve keeping a server as hack free as possible and we will assist you in any way we can to make it so, but we insist that every ban that makes it to the MBI has that 100% stamp of approval and i think all of our streaming admins would agree with that stance.

if those 2 players you caught are still playing and using their hacks then its only a matter of time before they end up on our MBI or better still hardware banned :D

give the admins of the servers they play on now, our web address and maybe they can join the party too :P

Pbss a validated via streamed server logs if your server wasn't streaming at the time then the pbss cant be validated. And please in future post the original .png files posting jpg's will cause your post to be ignored.

Sorry about the jpg's I didn't know and thank you all for the info. I am streaming now, so if I catch another hacker what do i do or is it all taken care of, just a question not really sure how this all works

Thanks again :unsure:

Sorry about the jpg's I didn't know and thank you all for the info. I am streaming now, so if I catch another hacker what do i do or is it all taken care of, just a question not really sure how this all works

If your streaming and you get an SS that looks questionable post in the streaming admins sections w\ the png...from there most will be happy to tell you if its a hack or just something else...if it is infact a hack use this :

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7782

We're always here to help ,,,,PM anyone here {Fozz,Fox or mRX ..ect } These people will guid you with all the best training anyone can offer :D

once streaming kicks in everything runs pretty much in auto mode :) as new hacks are made public we collect/dissect and add the relevant cvars/md5's to our bannable list .. anyone who picks up a hack related violation will be added to the MBI .. if your using JPAT or PAT the process of keeping your cvar/md5 info on your server up to date is done auto .. if your like me and prefer the hands on approach :) (some of us are old and set in our ways) you will need to keep an eye on our Master Config Index for your particular game and update accordingly .. the one thing that you need to check manually on a daily basis is your pbss ... if you run a fairly busy server,daily is the best option,if you find something anything like the 2 pbss you posted just use the link Tim posted to submit them and we will review them and add to the MBI, anything your unsure of just post it on the forum and we will do our best to answer :smooth:

once streaming kicks in everything runs pretty much in auto mode :) as new hacks are made public we collect/dissect and add the relevant cvars/md5's to our bannable list .. anyone who picks up a hack related violation will be added to the Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)) .. if your using JPAT or PBBans Admin Tool (PBBans Admin Tool (PAT)) the process of keeping your cvar/md5 info on your server up to date is done auto .. if your like me and prefer the hands on approach :) (some of us are old and set in our ways) you will need to keep an eye on our Master Config Index for your particular game and update accordingly .. the one thing that you need to check manually on a daily basis is your pbss ... if you run a fairly busy server,daily is the best option,if you find something anything like the 2 pbss you posted just use the link Tim posted to submit them and we will review them and add to the Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)), anything your unsure of just post it on the forum and we will do our best to answer :smooth:

Hey Thank you for all the help, my server is very busy, full most of the time at night. I'll check the pbss as offten as I can, oh by the way where is the pbss folder, I don't seem to have one in my PB or Uo folder on the server;)

Thanks again

Edited by Agent.Orange

Hey Thank you for all the help, my server is very busy, full most of the time at night. I'll check the pbss as offten as I can, oh by the way where is the pbss folder, I don't seem to have one in my PB or Uo folder on the server;)

Thanks again

Do you use FTP? The PB section when you right click on it will show an SS folder,,,click on that again, SS's wil be there for uploading :]

the pb folder you need to access is probably hidden .. this is sof2 specific but applies to most Q3 engine games;

http://www.sof2.jolt.co.uk/index.php?page=ftp.php

and just coz i'm curious .. how did you access the pbss of the 2 hackers on your server ?

I snapped the pbss myself in rcon pb_sv_getss it puts them in pb folder svss folder.

Hey one more question someone just told my about a script that hides your hack by showing a screen shot of example score board, is this true??

Just wondering because I do have some pbss like that!

Thanks Again

I snapped the pbss myself in rcon pb_sv_getss it puts them in pb folder svss folder.

Hey one more question someone just told my about a script that hides your hack by showing a screen shot of example score board, is this true??

Just wondering because I do have some pbss like that!

Thanks Again

theres a lot of pbss blockers about and give various results from all black to shots of the sky etc etc .. most are detected and those that are caught will invariably end up with a hardware ban .. its very hard to prove a blocker is in use thats why its important to keep up to speed with the cvars/md5's that are added to your game MCI as we get them :)

the svss folder in the pb directory is were your pbss are stored .. have you got PB_SV_AutoSs 1 in your pbsv.cfg ?

theres a lot of pbss blockers about and give various results from all black to shots of the sky etc etc .. most are detected and those that are caught will invariably end up with a hardware ban .. its very hard to prove a blocker is in use thats why its important to keep up to speed with the cvars/md5's that are added to your game MCI as we get them :)

the svss folder in the pb directory is were your pbss are stored .. have you got PB_SV_AutoSs 1 in your pbsv.cfg ?

I do now thanks, so does that take random ss? Keeping up to speed with cvar/md5?? Where and how do I get this info

Thanks one day soon I'll be up to speed!!

Agent.Orange

Where and how do I get this info

right here click me

these settings work well for my servers re pbss:

pb_sv_SsFloor 1 //[Low screenshot filename serial #]

pb_sv_SsCeiling 1000 //[High screenshot filename serial #]

pb_sv_SsCmd "" //[Filename of system command to run after screenshots]

pb_sv_SsWidth 1280 //[Requested pixel width of remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsHeight 1024//[Requested pixel height of remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsXpct 50 //[Percentage across screen for remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsYpct 50 //[Percentage down screen for remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsSrate 2//[sample Rate for remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsDelay 0 //[Maximum delay client waits before capturing screenshot]

pb_sv_SsPath "" //[Path where remote screenshots are saved]

pb_sv_AutoSsFrom 120 //[Minimum # of seconds to wait before requesting next ss]

pb_sv_AutoSsTo 600 //[Maximum # of seconds to wait before requesting next ss]

pb_sv_AutoSs 1 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

right here click me

these settings work well for my servers re pbss:

pb_sv_SsFloor 1 //[Low screenshot filename serial #]

pb_sv_SsCeiling 1000 //[High screenshot filename serial #]

pb_sv_SsCmd "" //[Filename of system command to run after screenshots]

pb_sv_SsWidth 1280 //[Requested pixel width of remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsHeight 1024//[Requested pixel height of remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsXpct 50 //[Percentage across screen for remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsYpct 50 //[Percentage down screen for remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsSrate 2//[sample Rate for remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsDelay 0 //[Maximum delay client waits before capturing screenshot]

pb_sv_SsPath "" //[Path where remote screenshots are saved]

pb_sv_AutoSsFrom 120 //[Minimum # of seconds to wait before requesting next ss]

pb_sv_AutoSsTo 600 //[Maximum # of seconds to wait before requesting next ss]

pb_sv_AutoSs 1 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

Great thank you for your help, so i add the cvar/md5 to my pbsv.cfg? Now one more question : ) I have a linux server running codUo, I have notice only one issue since i started streaming, the server seems to lag out then crash everynight. I've talked to my server people and they asked if anything has changed. i told them that i stream with pbban. Is there any issue's I should know about that maybe someone else has had with running a Linux server?? Just wondering

Thanks again

Edited by Agent.Orange

Great thank you for your help, so i add the cvar/md5 to my pbsv.cfg? Now one more question : ) I have a linux server running codUo, I have notice only one issue since i started streaming, the server seems to lag out then crash everynight. I've talked to my server people and they asked if anything has changed. i told them that i stream with pbban. Is there any issue's I should know about that maybe someone else has had with running a Linux server?? Just wondering

Thanks again

every Jolt server i have access to is linux and the rtcw ones i stream have no issues what so ever .. when you say the server lags out and crashes .. does this happen at the same time every night .. a lot of GSP's run a crontab script that shuts the server down and restarts it at selected times (i know mine do) this takes all of 2 mins and ensures a nice smooth game for the other 23hrs 58mins of the day :P

every Jolt server i have access to is linux and the rtcw ones i stream have no issues what so ever .. when you say the server lags out and crashes .. does this happen at the same time every night .. a lot of GSP's run a crontab script that shuts the server down and restarts it at selected times (i know mine do) this takes all of 2 mins and ensures a nice smooth game for the other 23hrs 58mins of the day :P

My server people fixed the issue, they switched me to a new server box. I sent the new info in. Also do I add the cvar/md5 to my pbsv.cfg? If so does it matter where in the cfg??

Thanks

nice to hear m8 :)

re cvars and md5's they are all here for ya and all you have to do is copy/paste into your pbsvuser.cfg :)

lol ok last dumb question I have a pbsv.cfg but not a pbsvuser.cfg is this the same ?? Also just cut and paste anywhere?? lol again sorry for the questions, just a newbie at this streaming ;)