Battlefield Hardline

SuperTaz

Hardline it is. EA has set up a page on the Battlefield website confirming that Battlefield Hardline will be revealed on June 9 at 12:00 Pacific. The webpage confirms a rumor from earlier today that Hardline is a cops-and-robbers take on Battlefield, trading military warfare for vault-bustin' and Heat-style shootouts. And that rumor wasn't the first Hardline leak—an earlier rumor from back in February claimed the game was being developed by Dead Space developers Visceral Games.

EA's image above depicts a SWAT truck and robbers fleeing a vault. The unofficial Battlefield Daily twitter account has also dug up some strong evidence confirming Hardline's heist theme: weapons like grappling hooks, a Hardline logo, and vehicles such as a police cruiser and SWAT truck.
The full reveal of Hardline will, of course, take place during EA's press conference at E3 2014.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/28/ea-confirms-battlefield-hardline-with-teaser-site-for-e3-reveal/

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline

Battlefield™ Hardline Deluxe Edition includes the Versatility Battlepack, Precision Battlepack and Suppression Battlepack - all featuring unique assault rifles, weapon camos and XP boosts.

http://bravointel.com/2014/06/05/battlefield-hardline-deluxe-edition-comes-with-new-battlepacks-that-include-weapons-camos-and-xp-boosts/

Think I will pass on that. I disliked suppression in BF3 / BF4. Plus Origin lists the standard edition for $69 in Canada. $79 for deluxe.

Starting to sound like a game of even more unlocks compared to BF3 / BF4.

i was unimpressed when bf4 came out with navel strike, before that it wasn't too bad, havent played it since.

not sure i will buy another BF series game

• Upvote 1

i played it, its not bad, after not playing bf series in a while it took me a minute to get use to the controls again but its not a bad game. price is too much but will wait and see

This game is awful.  I was excited about the cops v. robbers theme, but they're trying too hard to grasp the popularity of PayDay while not doing much different from BF4.  The graphics are a step down at times, the weapons need work to even get to the BF4 level of "ok", and the mechanics are gimmicky.  Why can't we use the zip-line as a gun when needed?

Overall, immensely disappointed.  However, Destiny is out and is leaps and bounds better than either BF3 or BF4.  I'll probably stick with that :)

Remember, this is ONLY a beta and not the full game. The full release might be a lot better than the beta.

However, I will wait until it hits the bargain bin at walmart. :)

• Upvote 1

Sadly the beta has been the retail game pretty much since BF3, hell I still think the BF3 Alpha trial was the best version of BF3 and just needed some work for bugs.

• Upvote 1

Remember, this is ONLY a beta and not the full game. The full release might be a lot better than the beta.

Normally I would agree with this, as it is an accurate statement. However, DICE doesn't have a good track record with their releases :P

However, DICE doesn't have a good track record with their releases :P

But DICE isn't the developer of Hardline ;)

Played the beta for a bit and the netcode felt a bit snappier than BF4. The game can be fun, but the price is pretty steep for a BF4 mod. :)

I'm more looking forward to the new Rainbow Six game than this new Battlefield instalment.

• Upvote 2