PBSS Scanner

Singh400

Yes it was some sort of problem where some of the servers were not showing in battlelog or gametracker so when I started the program from scratch it only found the ones there at the time.

They are all back in it now and scanning away.

Do you have a better or more detailed colours we can use to test with? will the colours be hard coded into future releases of the program?

Do you have a better or more detailed colours we can use to test with? will the colours be hard coded into future releases of the program?

I will not be hard coding colours. I do have a colour list that I complied for my personal use I may release it with the next version.

Hi Singh

I have a question. Have you thought about implementing an option/functionality that will do the following:

-search a specific(new) directory for pbss; can be named "external downloads" or whatever; user could be copy/pasting pngs into this directory

-perform a multihtreaded scan for color codes on these that you have implemented for standard DL and scan process

-copy the flagged images to standard "flagged" folder

Pbssc tool can do this but the scanning is pretty slow process and can take a long time even on 40K images (which is not that much).

Regards
hammer

Hi Singh

I have a question. Have you thought about implementing an option/functionality that will do the following:

-search a specific(new) directory for pbss; can be named "external downloads" or whatever; user could be copy/pasting pngs into this directory

-perform a multihtreaded scan for color codes on these that you have implemented for standard DL and scan process

-copy the flagged images to standard "flagged" folder

Pbssc tool can do this but the scanning is pretty slow process and can take a long time even on 40K images (which is not that much).

Regards

hammer

It's already in the next version mate as well as some other minor changes. I'll post it soon.
  • Upvote 1

It's already in the next version mate as well as some other minor changes. I'll post it soon.

Excellent news, can't wait! :)

I already have 46K pbscreens pngs waiting to test your tool. I timed pbssc tool and it took 49 minutes :S. I know I'm probably limited by my HDD speed(it's regular drive and not ssd), but still I'd like to see how your tool handles this job :).

Edited by H4mm3r

Excellent news, can't wait! :)

I already have 46K pbscreens pngs waiting to test your tool. I timed pbssc tool and it took 49 minutes :S. I know I'm probably limited by my HDD speed(it's regular drive and not ssd), but still I'd like to see how your tool handles this job :).

The current implementation of the Mass Scan feature will delete the original files once they have been scanned - so be warned.

Download: http://ge.tt/73eEVKo1/v/0

v0.5 released:-

• PBSS Scanner now ships with 144 cheat colours by default - these are Battlefield centric cheat colours
  • Manage Cheat Files now shows passive indicators as to whether a server streams. This does NOT query PBBans/GGC. If the text is red, it means it doesn't stream, if it green it means it does. If it is black then you need to perform a query by click on the "Check" button for the AC site in question
  • Implemented a Mass Scan feature, select the path, and the colour list to use and then press Scan. Be warned that the current implementation will delete the original files
  • Fixed a bug in Manage Flagged Files that prevented the file from being to the desktop
  • You can now open the Manage Flagged Files window alongside the main application - suggested usage is to use Refresh and Delete All Flagged periodically. On anage Flagged Filesload it collects PBSSs currently in the directory. Then Delete All Flagged only deletes those files that were in the directory on load. Hitting Refresh will re-load the newer files into the window. This means you can download and scan, and viewing flagged files as it happens
Edited by Singh400
  • Upvote 1

Ok finished testing the mass scan option on 46K png sample :). It took amazingly fast 639s or a bit more than 10 minutes. That is roughly 5x faster than pbssc tool! Good job once more Singh ;)

Also I'm loving the new delete flagged feature since it allows for continuous scan and pbss review on the fly. Pretty neat!

Ok finished testing the mass scan option on 46K png sample :). It took amazingly fast 639s or a bit more than 10 minutes. That is roughly 5x faster than pbssc tool! Good job once more Singh ;)

How many cores do you have on your CPU out of interest?

Also I'm loving the new delete flagged feature since it allows for continuous scan and pbss review on the fly. Pretty neat!

Thanks! Edited by Singh400

Curious if anyone else is having some memory issues after scanning 4-5 servers back to back. I'm up to 700MB after scanning about 10,000 screenshots total. Seems like an awful lot of memory being eaten up.

Curious if anyone else is having some memory issues after scanning 4-5 servers back to back. I'm up to 700MB after scanning about 10,000 screenshots total. Seems like an awful lot of memory being eaten up.

I typically peak at 600MB~ average usage is around 400MB~. A fresh download and scan will always yield higher memory usage because it'll download and scan all the PBSSs. Whereas a day-to-day scan will only download and scan the new PBSSs since last scan. In either case, that's what RAM is for right? ;) Unless the app starts eating RAM while it is sitting idle then it's not problem IMO.

Edit* Forgot to mention that the JVM is a smart cookie, so if it notices something being used a lot, it'll cache it in the memory longer. Otherwise I'm confident that the JVM GC will do a good job.

Edited by Singh400

Ah. I let it sit idle for ~10 minutes and it never dropped below 600MB after those fresh scans.

As expected, if it starts just eating up RAM while sitting idle then we have a problem.

Using Jimbo's tool I have seen ~450MB after 15mins. Using SIngh's tool at the moment I see 170MB but keep in mind I have a lot of pbss downloaded so it fetches only new ones from the GT server list(which is not that much per server).

Singh, I have "quad" core AMD Athlon 750K (dual module Piledriver with no L3 cache) overclocked to ~4.3Ghz at the moment, along with 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz and plain old HDD :). Is my scan speed slow so that's why you asked? How much do you get with your machine ? Given it took 639s for 46000 pbss, I average @ 72pbss/s.

Edited by H4mm3r

Singh, I have "quad" core AMD Athlon 750K (dual module Piledriver with no L3 cache) overclocked to ~4.3Ghz at the moment, along with 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz and plain old HDD :). Is my scan speed slow so that's why you asked? How much do you get with your machine ? Given it took 639s for 46000 pbss, I average @ 72pbss/s.

No, I was just curious. Because the scanning process is entirely CPU bound you actually benefit from your OCed 750K (yours is faster than mine; Q9450 @ 3.6 GHz). And remember the scanning process only uses one less than your number of cores on your CPU. So it's actually only using three out of the possible four.

Anyone got a 8-core CPU? I'm interested to see how quick scanning goes then!

when i try to run your tool singh i get a java error

" A Java Exception has occurred."

and yes yes i have an 8 core

16gb ram and dual gtx770

if i could get it to run i could tell you

Edited by pipes1

when i try to run your tool singh i get a java error

" A Java Exception has occurred."

and yes yes i have an 8 core

16gb ram and dual gtx770

if i could get it to run i could tell you

You need to install Java 8 Update 5.

all i can get is java 7 update 60. how can i get the java 8.

mind you im still using win 7

It's says in the thread: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

@Mods: Could you please remove the download link in the OP? That links to a very old version.

Edit* In fact could the mods nuke ALL the download links except the download link for v0.5 (post #32) - thanks!

Edited by Singh400

Liking the latest updates, being able to managed flagged pbss shots on the go and in a separate window is very nice.

With the Selected button for scanning a server are you able to make it so when you click on a few servers/highlight and then click scan the ones selected?

Thanks for the colours to scan with, really helps.

Edit:

Just scanned a server and it didn't give me any indication at the end of the scan it found anything, wasn't until I clicked Managed Flagged that I saw them, or did I miss something.

19:16:04 Downloading 2000~ Files (40 threads)
19:19:47 Downloads Finished In: 223230 ms
19:19:47 Reading Dir...
19:19:47 Finished Reading Dir...(2000 PNGs)
19:19:47 Scanning: 2000 file(s) Cheat Colour List: BF3/BF4
19:20:10 Scanning Finished In: 22574 ms
19:20:10 Done! Total Time Taken: 248705 ms

I like how when you look at Flagged pbss and you click on the MD5 number and it shows the pbss and the info, looks like how SSChecker by orangepeel displays the pbss info, makes it easy to copy paste.

Edited by -Slayer-

With the Selected button for scanning a server are you able to make it so when you click on a few servers/highlight and then click scan the ones selected?

Sure, I can look into it. Done.

Just scanned a server and it didn't give me any indication at the end of the scan it found anything, wasn't until I clicked Managed Flagged that I saw them, or did I miss something.

That is intended, it will tell you when a selected/all download and scan is finished. Edited by Singh400

I downloaded the latest version of pbss scanner v5, and Java 8 for win 64.  I am running win 8.1.  A command box quickly opens and closes.  The error in the command box when I try to start the program says "Error: Could not find or load main class C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxx\Downloads\pbss_scanner_v0.5\pbss_scanner.jar      I have used the pbsscollector for quite awhile and was eager to compare the two.  I tried deleting Java 8 and pbss scanner V5 and redownloading but that did not work.  I'm sure its some minor detail on my part that I have overlooked.  :)

I downloaded the latest version of pbss scanner v5, and Java 8 for win 64.  I am running win 8.1.  A command box quickly opens and closes.  The error in the command box when I try to start the program says "Error: Could not find or load main class C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxx\Downloads\pbss_scanner_v0.5\pbss_scanner.jar      I have used the pbsscollector for quite awhile and was eager to compare the two.  I tried deleting Java 8 and pbss scanner V5 and redownloading but that did not work.  I'm sure its some minor detail on my part that I have overlooked.  :)

Java comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavours. To be on the safe side install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Java 8 Update 5 - download the files jre-8u5-windows-x64.exe and jre-8u5-windows-i586.exe and install them.