PBSS Scanner

Singh400

Seems fine to me as well, if you do make it bigger without being able to say click hold drag to resize like a window on your computer, it might be better to leave it as it sits, incase some use smaller monitors.

Seems fine on my 19" & 22" haven't used it on the 24".

Will PBSS path finder become an option in one of the upcoming version updates? How will it work, will it scan the whole GT directory for selected game and then import the newly found paths in the main app window server list where we see servers whose gametracker pbss paths are found?

It's fine to me but if you like you can spread it out a bit.

Seems fine to me as well, if you do make it bigger without being able to say click hold drag to resize like a window on your computer, it might be better to leave it as it sits, incase some use smaller monitors.

Seems fine on my 19" & 22" haven't used it on the 24".

Ah, I'm using it on my 24" 1920x1200 monitor you see. I don't want to make the windows resizeable as the UI elements bust a nut when that happens. 

Will PBSS path finder become an option in one of the upcoming version updates?

I never fully completed my PBSS Path Finder implementation, it used to work fine but never terminate properly. I want to recode the entire process and see if I can find a better implementation.

How will it work, will it scan the whole GT directory for selected game and then import the newly found paths in the main app window server list where we see servers whose GameTracker PBSS paths are found?

No, only GT paths are shown in that window. The idea is for every server IP that doesn't have a corresponding GT PBSS path to store that IP and then check it later with known custom paths. I did have 31 known custom paths, but I know have a total of 38 thanks to your PM a while ago. I'm not sure if/when I'll get round to implementing that feature. I put it there to remind me. It's not high on the priority list as the application works pretty well without it.
  • Upvote 1

Yep true that, the application works nicely without it. With eventual pbscreens support you'd be covering all major features/functions and IMO it'd be good for minor tweaks here and there but nothing major.

Does Flagged Files hang for anyone else when there are 1,000+ PBSSs?

Hmm never hanged for me even after "mass scan" of png files I've got from pbscreens (flags almost always 1500+ from 30K bundle).

I think it would be useful after retrieving PBSS paths for BF3 or BF4 that you can have a option to check the servers to see if they are streaming in the main PBSS scanner window also.  It would be nice to be able to make a custom list of streaming servers from those determined to be streaming to pbbans or ggc to scan those only.

I'm putting this on my to do list.

v0.7 released - see sig for download

• PBScreens support is added. To add go to Manage > PBScreens servers. Then add the URL (e.g. http://pbscreens.com/?screens-view-524-0--0-100-0-2-) and the number of pages. Best settings are going to be ALL and 100 PBSS per page. 20 pages will net 2000 PBSSs - same as GT. The feature is at the mercy of PBScreens staff. If they change stuff on their end it will break, likewise if they prefer that my app did NOT scrape their site then I will deprecate the feature entirely. Much like the GT process, files are zeroed to ensure you don't download duplicate files. You should only use this feature is you want to look for spot cheats, otherwise PBScreens does a very good job.
  • Deprecated the All button. Instead the Selected button can be used to scan all, just click into the server list and press Ctrl + A.
  • The download and scan process information is appended into the area instead of refreshing each time. This is per session
  • Reworked error collation
  • Minor tweaks with Manage Cheat/Flagged Files
  • v0.6 has been disabled, due to added support of PBScreens underlying infrastructure has changed. You will need to start again with v0.7. A lot of things have been changed under the hood
Someone earlier in the thread wanted the ability to filter and scan only PBBans server - after chatting to MaydaX this is a work in progress. I have to ensure that PBBans isn't flooded with requests. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same for GGC.

I'm also experimenting with Heroku support to move to a central database instead of per user.

As always feedback is welcome as are feature requests.

Edit* I forgot to add that at the moment i3D servers aren't support in custom servers, but I'm looking to support them in future versions.

Edited by Singh400
  • Upvote 2

It would be nice to be able to make a custom list of streaming servers from those determined to be streaming to pbbans or ggc to scan those only.

Someone earlier in the thread wanted the ability to filter and scan only PBBans server - after chatting to MaydaX this is a work in progress. I have to ensure that PBBans isn't flooded with requests. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same for GGC.

This is now done.

eoNc7qH.png

v0.8 released - see sig for download

• Fixed bug in stream check for PBBans
  • Implemented choice to download and scan for PBBans/GGC streaming servers - only PBBans is fully implemented, GGC support is a WIP
  • Implemented to mass check GT IPs for streaming status to PBBans (GGC support coming soon)
  • Under the hood changes, optimization mostly
A word on PBScreens support, I have reached out s3mt3x at PBScreens to give him a heads up with regards to increased download activity. While I haven't heard anything back, like I said before if they want support removed it will be removed. Or if it stops working, it is because they've made changes on their end.

Upgrade instructions; If you are upgrading from v0.7, then just copy across the pbss_scanner.jar file. No need to copy across the PBSS.db file.

You can now mass check PBBans streaming status for a bunch of GT servers in one go (GGC support is coming). Once you have retrieved paths for a GT game (e.g. BF3), go into Manage > Streaming Servers. Ensure that the relevant game is selected at the top (e.g. BF3) and click the button PBBans under Populate Streaming Info. Shout out to MaydaX for the PBBans API that makes this feature possible.

GGC support will be added soon, but until then you can still do manual single checks on the Cheat Files screens.

As always feedback and ideas welcome (seriously...I need new ideas!).

Cheers,

Singh

Hello,Singh400

How do i ad my own server on the tool??

I cant get my own server in the list.

Its streamin on pbbans,aci,ggc.

Could you help me please?

Who is your GSP? If it is GameServers, then ensure you have the PBSS mod enabled on your GSP CP. And then it will show up on GameTracker. If you have a GSP other than GameServers then you need to make sure that the provider has made your PBSS path public.

Who is your GSP? If it is GameServers, then ensure you have the PBSS mod enabled on your GSP CP. And then it will show up on GameTracker. If you have a GSP other than GameServers then you need to make sure that the provider has made your PBSS path public.

Its i3d.net

Its i3d.net

dont know if it supports i3d.net? and how do i mod pbb path public?

Its i3d.net

dont know if it supports i3d.net? and how do i mod pbb path public?

You need to make your PBSS path public. Log into your i3D.net CP and select the option to "Enable public PunkBuster screenshots" as seen here.

i3D.net support should be possible with the current build, let me do some testing and get back to you.

Does your scanner scan in a loop?

No, that feature has been requested before and I'm hesitant to implement it. I can implement it but I'd really rather not. My app is pretty efficient at downloading, and that kind of activity is bound to be noticed when running in a loop.

i3D.net support should be possible with the current build, let me do some testing and get back to you.

Okay, the current build (v0.8) does support i3D, but you have to add it as a Custom Server in a specific manner.

You'll need your i3D.net GameServer ID (e.g. 273284) then in the Custom Server screen, paste the URL like this:-

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/pb-screenshot.php?server=XXXXXX&file=/pbsvss.htm
Where XXXXXX is your your i3D.net GameServer ID (e.g. 273284), so the above becomes:-

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/pb-screenshot.php?server=273284&file=/pbsvss.htm
Then input your PBSS limit and download threads as normal (I suggest 30). Click Add Server and then you should be able to scan it as normal. I did test it out and it works fine for me ;)

Okay, the current build (v0.8) does support i3D, but you have to add it as a Custom Server in a specific manner.

You'll need your i3D.net GameServer ID (e.g. 273284) then in the Custom Server screen, paste the URL like this:-

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/pb-screenshot.php?server=XXXXXX&file=/pbsvss.htm
Where XXXXXX is your your i3D.net GameServer ID (e.g. 273284), so the above becomes:-

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/pb-screenshot.php?server=273284&file=/pbsvss.htm
Then input your PBSS limit and download threads as normal (I suggest 30). Click Add Server and then you should be able to scan it as normal. I did test it out and it works fine for me ;)

O. that works.. thank you.! but why are my screenshots blank?  it downloads the files but on the screenshots is nothing to see.!?

O. that works.. thank you.! but why are my screenshots blank?  it downloads the files but on the screenshots is nothing to see.!?

No idea, could be any number of issues. Please use the appropriate sub-forum for questions that aren't to do with the PBSS Scanner. Trying to keep this thread solely for issues with the PBSS Scanner.