hacker

grassi

i play on my buddys server a game called enemy territory and had a hacker come on changing everyones name. Now i know my buddy has the latest pb, this instance is rare but hes not coming up with any info, is there any helpful commands i might try till by buddy gets back to sort this out, rcon commands for ip or guid or something more than just listplayers, thanks for your time.

i play on my buddys server a game called enemy territory and had a hacker come on changing everyones name. Now i know my buddy has the latest pb, this instance is rare but hes not coming up with any info, is there any helpful commands i might try till by buddy gets back to sort this out, rcon commands for ip or guid or something more than just listplayers, thanks for your time.

whats the server IP/Port m8 ?

What MOd are you running? .Are you sure it isnt someone with admin chaning the name with shrubbot commands ? or have you accidently given people power to do this ?

PB_SV_PLIST will give you the connected players info

PS gwet your buddy to steam his server here if you want to catch cheats .PB is a great toll but streaming to pbbans will catch all the latest cheats

Edited by irn

84.244.156.131:27960 is this the info you were looking for? Also streaming is not an option for me, but is for my buddy, i however am gonna try rconIT i guess.

the reason i asked for server IP/Port is that i can enter the info into HLSW and see at a glance what the biggest problem is:

84.244.156.131:27960 (SPQR) BELGIUM OMNIBOT + ETPUB + XPSAVE

is running ET vers. 2.60 - its imperative that all ET servers update to 2.60b, you would not believe how easy it is for a hacker to enter any 2.60 server and gain access to all files on the server FTP, including the server.cfg that contains the rcon details.

As a lot of servers have already updated the field narrows for those with malicious intentions and you will probably see a lot more of this "server take-over" type stuff on servers that have not bothered to update.

I can not stress it enough - update to 2.60b now.

thank you, for the info, i will have to catch up with him, and let him now your thoughts, cool i have that command pb_sv_plist, im gonna have to see about his version of punkbuster, there are admin issued levels but only our clan members have the most access, were all pretty close to one another, honest. this guy is out of control he changes about 10 names in 10 sec. when i hit my tab key to show players the names change like crazy. like 10 at a time. He just keeps saying hes the hacker and theres nothin we can do. i will keep intouch.

thank you, for the info, i will have to catch up with him, and let him now your thoughts, cool i have that command pb_sv_plist, im gonna have to see about his version of punkbuster, there are admin issued levels but only our clan members have the most access, were all pretty close to one another, honest. this guy is out of control he changes about 10 names in 10 sec. when i hit my tab key to show players the names change like crazy. like 10 at a time. He just keeps saying hes the hacker and theres nothin we can do. i will keep intouch.

you must be using jaymod or etpub as thats the only way of 'changing other peoples names' in enemy territory. If you are that means someone with ADMIN/Clan Member Level access is using the rename feature probably silently i.e. silent commands via console /!rename xxxx to aaaaa etc

you must be using jaymod or etpub as thats the only way of 'changing other peoples names' in enemy territory. If you are that means someone with ADMIN/Clan Member Level access is using the rename feature probably silently i.e. silent commands via console /!rename xxxx to aaaaa etc

I think I know the server they run ET Pub with Omni-bot .You might want to check the logs and see who was changing them names ...it maybe one of you own guys playing a joke