AASA latest blunder?

avguste

Guys,it seems AASA has gone way crazy in their latest blunders.

It seems they are loading a Cvar test(or something) that erases any dual streaming commands

Read http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?t=15890 for specifics

Like I posted on AON and ACi,in my opinion a combined response from all anti-cheat communities involved in dual streaming/log forwarding is necessary

Opinions?

pb_sv_task 208 43200 pb_sv_uconempty

i.e. stop all hub streaming after 12 hours, huh? :S

Like I posted on AON and ACi,in my opinion a combined response from all anti-cheat communities involved in dual streaming/log forwarding is necessary

Opinions?

imo this has to be a clear point to every streaming admin, or it will cause problems all AC sites (but aasa) will have to deal with - LoL!

thanks for heads-up

Well first off if AASA's policy is "stream to us and no one else" that is solely their decision. Not very much to respond really as long this is stated clearly, accept it and stream to AASA, or not and decide for mulitistreaming and joining the "spirit of co-operation".

The point that bothers me is rather is the question how aware AA admins are they are allowed to stream 12 hours via hub, that is funny isn't it, or am i missing something? Why is it in a cfg in a cryptic form most admins will oversee, and quite a few will not understand?

That I think is the main issue here.Even though AASA is saying that their main 1 rule is stream to them only and as such this task is to stop their own admins from dual streaming,I do think that every AA admin should be aware of what they are uploading on their servers

Heres a simple suggestion for everyone.

If you dont like there rules then dont stream to them.Stream to another AC site I know pbbans and some others will greatly set you up with dual streaming.We have nothing to hide nor will we ever.Setting someones pb to do something that was not configured by pb or the person running pb is against pb's TOS.Now further more it may not be right for them to impose that you cannot dual stream.Well here is the simple answer.Dont stream to them and dont allow them access to your server therefore they cannot modify your pb.If they wish to violate pb TOS im sure pb would like to know.Let evenbalance make the decision wether its right or wrong.But coming from an admin @ pbbans your streaming is your decision and the server is ran by you and you alone.With that said understand modifying your server is against GSP TOS also (coming from a reseller of theplanet) You cannot access or modify anything on anyones box,server,or whatever it is without prior permission from the client.So as said above you dont like the aaso rules stream elsewhere.Most AC sites will be more then glad to help you out with the exception of the few who seem to have something to hide.Now im not here to bash anyone but understand this is everyones right to choose wether they dual stream or not.

already posted

You are aware that by your logic no checks at all would be allowed on servers? And who or what is pbbans? I'm pretty sure your post was just an attempt to get a little known organization some attention and not a great attempt at that. Currently the only TOS violaters involved in the thread are rifle and nutter but I never see anyone complain about them doing that

rofl

from what i can gather pb_sv_task 208 43200 pb_sv_uconempty will only apply to AASA private members who agreed when they applied to AASA for private membership to stream to AASA only.

PBBans has asked EvenBalance to look at a proposed update to pbucon that hopefully will result in AASA having no objections to joining our "spirit of co-operation" venture and accepting/forwarding logs via the PBBans Hub.

When all is said and done the aim of every AC site is the same, and that is to protect their members servers to the best of their ability.

PBBans is trying to take that one step further by making one ban detection applicable to a lot more than just one AC sites banlist, so narrowing the playing field for a proven cheater drastically.

As PBBans is the only AC site with a streaming method other than that of standard rep streaming it does feel that the addition of said PB task is specifically aimed at us but if the task only applies to AASA private members i can not see what the problem is tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn

Once I saw the sig of the admin named [muncher] I knew what the real deal is.

Gameservers is well not what they used to be. They "used" to support what ever anti cheat site(s) and you could do what yu want with your server. Times has changed and so has the people who run Gameservers.

I wouldnt rent a server from them if my life depended on it. Sorry folks but by personnal experences and what I have learned in the last 4 months. F them. Sorry for the foul words and what not but Gameservers is crap.

And oh their prices is a hugh rip-off period.

Example, your own dedicated box. 500 bucks a month.

I can get the exact same box with the exact network connection and its half that.

Also remember that gameservers USED to be clanservers.