Kickback/recoil?

urdead

Every now and then, we have some players who don't seem to suffer the same recoil and kickback we receive. For example, when on an installations MG, they seem to be highly accurate, yet when I or someone else uses it, there's all kinds of recoil. It's as if they're ona tank MG, which has far less recoil. Also, when I'm getting shot, I get a lot of kickback and find it hard to aim, yet when this person gets hit, their aim is still dead-on. Now I'm no noob, been playing ET for a few years. And I understand that some of the kickback is for effect only in that you can still hit if you don't move or anything, but many times the kickback is so violent I can't even keep a bead on them. Are there any CVAR values to limit tweaks to recoil/kickback?

Thanks!

I dont play the game but most experienced players know that rather than spraying bullets (holding the trigger) it's better to fire in short bursts decreasing recoil and improving accuracy.

I have heard of settings to be changed for the SNIPER RIFLE recoil, but never for the MG.

Maybe just practice with it. Aim lower and if the recoil or RISE of the weapon is that great youll hit your target that way :blink:

Every now and then, we have some players who don't seem to suffer the same recoil and kickback we receive. For example, when on an installations MG, they seem to be highly accurate, yet when I or someone else uses it, there's all kinds of recoil. It's as if they're ona tank MG, which has far less recoil. Also, when I'm getting shot, I get a lot of kickback and find it hard to aim, yet when this person gets hit, their aim is still dead-on. Now I'm no noob, been playing ET for a few years. And I understand that some of the kickback is for effect only in that you can still hit if you don't move or anything, but many times the kickback is so violent I can't even keep a bead on them. Are there any CVAR values to limit tweaks to recoil/kickback?

Thanks!

there are tweaks for 'recoil' however those are mostly for the fg and k43 , the recoil scripts wouldnt work effeciently with a MG its possibly to bind a constant look down and fire to a button but you would have to train yourself to use it properly.. But once again not sure how effecient that would be... I would suggest getting demo's as sometimes its quite obvious when someone is cheating and when someone has 'skill'

In other words, no one has a clue? Darn...Thanks anyways. It's also been reported that FPS has no effect on recoil, at least not with the latest versions of ETPUB/ETPRO.

we do have bans that reflect a cheat for use of the mg42

example:

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=14108

best thing to do is to get your server streaming and running md5 scans and cvar checks to compliment PB software and give the genuine players that connect to your server the protection they deserve :)

try setting your game fps to 76 will help a lot with recoil!

set com_maxfps 76

recoil is NOT affected by fps settings in Enemy-Territory (never has) it does however make a difference in RTCW

FPS effects the recoil with the pistol quite a lot....I dont know if the same rule applies for MG and that....but it does definately effect the kickback when you shoot a pistol. Proven by a dev from the etpro team with pictures.

You can test it yourself, pull out your pistol, /kill so your xhair goes to center, /set com_maxfps 30..and shoot 8 bullets, see where your xhair stops.

Repeat but with /set com_maxfps 76

Again with /set com_maxfps 125 and once more with /set com_maxfps 333

You should notice that your xhair lands MUCH higher :)