GUID banned

-=(CoF3)=-Steelers

Can some1 here look into the GUID - 28408be85331757154519b97f53b116d

2 of my players are on this GUID list as being banned, but I'm certain that neither one(or the hundreds of others associated with it) used this 1 before.

Thanks.

SOF2 28408be85331757154519b97f53b116d (PBBans - PsB)

Global This GUID is globally banned by EvenBalance

http://www.pbbans.com/mpi4/

2 of my players are on this GUID list as being banned, but I'm certain that neither one(or the hundreds of others associated with it) used this 1 before.

?? If they have this GUID they are using the same CD Key the same as everyone else who was using this key.

Can some1 here look into the GUID - 28408be85331757154519b97f53b116d

Thanks.

the pbguid 28408be85331757154519b97f53b116d is globally banned by EvenBalance because, they have used a cd key that is leaked on the internet or they have become victims of the Activision cock up all explained here PBBans Forum Link

Actually this post has come at a good time for me and I don't think that sometimes things may be as they seem.

I run a fun night on my server on Saturdays and have a mapcycle which includes 2 different custom maps each week. This is attended most weeks by the same group of players most of which I know well.

2 weeks ago one of my admins joined and was immediately kicked by PB for previous ban. A bit later another player I know was kicked for the same thing.

I checked out the guids in the logs and found they were both the same and when checking in the Master Player Index (MPI) saw it was a globally banned guid.

I emailed the admin and asked him wtf was going on and got the replythat upon entering the server his game had crashed to desktop and when he tried to re-enter the server he got kicked by PB. Now I've known this guy for years, he's an admin on my server and also an admin on Gameservers DM server and he's clean as a whistle.

He finally got on by reinstalling sOF2 and his normal guid was logged on the server.

Interesting though that he told me his sof2key file was empty when he looked at it after he was kicked.

Comments please.

There is a similar scenario for RTCW, when installing you enter the cd key that comes with the game and when you first join a pb enabled server the cd key magically changes to one that is banned (leaked cd key) it's a simple task to enter the options menu and enter your unique cd key and thereafter all is good.

Just for info, in cases like this, the leaked cd key invariably comes with a player who has incurred a bannable violation.

The only person who does not get validated for a full PBBans forum account is the person that incurred the original violation, all others are welcome here :)

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24415 .:|:. !guid 8a02f1f0 http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24118 ... what is missing are proactive admins posting this, so posted in inital post was the "default" sof2 guid, yeh or nah? i still didnt see the guid that results from the sof2 copys released with identical cd-key. Saves alot of time wasted with guessing and waiting for unusable MPi4 results ;p

• 3 weeks later...