Banned

sbristol21

I had a player e-mail me the other day since he found out I was a member of Pbbans with a question. He has been banned about three times now and each time he just goes out and buys another game or buys another key code. But each time he has been caught he has always used the same IP address. After buying another key and installing it he is still being banned from servers that are streaming thru your service. Is he being booted because of his IP address? or what?

I don't know what to tell him.

PB_SV_BanMask [iP Address / Subnet Mask]

Permanently bans players from joining the server from the specified IP Address / Subnet Mask; for example: issuing PB_SV_BanMask "12.34." will cause PB to deny access to all players trying to join from an IP Address that begins with "12.34."; These bans are written to the pbbans.dat file just like bans issued with the PB_SV_Ban command

2142 server admin pb guide

I had a player e-mail me the other day since he found out I was a member of Pbbans with a question. He has been banned about three times now and each time he just goes out and buys another game or buys another key code. But each time he has been caught he has always used the same IP address. After buying another key and installing it he is still being banned from servers that are streaming thru your service. Is he being booted because of his IP address? or what?

I don't know what to tell him.

As Yourself4 quite rightly states all bans are based on a players pbguid and nothing else.

If he is trying to enter a particular server with a new cd key/pbguid it may well be that the server admin has placed an IP ban but that is the admins choice, and he needs to take it up with him.

Another scenario is that EvenBalance have placed a hardware ban on this particular player and we would need to see the exact kick message he gets to rule this out.

so if he buys a new cd key can he import his old account he got accused on?? or will he have to start over with a new account??? <<<<iv got a global guid ban also so im wondering what to do to start playing again>>>>>

so if he buys a new cd key can he import his old account he got accused on?? or will he have to start over with a new account??? >>>>

I am not that familiar with how the BF2/BF2142 system works, but I'm pretty sure a new cd key (which = a new GUID) means a new account.

Other more familiar players correct me if I'm wrong :P.