MD5Tool Mismatch

kriek

hello,

well, i must admit i have messed around with some settings to gain fps because i lagged too much in some maps.

the thing is that, i've found some websites where they provide some configs that will make u gain fps.

i said ok lets test this.

in fact i didnt install anything, just 2, 3 cvars changed in console

and console said for example: default is 0, domain is 0 to 1

i put it at 1

then, i played like 1 whole day without problem, and i was happy, because my fps was nice, i had no more lag... great!

then this evening, i got kicked by PB for those cvars.

i said, oh no, damn, ok i set it back again.

which i did

and i still get kicked by PB from a server:

here is the PB message :

### PunkBuster kicked player '###' (for 2 minutes) ... MD5Tool Mismatch: main/iw_01.iwd (len=2048)

i know my files are clean, i wont mess with cvars anymore as my fps is great now with new drivers and fans cleaned.

it seems only one server kick me, does itmeans they banned me or PB kinda bugs or something ?

help would be appreciated here :)

ps: im new to PB games

yea but i get kicked all the time with the same exact message, this happend every time i spawn in that server.

i dont really care about that server, but could be useful to know where does that comes from.

why would PB kick me only from one server ?

yea but i get kicked all the time with the same exact message, this happend every time i spawn in that server.

i dont really care about that server, but could be useful to know where does that comes from.

why would PB kick me only from one server ?

Probably because thats the one server your joining that checks the md5 checksum of stock game files :)

Well here is an interesting piece I will add to this. All was fine before I left for Christmas holidays. I returned home fired up the computer and joined a server some of my other clan mates were in. About 5 min in I got kicked for the exact same thing (len=2048). I know my server is running all the MD5 and CVAR checks so I joined it and ran around for about 15 min with no problem at all. I rejoined the server my guys were in and again I was kicked for the same thing.

This has only happened on the one server so could it be a bad setting on the server that could be causing this?

I am not worried about it, I just find it odd that I changed nothing and got booted from this one server.

Have a look here,

http://home.arcor.de/fmankel/MD5-Vergleich.pdf

source:

http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47137

I had same problem as you with new punksbusted pbuser.cfg on punksbusted streaming server ( i am streaming both)

The cause is with french version of the game

new pbuser.cfg is coming

Edited by matneo69

ask the server admin to remove useless checks.

Just to state it one clearly (again):

PBBans does NOT support stock file scans.

Why do you not support stock file scans? I have seen some aimbots get embedded into the iw3mp.exe file. I have also seen people with changed or corrupted iw_01.iwd files.

Stock files from one version to the next of the game will have different MD5's.

Simply put, if it's coded in french, it won't be the same as the english version, or the german version, etc. Is there a point to scanning these files, really?

Can you provide proof that hacks can get embedded into these files? Or are you simply referring to "hooks" that we're already looking for?

Why do you not support stock file scans? I have seen some aimbots get embedded into the iw3mp.exe file. I have also seen people with changed or corrupted iw_01.iwd files.

OT. Cause they are beyond useless. Superficial half-knowledge as usual, seems you see quite a few things based on imagination. Drugs, just say NO.

There is no discussion here about running stock checks, OT and old news. My message included this is no issue related to PBBans in any shape or form, we dont support = we don't suggest or issue, wrong forum to put it straight: Contact the server adimistrator and ask to remove the scans -- Reasons should be more than clear now, it's not Clients' fault but hypochondriacal admins', nothing a client could do about it, no point to repeat or question this the n-th time -- Find the noob forum that suggested the regarding check-spam and complain there, not here. *Lock*