Aimbots not getting detected

supernick

Just a quick writeup..

Played on several streamed servers now, and there have been a few players with aimbots on them.

It was pretty blatant, the thing basically aimed and shot for him, no matter where the player was. If the player was visible, the bot would lock on to their head, sometimes at multiple 180 turns.

It got past PB though, and the streaming service. He said it was something about how it 'hooked' PB and would never get detected.

Are cheats like wallhack able to hook PB in this fashion to avoid detection? Makes it a bit annoying in this day and age to be playing with cheats who just get called 'good' - since wallhack isn't as easily noticeable as aimbot sometimes.

Oh and finally, does anyone know Evenbalance's plans to counteract cheats that can bypass PB like this? The guy who was cheating on one server said he never had his CoD2 hacks detected.

Have you found it?

Found the cheat personally? No. I really don't know what works and what doesn't or what/how stuff gets by PB.

The only one I would think would be working is a program that you have to pay for, or get illegally via torrents.

I could tell you the name so you can investigate it, as it does look more professional than the rest.

Found the cheat personally? No. I really don't know what works and what doesn't or what/how stuff gets by PB.

The only one I would think would be working is a program that you have to pay for, or get illegally via torrents.

I could tell you the name so you can investigate it, as it does look more professional than the rest.

Any cheat info you have can be passed to a staff member via forum pm.

Also can be passed to [email protected]

Saying the cheat was undetected on streaming servers is dependent on wether the server admin was running the recommended cvar/md5 scans, have you contacted the server admin at all ?

Wrong answer.

You see, its difficult to find something if you don't know what you are looking for either. EvenBalance needs some time to find out what needs to be checked. It's always only a matter of time.

Wrong answer.

You see, its difficult to find something if you don't know what you are looking for either. EvenBalance needs some time to find out what needs to be checked. It's always only a matter of time.

There are several websites out there that enforce a "must pay before you can use" service - some i've seen can't even be downloaded illegally since the developers put in a CD key type system into the cheats.

This in turn creates a very closed community of cheaters and the inability of Evenbalance/Anyone else to check and add prevention.

I suppose I was just curious if any of you guys had personally run into aimbotters (or any other form of cheat) who weren't getting caught and you had to ban them manually.

:)

I suppose I was just curious if any of you guys had personally run into aimbotters (or any other form of cheat) who weren't getting caught and you had to ban them manually.

Happens ocasionally in my experience. The majority of cheats which go undetected get detected by PB in time ;) Edited by =BLACKWOLF=

There are several websites out there that enforce a "must pay before you can use" service - some i've seen can't even be downloaded illegally since the developers put in a CD key type system into the cheats.

This in turn creates a very closed community of cheaters and the inability of Evenbalance/Anyone else to check and add prevention.

You think Evenbalance or community cheat collectors couldn't just pay their way in? Come on, it's not like breaking into al queda. Cheaters are a bunch of kiddies on forums trading shit back and forth all day and WANT to give stuff out for their e-props. Think about it, if it's someone's profession to collect all types of different cheats available out there, wouldn't it be easiest to just go and buy them with the company credit card, dissect them, and update PB to check for them.

Yes. One of them was closed few months ago. All their customers were globally banned. Another is having same problem. As I said, its only matter of the time. Sooner or later someone always leaks.

Private cheats are EB's, PBBans, PsB's, and our worst nightmare because unless EB gets a copy of the code there will likely never be anti-cheat code written into PB to counteract it. That's the problem with private cheats. That's also why it is imperative that we admins be so vigilant on our servers, always keeping our eyes our for cheating of any kind. PB may not catch some private cheats, but a demo will generally bust a cheater.

I think you'd be rather amazed at how vigilant and well-informed evenbalance is. While it may take time to get a hold of a particular hack, and then disect it to see how it works, they're on it. Reporting such sites to them, sending them demo's as well as posting those demo's here, etc will go a long way in keeping them up to speed on new hacks that are out there. Believe me, they want to hear from you if you've got information that can help them improve the system and tighten the net.