a cheater spoofed my etpro guid

Kanonenfutter

Hi PB-team,

I registered myself here because a cheater took/ spoofed my etpro guid and now I have a red yawn warning.

You will see that the PB-guid and the IP does not fit to the other yawn entries with my name.

The cheater used my guid on this server: 80.190.228.24:27960. I spoke with the admins there, it is all ok for me from their side (cheater spoofed my guid and named himself like an admin there).

My question: is it possible to delete this warning? I didn't ever use cheats and I don't want to arouse suspicion in this way.

http://www.yawn.be/findPlayer.yawn?gamecod...EABD72CF0EF6C78

Thank you in advance!

Kanonenfutter

P.S.: I posted nearly the same topic today in the yawn-forum. Would be great if the warning could be deleted!

edit:

http://soff.boozze.be/viewtopic.php?p=24167#24167

Edited by Kanonenfutter

hmmm,

i didn't get a reply yet from the yawn-side, but in similar topics there i read the yawn-admins advice to pbbans.

this means the result is that i will have to live with that warning and being innocent. :(

As far as I know Yawn admins will not remove your warning as long as its linked to banned PB GUID. We will not remove this ban because its valid. ETPro ids are unreliable. Everyone knows it.

ok.

some people told me the same (like the admin of the server the cheater used my guid on).

so i will trust you... but it has a bitter taste with that warning on my guid still. :(

edit:

anyway: thanks :dunno:

Edited by Kanonenfutter

hi honigdachs :),

my 3rd request in this case has been sent to evenbalance.com (support enemy territory - i am on the ticketlist right now).

i will write to punksbusted.com (as 4th station of my request) as soon as their site is online again.

but i have the feeling i won't loose my entry :(

cheers,

kanonenfutter

p.s.: http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/u...sage=new_ticket

p.p.s.: i post all my steps in this case to hold up the transparency as high as i can. hopefully I/ we come to a satisfiable answer for all sides. It would be sad if I am going to live with this entry/ warning/ mark without being guilty.

Edited by Kanonenfutter

hi honigdachs :),

my 3rd request in this case has been sent to evenbalance.com (support enemy territory - i am on the ticketlist right now).

i will write to punksbusted.com (as 4th station of my request) as soon as their site is online again.

but i have the feeling i won't loose my entry :(

cheers,

kanonenfutter

This will not help you. You're banned here not at PsB. EvenBalance has nothing to do with it either.

hi foxdie,

the thing is: i wrote first to the yawn guys. They told me to contact PBBANS, evenbalance or punkbusted.com. They told me they will not remove the entry manually as long as my guid is on the masterbanlist/ -index.

So I contacted you here at PBBANS, you told me that you only take cover the PB-Guids (I understand that).

I will try to contact punksbusted.com (but site is down atm).

So, the result is I am "pushed around" a bit by all sides, cause nobody wants to take the resonsibility in my case.

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutly no expert in this anti-cheat thing - I just like to play the game WOLF: ET, I did it always clean and fair, have & had always good contacts to other players/ community, I recorded cheaters in the past and gave demos to the server-admins, I had been part of PB-streaming group "[DWX]" (but not as headadmin ;) ).

So I just tried out if I could get this warning away, cause there will be always some guys out there who will suspect me cause of entry in my yawn now/ or (if I create a new guid) cause it is too new - and in my view this can not be ok to create a new guid cause some asshole "stole" my guid.

My previous speaker "Helmut Honigdachs" is btw an admin on the server the cheater was active on with my guid. I think Helmut can attest me a "hax-free" activity on the HH2 server, even if some guys call me a cheater now (I think cause of this entry:( ).

I mean: even if everybody knows the etpro-guid is easy fakeable there will always remain some kind of bitter taste in combination with my name now, and to avoid this taste i started this "request of deleting".

I saw the entry 8/ 9 days ago and was very suprised how I could have this entry.

I know that my texting won't delete the warning, but in my view I have to try it at least.

greetings,

Kano-whine-a-lot x)

Hi Kanonenfutter,

Let me try to clarify the situation.

ETpro guid's are not even worth talking about, they are an absolutely useless feature, even more so since llama's figured out how to spoof them.

The ideal scenario would be for Yawn.be staff to completely remove etpro guid information from their website completely.

I dont know why they are suggesting that EvenBalance can help you because the only bans issued directly by EB are globalguid and hardware bans, and your situation is in no way, shape, or form, anything to do with them.

The llama used your etproguid to cheat, and the pbguid he used is on our banlist, the one thing that can not be spoofed is the server assigned pbguid and it is this, that appears on our banlist.

I know it seems like your being passed around the various anti cheat organisations here, but it is only one place that has got things wrong, and thats yawn.be, and that is because they insist on using etproguid's despite knowing they are no use what so ever to anyone or anything.

You have 2 choices as I see it, you can;

1. keep trying to drag yawn.be into the real world.

2. completely ignore the annoying red triangles, because they mean nothing.

Please feel free to link this post to anyone you care to :)

imo, one of the etpro team, if any are still around, need to release a simple update or patch with one feature -> the removal of the etpro GUID & IAC system. maybe then yawn would stop using it & leagues like clanbase would abandon it as well. apparantly bani himself stating "etpro guids are unreliable & should not be used" is not enough.

hi fozzer, chris64,

thanks for your comments. as I said: at least i wanted to try to delete the warnings. but i really never cared much about which guid is save or not, cause i never cheated or something.

i will ignore the warning now. ;)

The good thing on this topic is, that i understand the (anti-cheat-)organisations a little bit better now and the different guids. ^_^

I always thought there is one place (in my view PBBans or punkbuster-guys/ even-balance?!, which I always thought is the same) where all ways of anti-cheating route to.

Anyways, keep up the good work, good that someone tries to keep the cheater off the game. :)

cu,

kano

I couldn't disagree more. Flawed and spoofable as they may be, ETPro GUID's at least aren't completely disposable like PB GUID's are in ET. Being able to cross-reference both types of GUID's at Yawn is a great help when trying to establish someone's identity and, for example, check out cases like Kanonenfutter's. Noob and semi noob cheaters will have a much harder time to fake their ETPro GUID's than to change their PB GUID's, and will eventually resort to some multihack with a GUID spoofing feature which will probably help get them caught sooner or later. More experienced cheaters will have to go through all the trouble of using non-detected hacks, MAC spoofing, etc. With all their limitations, ETPro GUID's, when used with knowledge, care and responsability, ARE a much better way to control a server's audience than PB GUID's will ever be (again, in ET's case). It's a real shame to see that many of you have assumed the same "mr-know-it-all" attitude as Bani, ReyalIP and co. have, and in the process are helping to kill the great mod that ETPro is, especially in pubs (oh, it's a "competition" mod? sorry, but I don't recognize that concept). I've been using ETPro ever since I started working with ET servers and only recently ended up deciding to switch to another mod because of said individuals utter disregard for the community outside their small closed world. Long time traditional servers like the Chicken Bucket, which also have used ETPro for years, changed last month to ETPub in an obvious attempt to increase their average user frequency to any value above zero, because the very authors of the mod are helping to kill it. Any ETPro server admins who don't think ETPro GUID's are useful simply aren't qualified for that job.

Edited by Pedro-NF

I couldn't disagree more. Flawed and spoofable as they may be, ETPro GUID's at least aren't completely disposable like PB GUID's are in ET. Being able to cross-reference both types of GUID's at Yawn is a great help when trying to establish someone's identity and, for example, check out cases like Kanonenfutter's. Noob and semi noob cheaters will have a much harder time to fake their ETPro GUID's than to change their PB GUID's, and will eventually resort to some multihack with a GUID spoofing feature which will probably help get them caught sooner or later. More experienced cheaters will have to go through all the trouble of using non-detected hacks, MAC spoofing, etc. With all their limitations, ETPro GUID's, when used with knowledge, care and responsability, ARE a much better way to control a server's audience than PB GUID's will ever be (again, in ET's case). It's a real shame to see that many of you have assumed the same "mr-know-it-all" attitude as Bani, ReyalIP and co. have, and in the process are helping to kill the great mod that ETPro is, especially in pubs (oh, it's a "competition" mod? sorry, but I don't recognize that concept). I've been using ETPro ever since I started working with ET servers and only recently ended up deciding to switch to another mod because of said individuals utter disregard for the community outside their small closed world. Long time traditional servers like the Chicken Bucket, which also have used ETPro for years, changed last month to ETPub in an obvious attempt to increase their average user frequency to any value above zero, because the very authors of the mod are helping to kill it.

ETPro IDS are not unique. I can change mine without using any kind of cheat using one of system utilities.

Any ETPro server admins who don't think ETPro GUID's are useful simply aren't qualified for that job.

I'm one of them

It's not a know-it-all attitude Bro.

It's a simple statement of proven facts, I can change my etpro guid in a minute if I so desire and since a lot of kiddies like nothing better than to stir up some trouble for players who just happened to kill them 3 times in a row, what better way than to spoof that players etpro guid and let the ill educated loose on the various forums etc.

I have been a ET admin for a heck of a long time and there are 2 facts that are undisputable;

You can spoof any players etproguid

You can not spoof the server assigned pbguid.

So I'll say it again, etproguids are useless.

No one is saying the etpro mod itself is useless, just the etpro iac.

what better way than to spoof that players etpro guid and let the ill educated loose on the various forums etc.

:( I play ET since nearly 2 years only yet :unsure: