PB INIT Failure ???

Tim

I'm confused...I play on ONLY PB servers daily and now this morn i'm getting kicked for "pb init failure" ...I'm a daily player still in sof2 world and all my updates are updated,,,still use same key\guid as when i started and usually keep up w\ pbbans\pb updates regularly...why am I getting this "pb init failure" all of a sudden and getting kicked from servers that I play on daily? Any suggestions on how to fix this? TY

Hey Tim,

Cookie, Neville, -=S8N=- and I were having exactly the same problem. I saw you get kicked from our servers but you didn't come back so i could help.

We all had to download PBSetup.exe from Evenbalance and run a manual update. Once we had done this we were good to go.

Hope you get it sorted mate!! ;)

I'm confused...I play on ONLY PB servers daily and now this morn i'm getting kicked for "pb init failure" ...I'm a daily player still in sof2 world and all my updates are updated,,,still use same key\guid as when i started and usually keep up w\ pbbans\pb updates regularly...why am I getting this "pb init failure" all of a sudden and getting kicked from servers that I play on daily? Any suggestions on how to fix this? TY

I've not played SOF2 however, I'm guessing PB would work the same. I've gotten the same thing before and needed to update my PB Client manually.

Just a thought.

Hope that helps.

Hi Merl. Thnx, I did what Port said and it worked . My question to the high up pbbans guys thou,, since yesterday,,daily players are getting this kick 1 after another now and in the end they all needed to go manualy update from evenbalance,,,,these guys like myself only play at pb servers and play daily,,,why are they all getting kicked all of a sudden and needed to manualy update? Did something change at pb or eb where they dont do it {update} while in game anymore? Anyway,,glad my issue is fixed,,, its just to bad its happening to every player all of a sudden.

Edited by Tim

Hi Merl. Thnx, I did what Port said and it worked . My question to the high up pbbans guys thou,, since yesterday,,daily players are getting this kick 1 after another now and in the end they all needed to go manualy update from evenbalance,,,,these guys like myself only play at pb servers and play daily,,,why are they all getting kicked all of a sudden and needed to manualy update? Did something change at pb or eb where they dont do it {update} while in game anymore? Anyway,,glad my issue is fixed,,, its just to bad its happening to every player all of a sudden.

Not sure exactly but I'm leaning toward the issue is with PB (EvenBalance) since the issue extends across multiple games. I had to manually update both AA and COD4 after getting kicked by a server for PB Init Failure. Usually the PB Client will update via the server when there is an update.

Thursday 02.08.2008 [9:15PM]

Version 2.049 of the PB Client for SoF2 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page.

Release Notes for PB Client v2.049:

* this version includes new PB services, see our PB Services FAQ for more info

we all were kicked from the server and everybody had to manually update PB with pbsetup, after manually update PB we were playing without any problems.

If anybody still need PBSetup, here is the link

PBSetup download

and just follow the instructions on that page.

Edited by -=CID=-

A new update was posted today. If you're not running client version 2.049 you will get kicked. See previous messages for a link to the PB Setup program. It only takes 30 seconds to fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I also play PB servers and now getting kicked for "pb init failure" ...I'm a daily player of sof2

...why am I getting this "pb init failure" all of a sudden and getting kicked from servers that I play all the time?

I'm on a MAC, I just downloaded & ran the update PB /pbsetup ...hopefully this will work?? :D

used the PBSetup, link from above in this post/string

**HELP!! OK, so I ran the punkbuster setup and it seemed to run and update..

- then I launch SOF .. ONLY now, Punkbuster won't change from NO to YES??? to allow me online???

(image of my update window attached) any ideas?? anyone??

________________________________________________________________________________

_______

I also play PB servers and now getting kicked for "pb init failure" ...I'm a daily player of sof2

...why am I getting this "pb init failure" all of a sudden and getting kicked from servers that I play all the time?

I'm on a MAC, I just downloaded & ran the update PB /pbsetup ...hopefully this will work??

used the PBSetup, link from above in this post/string

setup_window.pdf

Every once in a while a player or server admin has to manually update their client or server with the downloadable htm files from www.evenbalance.com

This may perhaps be your current situation. Click the link, click on your game, and read a bit regarding what files you may need to download and install manually, and where to put them. The htm files should be right-clicked on and then choose save target as and target them towards the htm folder within your pb folder for your game. These are game-specific, so make sure you're on your game's related page.

Try getting into your sof2mp.cfg file that is in your "mp" folder or "Rocmod" folder or whatever mod you play and in there you'll find a cvar called "seta cl_punkbuster" the number it shows will probably be "0" if thats the case manually change it to "1" and save your config. I believe that will solve your issue mate.

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever happened with PB software and/or servers about 4-5 weeks ago has left a group of us stranded.. unable to play PB servers anymore. I have been playing SOF II for over 2 years and now all of a sudden an error with PB??

I have done 4 "clean installs" on two (2) different MAC computers.. only to have the same thing happen each time..

After about 10 minutes into the game, I get kicked with the message "INIT FAILURE" visit evenbalance.com ...or I just get kicked and a message "visit evenbalance.com" for PB update, etc.

After I download PB updates or download files manually the PUNKBUSTER option is LOCKED ie; it cannot be turned on??

Whatever this BUG is - PB does not let you enable PUNKBUSTER in the game menu (cannot choose "YES")

There is a group of about 12 (clan if you will) that all play on a MAC at the office during lunch (ok, not always at lunch:) and currently, NOT VERY HAPPY WITH PB ISSUE!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! :(

• 3 weeks later...

I realise this thread is a bit old now & you quite probably have already solved your problem but I'll post this anyhow!! :P

I had one of our clan members with exactly the same problem and after trying many things the only way we could fix it was to delete the sof2mp.cfg file from the games main directory and any subsequent mod folders, forcing the game to create new ones upon restarting.

This fixed the PB issue but unfortunately also removes any names, binds, etc that you may have set up and returns all settings to default. Drastic I know, but it worked!! ;)