Question

Lude22

Yes, you can stream to both, without issue. Just be aware that auto-updates will over-write your configs from one to another, so you'll likely want to use the manual update option on your servers, as both use the same config files, and each is different.

Yes, you can stream to both, without issue. Just be aware that auto-updates will over-write your configs from one to another, so you'll likely want to use the manual update option on your servers, as both use the same config files, and each is different.

What are the advantages to streaming to both Punksbusted and Pbbans?

What are the advantages to streaming to both Punksbusted and Pbbans?

Most people like to dual stream to keep even more hackers off their servers. Sometimes servers only stream to one or the other, so not all the hackers are added to both sites. Dual streaming will ensure that anyone caught on either site will not be able to join your server.

Personally, I don't dual stream because I don't like the extremely long ban list at PsB as well as their unupdated Md5 checks, both cause our servers to hang during startup and even crash at times. I have many other reasons as well, but I won't list them here. One thing I can say though: PBBans is the future of the world, so why go any other way? :D

And ONLY "cheat related" cvars

Is there any other banable cvar :P

There are cheats that run outside of the game directory for most PB supported games, and the features toggled on and off via cvar.

It all boils down to a choice thing I guess, thats why we leave it to the individual admin to decide wether to include cheat related cvar checks and bans via the options available in the MBI / MCI.

Yah so I thought, but I direct you to my thread. (requires access)

http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49333

We're in Respected Admins and Boookal from Psb is a member there also. I was just talking to him about the issue. You can expect an announcement real soon over at Psb about it. In the past, Respected Admins made a SBL Supplemental Ban List for Raven Shield, and I imagine we'll start making one now for CoD4, that will cover cvar checks that Psb isn't banning for. Just another reason why I am glad we stream to PBBans.