Dedicated Server

=GoMg=THE__DRIFTER

Guys we have several servers from AA, through CoD and beyond. We are having a terrible time with admin control. We need a way to kick and ban as will as some decent guide to the setup. I have played several times and just don't seem to be able to get the server set up correctly. Runs well but needs configuration tweaks. Any experienced admin / players are welcome to help out... :rolleyes:

Good place to start.Best guide on the net.They're a little old but hey so is ET

Server Guide

http://www.rtcw.jolt.co.uk/content/enemy_t...uide/index.html

Admin Guide

http://www.rtcw.jolt.co.uk/content/enemy_t...dmin_guide.html

Good Program to use for RCON noobs but I still use it :P

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront...le/RconIT;59086

Theres an lua mod for etpro called KMOD that I can get you a link for if the above doesn't help

Edited by ETL - evilzombie

Well that depends what you want etpro is more of a competition mod and some people say it lags less than etpub but etpub is alot more fun. Also it's good to get some maps not just the standart once but don't over do it otherwise people will not come. 9 maps is a good rotation.

Thanks a bunch all. Trying to provide a bit of something different for our users to take a break from CoD4. This was fun when we played it some time ago and it's still free... :rolleyes:

etpub is fun but...it's bloated & can be buggy.etpro runs much smoother but is minus all the bells & whistles of etpub which alot of people enjoy.

It's all in what your into, if you like n00bin it up with your buddies & having a good time etpub can be alot of fun if the server is setup right.etpro servers tend to be used more for comp & frequented by comp players.

If your looking to have a server with lots of visitors than your better off with etpub as 2.55 is much more available for download & many people don't know anything about patching up.

Note that for 2.55 servers I'd recommend you either:

- Rename your server config to something unguessable

- Set your rcon password in the startup line (+set rconpassword pass)

You only need to do one of the above, but it will help to prevent malicious clients from using an exploit to gain access to your servers rcon password.

-----------------------------

I run ETPub, and I like it a lot. However, ETPro has a lot of LUA plugins which add in new features very easily, such as spree sounds and admin abilities. You can also prevent your server from being flooded with fake players using this method in ETPro.

If you want a fun pub server for 'noobing it up', go for ETPub. If you want to attract more competetive players, go for ETPro. You can run a good pub server with ETPro, but it will most likely attract the more skilled players over the newer ones.

Jaymod's hitboxes are too big for my liking, but each to their own and there's nothing specifically wrong with the mod. NoQuarter's not to my taste at all. Insane amounts of downloads (over 20 mb) and I don't like the new weapons they added in.

Jaymod is highly configurable & often gets a bad rap cause most servers that run it, run it for all the extras & crank the noob dial to full.

Jaymod can be setup to almost mirror etpro but you'll be hard pressed finding a server that has it setup that way.

If your looking to have a server with lots of visitors than your better off with etpub as 2.55 is much more available for download & many people don't know anything about patching up.

After reading that again I should rephrase.....most people that download .55 aren't aware of the patches. ;)

Jaymod is highly configurable & often gets a bad rap cause most servers that run it, run it for all the extras & crank the noob dial to full.

Jaymod can be setup to almost mirror etpro but you'll be hard pressed finding a server that has it setup that way.

Do u know any server or can u link me to that type of server config? I would like to play on that server and/or would like to have that type of config.