kicked for walls question

Hello my server streams already but I never had accept md5 and cvar bans checked because I didnt know if it would ban for things like maxfps or commands like that, anyways a player was just kicked from the server for cvar wallhack 1, is that a cheat and if so can he still be banned??

post-122224-1215933687_thumb.jpg

Edited by weEzy

Hello my server streams already but I never had accept md5 and cvar bans checked because I didnt know if it would ban for things like maxfps or commands like that, anyways a player was just kicked from the server for cvar wallhack 1, is that a cheat and if so can he still be banned??

Let's get things straight right from the start Bro :)

The only cvar and md5 scans that PBBans issues bans for, are for cheat related cvars and md5 detections as per the PBBans MCI.

Now to the issue at hand :P

There are a lot of cheats out there that run outside of the game directory and the features are toggled on and off via cvar. (if the cheat is run outside of the game directory normal PB software will not pick it up)

Depending on your viewpoint, admins deal with this problem in a number of ways;

1. check the "enforce bans" flag via your team account options and run a true zero tolerance policy.(with this flag checked you do not need any accept flags checked, and you never need to download or update a banlist from PBBans.com)

2. check the "accept md5 bans" only and manually update your banlist. (this means cvar catches will be ignored)

3. check the "accept md5 bans" and "accept cvar bans" and manually update your banlist.(some admins prefer this because it gives them a modicum of control of their servers pbbans.dat)

The choice is yours :) true zero tolerance or this;

perfect_solution.jpg

Now, think about it, what did this player expect to happen when he manually entered wallhack 1 into his console, and more importantly what would you do as a server admin when you saw that command entered.

My reaction would be;

:ban_button:

team account flags explained:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49924

many thanks fozzer for taking the time to explain this .

me = noob ,,aiming to be an informed boon

np Bro, everyone started to admin servers in exactly the same position that you are in at the moment :)

There is a wealth of experienced admins to draw information from at PBBans and I am not talking about the staff, but other streaming admins who contribute to the forums by sharing their experience and knowledge.

It's a never ending learning curve and in my particular case I am still learning :P

Just keep at it and before you know were you are, you will be able to advise others in a similar vein.

I only became a server admin in February - and look where I am now :)

There is so much to learn here mate, and we all started off the same :) Never be afraid to ask questions; the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.

Ok I already had enforce bans checked but as for 2. and 3. I did not till now

2. check the "accept md5 bans" only and manually update your banlist. (this means cvar catches will be ignored)

3. check the "accept md5 bans" and "accept cvar bans" and manually update your banlist.(some admins prefer this because it gives them a modicum of control of their servers pbbans.dat)

How exactly do I manually update the banlist and what do I put in it?

Thanks for you're help

If you have just the "Enforce Bans" flag checked, then you need nothing else.

PBBans is your pbbans.dat ( ban list ). It reduces the work for your server to scan the banlist everytime someone connects. Since you dual stream to PsB also, you can let your pbbans.dat be for PsB and local use.

If you insist on downloading a copy of PBBans' list ==>> http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php

Edited by =GG= RocknRoll