Can't get server to stream. Bet you haven't heard that beforfe. :)

Timmyyy

I run a BF2 server. It is unranked, for running mods. It is hosted by gameservers.com.

IP 208.167.234.167:16567 PB is enabled and up to date.

I have tried 3 different setup methods, FTP, Auto config, and Rcon through BF2CC.

I have also followed all the troubleshooting steps linked to me by the Admin Fozer(thanks for trying to help me) but it is still not working.

Does anyone know any tips or tricks that have been overlooked, or annother BF2 server admin who has overcome similar issues?

I will be happy to provide further info, just let me know what you need to know.

If I wasn't already bald, I'd be pulling my hair out.

Thanks in advance

Can you post the content of your server's pbsv.cfg? Also, is 'pbucon.use' present in your server's pb directory?

Yes, 'pbucon.use' is in the pb folder. The folder was empty untill the pbucon.use pbsv.cfg files were put there. is that normal? PB is verified to be running on the server. there is also a 'pb_amd-64' and 'pb_ia-32' folder on the server, they both contain files.

Anyway, here is the contents of pbsv.cfg

; ------------------------------

; Notes

; Revision 1.1

; PBBans.com Universal pbsv.cfg

; Can be used for all PB enabled servers

; General Settings

pb_sv_MsgPrefix "^5PunkBuster Server"

pb_sv_MaxDlRate 4 //[KB/sec requested per file (default=4)]

pb_sv_MaxConDls 6 //[Concurrent downloads (default=1)]

pb_sv_MaxSendRate 8 // [speed at which PB Server sends pbcl and pbag updates in KBps (default=8)]

pb_sv_CQC 1 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=1)]

pb_sv_Sleep 60 //[# of Milliseconds (default=60)]

pb_sv_PowerMin 10 //[Power Points]

pb_sv_PowerDef 1 //[Power Points]

pb_sv_PowerKickLen 5 //[Minutes (default=5)]

pb_sv_DupNameGrace 0 //[seconds]

pb_sv_ExtChar 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_GuidRelax 0 //[1=UNKN, 2=WRONGIP, 4=DUP (add desired values)]

pb_sv_RconReload 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_LogSync 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_AutoUpdBan 1 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

; Other Settings

pb_sv_Restrictions 1 //[Kick for Restrictions 0=No, 1=Yes (default=1)]

pb_sv_FileWhitelist "" //[Folder Filename Filename ... Filename]

pb_sv_EmptyName 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_LogFloor 1 //[Low log filename serial #]

pb_sv_MinName 0 //[Min Characters in Player name (default=0)]

pb_sv_MaxName 0 //[Max Characters in Player name (default=0)]

pb_sv_LanMask "" //[iP Address Mask for LAN Players (default=)]

pb_sv_Lan 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_ChangePeriod 300 // For pb_sv_ChangeMax

pb_sv_ChangeMax 5 // [Max name changes allowed in pb_sv_ChangePeriod] ex 5 changes in 300 seconds

; Kick Settings

pb_sv_KickLen 5 //[Minutes (default=2)]

pb_sv_ScoreKick 0 //[Min score (negative) ]

pb_sv_UpdateGrace 2400 //[seconds to wait before Update Failure kick]

pb_sv_NoGuidGrace 10 //[seconds to wait before No GUID kick]

; PBSS Settings

pb_sv_AutoSs 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_SsFloor 1 //[Low screenshot filename serial #]

pb_sv_SsCeiling 2000 //[High screenshot filename serial #]

pb_sv_AutoSsFrom 300 //[Min # of seconds to wait before requesting next ss]

pb_sv_AutoSsTo 1200 //[Max # of seconds to wait before requesting next ss]

pb_sv_SsCmd "" //[Filename of system command to run after screenshots]

pb_sv_SsWidth 400 //[Requested pixel width of remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsHeight 204 //[Requested pixel height of remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsXpct 50 //[Percentage across screen for remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsYpct 50 //[Percentage down screen for remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsSrate 1 //[sample Rate for remote screenshots]

pb_sv_SsDelay 0 //[Maximum delay client waits before capturing screenshot]

pb_sv_SsPath "" //[Path where remote screenshots are saved]

pb_sv_ssLogging 3 //[1=Reg. Log, 2=SS Log, 3=Both, 0=Neither]

pb_sv_ssTimeout 300 //[seconds]

; Web Tool Settings

pb_sv_HttpPort 0 //[Port #]

pb_sv_HttpAddr "" //[External IP Address]

pb_sv_HttpKey "" //[Password]

pb_sv_HttpRefresh 30 //[seconds]

pb_sv_HttpMaps "" //[Map list (separate by spaces)]

pb_sv_HttpMapsPath "" //[Path where maps are loaded from in WebTool]

pb_sv_HttpColText1 "FFFFFF" //[Text Color #1 in WebTool (default=FFFFFF)]

pb_sv_HttpColText2 "0000FF" //[Text Color #2 in WebTool (default=0000FF)]

pb_sv_HttpColBack1 "000000" //

pb_sv_HttpColBack2 "808080" //

pb_sv_HttpColLine1 "FF0000" //[Line Color #1 in WebTool (default=FF0000)]

pb_sv_HttpColLine2 "0000FF" //[Line Color #2 in WebTool (default=0000FF)]

pb_sv_HttpColMsg "FF0000" //[Message Color in WebTool (default=FF0000)]

pb_sv_HttpShowGuid 1 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

; CVAR Settings (Only for supported games)

pb_sv_CvarFreq 3 //[# of range checks per minute]

pb_sv_CvarLogging 1 //[1=Reg. Log, 2=Var Log, 3=Both, 0=Neither]

pb_sv_CvarWalk 2 //[0=disabled, 1-4=Walk through obtained Cvar lists]

pb_sv_CvarUserPulse 99 //[Frequency to auto-send CvarUser (minutes)]

pb_sv_CvarChangedPulse 60 //[Frequency to auto-send CvarChanged (minutes)]

; Alias Settings (Only for supported games)

pb_sv_AliasFn "pbalias.dat" //[Filename (default="pbalias.dat")]

pb_sv_AliasAutoLoad 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_AliasMax 10 //[Max # of Aliases to track for each PB GUID]

pb_sv_AliasMaxEnforce 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

; PB Tasks (pb_sv_task [start delay (seconds)] [repeat (seconds)] [command])

pb_sv_task 0 7200 pb_sv_ver // Keep-Alive for PBBans Hub

pb_sv_task 0 86400 pb_sv_update // Check for PB updates daily

; Badname List (pb_sv_badname [grace_period_secs] [disallowed text])

pb_sv_badnameempty

;pb_sv_badname 10 server // Sample

; IP Guard

;pb_sv_ipguard 128.0.0.1 // Sample

; Cvar List

pb_sv_cvarempty

; Protected Tags

pb_sv_protecttag 1 PBSTAFF

pb_sv_protecttag 1 PBBans

; Load Ban List

pb_sv_banempty

pb_sv_banload

; Load IP Bans

;pb_sv_banmask "128.0.0.1" // Sample

; PB UCON Settings / Lists

pb_sv_usessionlimit 8

pb_sv_ucontimeout 90

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

pb_sv_uconadd 1 64.27.21.46 "pbbanshub" "pbbanshub"

; Exec Configs

pb_sv_load pbsvuser.cfg

pb_sv_load pbsvlog.cfg

Edited by Timmyyy

You say that the PB folder was empty until you put the pbucon.use and pbsv.cfg files were in there?

May I suggest that you reinstall PB to the server? Could be a corrupt install as the folder should have more files in it than that.

Also, are you streaming to anywhere else with the server? Perhaps a cfg conflict is causing the issue.

We will be able to get the server streaming eventually Im sure - just may take a little working it out. The PB folder doesnt sound right though.

Feel free to come onto IRC to speak to staff for help.

Cheers

@(*0*)@

It might depend on the host, but a ticket to them should get pb re-installed for you, or here's an alternate method that should work just fine.

You'll need to create a few folders, first of all.

In order: a folder named dll, a folder named svlogs, and a folder named svss.

For now, leave these folders empty.

Head over to this Link and download the following files.

For the htm files, you'll that I left out of the list, create one on your desktop for ease of upload via ftp, and then right click on all of the htm files pertaining to Admin or Client. Ignore the one labelled Players, and choose Save Target As to the htm folder on your desktop.

Download the latest pbsvnew.so (for linux servers) or pbsvnew.dll (for Windows servers), which-ever pertains to yours.

Now, upload the whole htm folder, with the freshly downloaded htm files inside into your pb folder on the server, as well as the pbsvnew.so or .dll to just the pb folder itseld, outside of all the other folders.

Login to rcon on your server, and type the command, /pb_sv_update and wait 90 seconds, then type /pb_sv_restart, wait 20 seconds, and then type /pb_sv_ver from rcon to make sure you're indeed running the latest version of pb.

By doing the above, you should effectively be able to create all the needed files for pb to be running properly on your server. Give initiating streaming another try, and post back the results.

Hope this helps. I've had to do this myself in the past with a similar issue on a server hosted by gameservers.com, and it worked just fine.

The re-install idea was a good one sis. :)

Yeah, For gameservers, sometimes they don't install PB with your server purchase, so just put in a ticket, and 20 or so min after it is replied to, you should have pb running correctly.

Yeah, For gameservers, sometimes they don't install PB with your server purchase, so just put in a ticket, and 20 or so min after it is replied to, you should have pb running correctly.

+1, my experience as well, it might be that simple.

Hmmm. the folders you mentioned RoadWarrior are in the 'pb_amd-64' not the folder marked "pb"

PB was not activated by default on my server, but I put in a ticket at gameservers and it was activated before I applied here. In the BF2 serverlist in game, it does show PB as enabled on it.

I think that gameservers uses Dell servers with AMD cpu's...so this sorta makes sense.

So when I follow your steps, should I use the 'pb_amd_64' folder or should all this stuff be in the 'pb' folder as well? I'll also ask the same questions to the admin at gameservers.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Im not an expert by any means - But I would presume that if you used the ftp method for configuring streaming on the server and uploaded the pbsv.cfg and pbucon.use file into the folder named pb_amd_64 then that should work, alternatively you could ask to have the pb_amd_64 folder renamed to pb and put the relevant files in there, that would work as well but requires another support ticket..

I dont think the folder name makes much difference as long as all the files are in the correct directory. i.e pbucon.use and pbsv.cfg need to be in the same folder as the rest of the pb files.

Let us know if that works :)

@(*0*)@

The folder, from my own experience(although there's always room to learn something new ;) ) is that the folder being targetted is to be named pb in lower-case.

In my own case, the pb folder was not even there, yet the server showed as running an old version of pb. The method I described above worked perfectly for me.

I would simple create the pb folder from ftp, and then follow my directions above. You can always remove it if it is not your fix. Not sure about BF2 games, but for my ET and COD4 servers, both hosted at gameservers.com, in the mods section there is a button to update pb as well. Could give that a shot, as it should basically do the same thing.

At the time when I had to manually install it, that button did not exist.

Keep us informed. :)

On a PB enabled server, the command pb_sv_homepath when executed via rcon, will tell you exactly were your PB directory is located etc etc, and more importantly, exactly were all your PB cfg's / files etc should be placed.

You'll need to create a few folders, first of all.

In order: a folder named dll, a folder named svlogs, and a folder named svss.

so create the 'svlogs' folder in the 'dll' folder, then create 'svss' in 'svlogs'?

also, gameservers told me that the pb_amd_64 folder is normal depending on the hardware on the server. they also told me that the pb folder is linked to the pb_amd_64 folder. so it should work as it is....i am trying the steps that RoadWarrior left

Edited by Timmyyy

Send the rcon command:

pb_sv_homepath

As fozzer stated, this will give you the exact folder to place the streaming configs into.

I entered this command into bf2cc, did not get any info back.

I have read that BF2CC does not return responses for BF2 servers.

... no responses to pb_sv_* ("custom" in bf2cc jargon) commands http://www.evenbalance.com/publications/bf...m#commsettings:

Most Server Admins remotely control their game servers via the admin facility built into the game. While the PunkBuster Server is also addressed this way, due to limitations of the game engine no PB Server command will display a response.

... but you could still look it up in the pb-server Logs located in /pb/svlogs/000000##.log (here we go again comes to mind) but it's not worth really, it does not exactly what i would call "help" :

BF2142.png

you are looking at a (streaming) gameservers.com bf2142 server and the pb-log response to HLSW-RCon:6711 exec pb_sv_homepath , Note the CWD (change dir to /pb) command and PWD (list current dir /:/pb_ia-32 = active pb directory) response. But from what i saw gameservers setups are somewhat "random" and pb is out of the box = too old to autoupdate.

Before you go any futher i would recommend you file a ticket to ask gameservers.com if they firewalled the server, Quote: "The PB webadmin not being accessible is caused by the fact we have blocked all ports outside the range 9000-9050 at our firewall. GameServers.com Support" first; in case yes, you are wasting your time trying to stream such a server.

Before you go any futher i would recommend you file a ticket to ask gameservers.com if they firewalled the server, Quote: "The PB webadmin not being accessible is caused by the fact we have blocked all ports outside the range 9000-9050 at our firewall. GameServers.com Support" first; in case yes, you are wasting your time trying to stream such a server.

I did this, and they do indeed have a firewall in place, but they also told me if I knew which port(s) need to be open, they can look into that for me. So, anyone know what ports need to be opened?

I did this, and they do indeed have a firewall in place, but they also told me if I knew which port(s) need to be open, they can look into that for me. So, anyone know what ports need to be opened?

all ports outside the range 9000-9050 from above post.

They have that info, on-hand, I believe, if they look at how your server is set up. Might have to query the staff-member there that set it up personally. Check your initial e-mail response and who told you your server was set up for that info. Or just keep bumping the ticket until they push a little harder on their side of things.

all ports outside the range 9000-9050 from above post.

They have that info, on-hand, I believe, if they look at how your server is set up. Might have to query the staff-member there that set it up personally. Check your initial e-mail response and who told you your server was set up for that info. Or just keep bumping the ticket until they push a little harder on their side of things.

I got it streaming. Turns out it had nothing to do with the firewall. I just had to get Gameservers to update pb manually. Once that was done, the logs started showing up. I then re-coppied a backup of pbsv.cfg and pbucon.use to that folder. I am now streaming.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Noob hosters eh :rolleyes:

10 out of 10 for persistence Timmyyy, I'm glad this issue got resolved and I'm sure you wont regret choosing PBBans.com as your choice of streaming partner.

Welcome aboard m8 :welcomeani: