Disappointing Results.

Gutsdozer

Hello all,

I have only been streaming our BF2142 server for roughly a week and a half. Prior to this it never really took more than a half an hour to an hour to get the server running. After we got the server streaming and advertised "THIS SERVER IS STREAMING" it's never been the same. We have only been able to get it running a handfull of times since then. Even then we've only had 10-15 people at the most. Whereas before it was no biggie to get 30'ish players. Maybe it's just coincidence.....I don't know. I have also noticed that there arn't those regular players that were "Really Good" showing up anymore. Has anybody else had this happen to thier server after getting it streaming? don't get me wrong. It's great to keep cheaters out and keep it a level playing field. Im not saying streaming to pbbans.com has killed my server either. I guess I am just a bit discouraged and was wondering if im alone in thinkning that BF2142 hacking really that out of hand...

Simple solution is to remove the streaming advertisement and see how many of those absentee "really good" players come back and raise no violations :P

Streaming a full 64 players server takes up about 4kb of bandwidth, so actual streaming is never a problem.

The one thing you have to make sure of is that the server is running the correct MD5 scans;

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-cvarmd5guide.html

Cheaters actively search out servers that have pb disabled or do not stream to a reputable anti cheat site, so rest assured, your doing the right thing Bro :)

My clan runs 3 2142 servers. On one of our servers I have the welcome messages active and it really displays that we stream to pbbans everywhere. I find that we don't catch many hackers anymore in that server. But on one of our other server we usually catch one every week. Its something with the advertising that you stream to pbbans that discourages hackers from joining.

I find that my regulars love the fact that we stream to pbbans and thats one of the main reasons they join my clans servers.

Thanks for the input. O and thanks for catching that ***hole Black-Baller! Myself and a couple friends hate that guy! Im not going to stop streaming but on the other hand....what good does a dead server do me...

Ive been trying popular map rotations and that sort of thing. It doesnt seem to make a difference. I guess time will tell.

Simple solution is to remove the streaming advertisement and see how many of those absentee "really good" players come back and raise no violations :P

Hahaha. :lol:

Edited by RAMC