GUID Banned - 2nd Hand game

MiB001

A friend of mine has bought COD4 second hand and cannot get into Punkbuster enabled games because his GUID is on the MBI for "VIOLATION (MD5TOOL) 9002" I have checked here to see if it could be appealled but it says that an appeal has already been made and after trying to sort it out with Even Balance they have told me that I have to contact you here at PBBans because they are "not affiliated" with you.

The main reasons I'm here are because I'm one of our team founders, his PC repairer/builder, the guy is pretty much PC illiterate but a damn good player and I want him to be able to play online and have a fair chance

Oh and I want him on my team

Any help with this would be gratefuly accepted and I will provide any information I can

Edited by MiB001

I really don't think PBBans will lift the ban so your friend can play. Your friend bought a used game, the GUID is based off the CD-Key which has been banned.

It is honestly best not to ever purchase used PC games if you wish to play online with them.

In my opinion the best course of action is to purchase a new game from a reputable source. :)

the ban in question will not be removed. The file caught is used with multiple hacks on top of the fact that the IP range is very similar leading me to believe it is not second hand.

the ban in question will not be removed. The file caught is used with multiple hacks on top of the fact that the IP range is very similar leading me to believe it is not second hand.

See now this bit in bold is just what I expected after a good while trawling the forums to see if I could find an answer before asking, you guys go of what you want to believe and don't care about anything or anyone else

The game is second hand

Seriously I could go off on one and say loads but I aint gonna give you the pleasure, but I will say that I dont see how you guys can have the right to run this site and decide whether or not someone has the right to play this game on PB enabled servers when you don't even make the damn software in the first place

Oh and mentioning the IP range are you for real even my IP is not that far from the ones on the ban so that excuse doesn't fly (or at least with me it doesn't)

not gonna get anywhere argueing about it your reason was given he is welcome to play on non pb enabled servers...Should have just bought a brand new copy

he is welcome to play on non pb enabled servers

Get real thats not playing thats getting your **** kicked to the dust and no fun at all and doesn't help him come on our server, BTW did you even read my post about COD Waw nearly out???

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-fecf633e-vb92336.html

As for not buying a 2nd hand game, the guy was only thinking "why buy new when COD WaW is out soon" and I have to say I agreed with him, I wouldnt pay full price for a new copy of COD4 right now even if I did need it

The chance you take when buying any game second hand is that the pbguid could be on the banlist of a major anti cheat site or globally banned by EvenBalance.

The only thing that concerns us is the 32 hexadecimal pbguid that is generated by the game cd key.

There is no doubt that a player with the pbguid of 0ff09e416215b821d109b201fecf633e was detected with cheat files in his game directory on a PBBans protected server.

The ban is therefore valid and will not be removed from the MBI.

A trace of the banned players IP leads to exactly the same place your posting from so maybe you can pop round and tell him why he can not play cod4 with his "second hand" game.

Nothing more to be said, so topic closed.