News on 1.50

surfy

Q: What are your thoughts of cheating in your games?

A: Cheating is a big problem, especially in online games as its human nature to want the advantage over other players; some do it with practice and skill, others feel cheating is the only way. Some people are just out to spoil it for others. It is something that we take very seriously and are always working to stop it from happening as much as possible.

Possible CVAR checks as well as Hardware Bans?

Q: What can be done to prevent cheating in the future?

A: We will always be looking at ways of stopping as much cheating as we can with the help of Evenbalance and GameSpy as well as making updates to stop as many cheats as we can. While there is a benefit to cheating, people will keep on doing it so I don

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Firstly, sorry I have been away for so long, its been a busy time. So here as per request in a number of threads here is an update to where we are with 1.50.

* Yes its still coming

* We have been working on a few things to do with DRM as old versions of Battlefield 2 use an old version of SafeDisc

* We have had a number of last minute hacks appear which we have made fixes for to help stabilise the servers.

* We have a minor issue to solve with the Chinese version of the game.

While I can't give an exact date, we are aiming to release our first Beta towards the end of April '09 as long as everything else goes well.

What we are looking at doing for Battlefield is removing the requirement for the DVD to be in the drive during boot up. Whether we can get this going is what we are checking. It won't limit your installs on other machines or limit how many times you can install though.

==================

Changelog Update v1.50

==================

FEATURES

- Additional support for Windows Vista.

- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.

- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.

- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.

- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".

- Various changes made to prevent cheating.

- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.

There is no information on which hacks we have dealt with or how but there are quite a few. There is also another item missing from the list for legal reasons and will be a case of knowing it when the update comes out for Beta.

Bazajaytee - Associate Producer

378403-bazajaytee.gif?dateline=1223454371

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlef...-50-status.html

I'm personally disappointed on how long it's taking to get a "patch" out. I know it takes time and all, but this is getting ridiculous.

There is a 2 letter reply that just about covers everything;

EA :P

There is a 2 letter reply that just about covers everything;

EA :P

Yeah so true :P They'd rather spend cash on marketing their new games instead of ensuring the playability of their others.