multi guid?

jam

hey all, im having a prob with a bf2 server that has banned me for multi guid associated with my ip. they said they searched my ip at pbbans and it came back with 3 guids of which one was caught for something bad(dont know what???) i dont really understand why. i only use one account to play. i bought 2 copies of bf2, the original and the deluxe.(and the expansions) can someone offer some advice on how to look into this? i will of course give more info if someone is interested in helping me. thank you.

thank you for taking the time to answer, i really appreciate it. do you mean that the cd key from the disc is the guid? sorry for the noobish questions, i like to play but am not a compwhiz. so that means that i apparently registered 3 copies of bf2 from my comp/ip?

Edited by jam

cd key that comes with the disk is encrypted in a way to make up your guid, from looking up your IP that you used on the forums you have 3 guids linked to you all with the same name, so yeah I would say you have 3 cd keys..

-Dan

ok. i have 2 copies of bf1942(single and complete), 2 copies of bf2(original and deluxe) and one bf2142. would that have anything to do with 3 guids? or are they all from bf2? i also have the expansions for bf2 on disk, spec forces and the booster packs collection( armored fury and euro force)

Edited by jam

As Iceman said previously, a search against your IP used here in the forums shows three BF2 GUIDs. All three GUIDs have matching aliases which leads one to believe all three GUIDs belong to the same person.

thank you for taking the time to respond to my noobish questions, i really appreciate it. but i still dont understand why they would say one was caught for something?? thanks again, i guess ill go back one more time to clear my name.

they said my ip is tied to a banned account? and that i need proof from pbbans to get the ban lifted. thank you iceman and merlintime for taking the time to look into my situation. happy new year and good gaming to everyone.

Edited by jam

This is what our MPI (Master Player Index) shows for you:

attachment removed by request.

I do not see a linked ban to any of the pbguid's either here or at PsB.

Do you have a clan forum link we could maybe look at ?

Do you have the server address of were you are banned from ?

Ask the server admin to contact us.

thank you fozzer for taking the time to look into this situation. happily, an admin has looked at this thread and my pb info? again and is satisfied that this was a misunderstanding and has lifted the ban. i strongly support pb and what it does for gaming despite any little setbacks such as the one that i encountered. while the ban was only at one server, i dont like my name sullied even in the gaming world. i thank everyone at pbbans for doing an excellent job, keep up the good work.

sgtrokk22

i was the one who was looking into this ban for him when i came across the alias that was linked by ip i was tired at the time of the search and didnt use all the resources at my disposal to do a good enough job at what i usualy do for my clan and i am sorry for that

we started banning for multi guids before we started streaming becuase there were just too many damn hackers crashing our servers once we started to do that we had less crashes and less hackers in the server once we started streaming i have changed the way i look people up when they have 4 to 5 guids i usually look them up by alias then there ip but this time i had a brain fart on some sort and screwed up

here is a link to the forum topic

http://www.infexxxious.com/modules.php?nam...amp;p=1680#1680

Ok here's how misunderstandings happen. Searching MPI by alias. If you have someone crash your server, use your logs get their GUID - ban that and then use that GUID for an MPI search instead. It is much more reliable.