Mouse Wheel Question

Godzillla

on a mouse some people have a wheel. If you set this up you can make semi automatic weapons to shot fully auto.

I have my "fire" bound to the left mouse button and the scroll wheel down. When I use the pistol I use the scroll wheel. This is not an offense to PB or PBBans as far as I know. The only time I have ever had trouble with it, was when I had my server streaming to the Airdale Ops Network.

You will find that many server admins do not allow this.

Even though it can be setup within the game. many view it as an unfair advantage and scan for it.

If all you do is play on your own server than you have nothing to worry about.

I have my "fire" bound to the left mouse button and the scroll wheel down. When I use the pistol I use the scroll wheel. This is not an offense to PB or PBBans as far as I know. The only time I have ever had trouble with it, was when I had my server streaming to the Airdale Ops Network.

Correct, we do not ban for those, neither do PB.

But it is for sure an cheap way to play, and "Everyone else does it" do not compute for me ;)

This is why we used to run the combined scripts on our servers. It isn't bad enough that the pistol is a sniper weapon but to then bring it to near full auto speed by attaching it to a mouse wheel just speaks for the type of players we were glad to see leave. Granted its in the game; just like jumping into a "power up, level up, etc" server in CoD5. I find it amusing that people using these servers brag about the "prestige" after ranking to that magic point to get those levels. Where is the "prestige"? Drop in on of these servers stay for 2 hours and you have reached 65. Players like myself that play on servers as intended are at a disadvantage. I do not think any weapon intended for single, burst, semi-auto fire should ever be attached to anything that can alter its fire rate. If you have a fast finger thats great. If you are using some form of "tool" ... to get around it then you deserved to be kicked at a minimum. Sure I know its in the games; just like the rest of the holes in the code, but in my opinion one that should not be used. <_>