Windows 7 Has Been Released to Manufacturing

MaydaX

I am pleased to announce that Windows 7 has RTM’d!

As I mentioned previously, RTM officially happens only after sign-off occurs. What happens is a build gets designated as a RTM contender after going through significant testing and meeting our quality bar for RTM. Then, it goes though all the validation checks required for RTM including having all languages of that build completed. If all the validation checks have passed – sign-off for RTM can occur. Today after all the validation checks were met, we signed off and declared build 7600 as RTM.

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/...ufacturing.aspx

From the beta's to the RC I found that at least in general testing this OS seems to be decent. While I am no supporter of Windows it seems as though they have listened and it runs well. No one knows how it will be bloated on release but so far I am willing to spend the money when I build my new system this fall. I hope it isn't a disappointment but heck after wasting my money on CoD 5 I am willing to give it a fair shot. :rolleyes:

I have been running the 64 bit RC for about a month now. Haven't updated past that since punkbuster doesn't work on most of the higher builds. Will most likely be investing when it releases.

I have been running the 64 bit RC for about a month now. Haven't updated past that since punkbuster doesn't work on most of the higher builds. Will most likely be investing when it releases.

Works for BF2 on the RTM which I got completely legit... honest... you have to run it on Vista Service Pack2

Edited by Piggy

I'll stick with Ubuntu I think. It boots up far faster than the Windows 7 BETA ever did, and everything runs a lot quicker aswell :)

Don't get me wrong Blackwolf; I love Ubuntu although I must confess I am a bit green in its usage. I would run Linux or a derivative any day if it were to support all the programs I use but since most are a bit dicey at best I cannot rely on that Os. For many regular activities I do it is fine. If I am mistaken here please tell me so and then pm me how to fix this issue. I do agree with the Os load time though. Very fast... :)