new server

can someone here tell me why years of dedicated streaming and now a dropped host\new host\ip are taking so long to stream again and our admin spot dropped ? No offense but we've been dedicated to this place for years and a co leader of mine has sent in the new info ,,all we did was switch ip's and our status got dropped and we're still not streaming...how bout this? get it fixed . I've been here for god knows how many years now, i like the place and respect the elders here who built it,,i dont appreciate my status being dropped or my clans status from a simple ip switch especially seeing how my co told people here we were doing it. Please fix the issue. Thank you

You have to setup the streaming on your end no PBBans, your anger is completely uncalled for.

Piggy read the date under my name and when i started streaming here..trust me,,its called for when your here half the time i've been then reply.....until then the higher ups know me,,they can reply

Well first of all the change of forum status is automatic. If you don't have a server streaming for a period of (I think) 3 days, you automatically get moved from SGA to member.

Second, as Piggy said above, streaming problems are always on your end. Make sure you have the server ip (and port) correct in your team account. Try the webtool or the Non Streaming Fix to get your server streaming again.

Tim what you do gotta realize is no matter how long you spend here at pbbans once the system finds out that you have no streaming servers it will demote you till servers get added then it might take a couple hrs once they get streaming for the system to realize your streaming again then you get bumped to sga again. The quickest way to get everything back is hop on the irc and ask for a staff there are plenty of us around that can approve servers and manually set you to sga.

Thank you Big_guy for your reply,,its much appreciated... many servers later {all streaming btw} i'm hoping it was an error on one of my co leaders parts.... we've only done this hmmm 20 times in the past 4 years..... i love seeing all these new names,,,wheres fozzer, maydax, mrx, foxx or Ace when needed...i miss them people....

I dont mean to come off complaining here,, after all this time of being here you'd think i'd know how to do all this....

I'm hoping to be streaming again before the AM tomm ...a simple IP switch on my behalf shouldnt have come to this...if it is an error on my clans behalf i do appologise,,,, all these years of streaming and to see i'm colored in blue kind of makes all this time worth that much more......

Thank you UR also for the reply,,,i'm a busy man at work lately and w\ family lately so thats why i have co's do this,,my top sof2 co has tried repeatedly to correct this and finally contacted me...i'm just trying to resolve it now,,i know the setup procedure better then the back of my hand,,i even helped Fox write parts of it,,,thats why i'm a bit un relaxed on why its taking this ammt of time....btw,,Fox was an important figure here so thats why i mentioned him,,hes a bit before you guys came along.

Edited by Tim

Tim, what is the new server IP and port? Some light might be shed on the issue that way, as we can aim our attention at it directly. A suggestion, perhaps you've already employed it, too. Make sure PB is up to date on the server. Being as it's an older game, and my experience with older games such as ET, the server itself would not update without a bit of help. Head to evenbalance.com and grab the latest versions of the required server pb files, and then upload them to your server, and re-start pb, or reboot the server. Then run the automated setup tool linked to above, in this thread, and see what the results are.

We are here to help, and do care, so let's work at it, with some server info, and things you've tried to use to get streaming back in action, so that we can narrow down potential fixes.

RW

Hi Tim,

If you take a look at this topic;

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?sho...=100127&hl=

You will see that firstly 174.37.202.122:20100 was added to your team acccount (which I presume was a typo) it's totally timed out / dead.

Then 174.37.209.123:20100 was added, which has PB disabled. (still disabled at this moment in time)

A lot of our systems are automated now, so an automatic downgrade in forum status was applied because you do not have a server attached to your team account that is streaming.

None streaming issues are always client side, once we approve a server and its added to your account, our work is done.

Solution:

Enable / update PB on server 174.37.209.123:20100.

Resend the Hub streaming initiation commands.

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html

or

http://www.pbbans.com/account/webtool.php

Make sure you are running the relevant cvar / md5 scans;

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-cvarmd5guide.html

Sit back and relax

sy just a note we are talking about

174.37.209.122:20100

not 123 in the end of the adress

That server is showing as offline (as fozzer previously stated).

PBBans_Server_IP_Check_174.37.209.122_20100.png

You'll need to ensure the server is properly running, has Punkbuster enabled, and streaming entered in your configs.

sy just a note we are talking about

174.37.209.122:20100

not 123 in the end of the adress

Now, 174.37.209.122:20100 is up and running, but not configured for Hub streaming.

Solution:

Send the Hub streaming initiation commands to the server as outlined above.

174.37.209.123:20100 is still added to your team account and still has PB disabled.