Call of Duty7:Black Ops

CosmicBlue

Call of Duty®: Black Ops Goes Hot on November 9, 2010

Fans to See Sneak Peek Tonight of the Most-Anticipated Entertainment Title of the Year

SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 30, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- DECLASSIFIED: Prepare for the follow-up to the biggest entertainment launch in history: on November 9th Call of Duty®: Black Ops will introduce fans to the elite world of Black Ops. Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and award-winning developer Treyarch will take players behind enemy lines in an entirely new chapter in the groundbreaking and record-setting, No. 1 first-person action series of all-time.

"We can't wait for our community to experience Call of Duty: Black Ops," said Mark Lamia, Studio Head for Treyarch. "We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts."

For more information, visit http://www.callofduty.com/blackops immediately following the game's appearance on GameTrailers TV on Spike this Friday and also, via Twitter at JD_2020.

"We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts."

YaY! Maybe this will make up for that POS MW2!

I sure hope so...... :eek:

And another game with a $59 price tag. All the MW2 idiots need to burn in hell for showing a $59 price tag works.

Call of Duty: Black Ops by Activision Publishing

Platform: Windows Vista / XP

Price: $59.99

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=77795

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Black-Ops-Pc/dp/B003JVF728/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1272672779&sr=1-2

Makes sense, we get console ports anyway so I guess they need to price them as such.

• Upvote 1

Several online retailers have begun taking Pre-Orders!

I'll pass...... :shock:

I won't even consider buying it til it's released, and we see what it's got and what it doesn't. And I doubt that I'll pay $59.99 for it - $49.99 is my limit!

btw - I watched the trailer. Not much there - just a teaser.

Rumor had it that it was going to be a conflict after WWII, but before modern day.

From the little the trailer showed, it looked like it might be set in Vietnam....??

Just guessing by the weapons and helicopter. Also showed a soldier with a bandana ala Rambo and Bradock's Nam movies. (Stallone & Norris)

Can any of you weapons/helicopter experts determine which war/conflict this game takes place in?

Should've asked CB :P

UH H1 Hueys

AH 1 Cobras

NVA style uniforms holding AK47's

Wooden river boats with bamboo cover

Palm trees

Certinly reminiscent of a police action in an undisclosed SE Asiain country.

Certinly reminiscent of a police action in an undisclosed SE Asiain country.

I'd almost say it's both modern and non-modern time :blink:

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

True that. Maybe black ops through the various wars or "flashback" missions like the Lt. Price and Chernobyl one from CoD4?

Black Ops:

Black Operations or Black Ops are covert operations typically involving activities that are highly clandestine, and often outside of standard military protocol.

Black Ops missions often fit into the deniable category, a situation in which there is no claim of responsibility for the action, and/or a false flag operation is used to give the appearance that another faction was responsible, or

Black Ops missions often fit into the deniable category, a situation in which there is no claim of responsibility for the action, and/or a false flag operation is used to give the appearance that another faction was responsible, or

Black Ops seems cool.

Wasn't happy with MW2, got boring fast for me, no dedi servers.

Also when it released, PC version was about 44 euros in the german store.

On other consoles like PS3 or xBox it was for 60 bucks.

Also on steam they sold the PC edition for 60 bucks.. and with a delay of 2 days.. (no comment :x)

So Black Ops sounds cool, dedi server support, will watch the reviews..

But ye the makers aren't the guys from Infinity Ward (most of them got fired :o, and made some other 'label').. the makers of it were the same who made cod 5, 3, 1..

All these games were the second world war etc.

So this should be the first 'future war release' of them. (Treyarch or so they are called)

So it might be not such a big revolution though.. might be..

But ye if it will be available again for 44/45 euros.. and will be looking like a CoD4 modification instead a MW2 one, i will definately buy it :)

And i hope i didn't spread out some wrong info here though ^^

Edited by sUNBLAST

True that. Maybe black ops through the various wars or "flashback" missions like the Lt. Price and Chernobyl one from CoD4?

Hey Chalky - I think you "Hit the nail on the head"! or as you Brits say "Spot on'! :D

After viewing the trailer again, it appears to me that with the lab equipment scenes, they've got a former Black Op agent in the lab and are "mind-probing' his memories.

So, I'm guessing that the game missions will take place in more than one war/conflict/country - maybe Vietnam, South America, Middle East, etc. - cool! B)

Hey Chalky - I think you "Hit the nail on the head"! or as you Brits say "Spot on'! :D

I think that was Pagan :D Im the one with "remarkable restraint" I think was you phrase :P and now you have made me use two smilies in one sentance!

• 2 weeks later...

CoD: Black Ops Will Have Dedicated Servers, Controllable Vehicles

Infinity Ward spawned one of the bigger controversies in gaming last year when they announced the PC version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 would use peer-to-peer matchmaking in lieu of traditional dedicated servers. That's a history that won't be repeating itself with Call of Duty: Black Ops, though, as Treyarch president Mark Lamia has confirmed they're sticking with dedicated servers. "I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to see them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to," Lamia said to PC Zone magazine (via CVG). "It seems people like them and we're excited about what we're doing right now."

Even still, Lamia also said they're working on bringing some of the console matchmaking features to their dedicated servers, while maintaining the customizable nature of the dedicated server experience. "We do work very hard to reconcile the desire to manipulate and modify those dedicated servers with offering them the persistent experience and benefits that the console system provides," Lamia said. "We're working very hard to marry those two things, so people can run dedicated servers and also participate in the communal experience the console players get to have, given they're all on first-party servers."

Meanwhile, CVG also reports that a new Black Ops preview in the Official Xbox Magazine reveals the game won't just have vehicles the player rides in, but can control entirely. This apparently includes the SR-71 Blackbird we've previously heard about (and which was previously unclear whether it was entirely in the player's control or not), as well as helicopters that the mag "stresses" are fully controllable, which will even provide helicopter-vs-hellicopter air battles.

Call of Duty: Black Ops is launching on the PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii on November 9.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179306

With Dedicated Servers it's already better than Modern Warfare 2.

(In the event that it becomes a massive failure - no one has the right to quote the above ;))

Edited by Everson