Server lags

Hobbyalkoholiker

hi guys,

i got since the last server update for bc2 server lags and i asked my hoster (4Netplayers) where they come from. they told me its cause of some problems of the pbbans streaming. there gonna be a fix soon or is that even true cause i dont rly trust the support of 4net?

Streaming itself causes no lag. It uses very little bandwidth.

Possible causes:

1) PB is not properly configured (solution would be to replace it with a copy from our MCi: http://www.pbbans.com/mci-view-bfbc2-pbsv-36.html )

2) The server provider has crappy hardware

3) The server provider has too many servers on one root

~

/*Pisi*/

• Upvote 3

thx guys, its just kinda confusing cause everything worked fine before last server update and i didnt changed something on the cfg or so

Streamign itself does not cause lag. If it does than the host has serious bandwidth issues.

Reason streaming is often blamed for lag is because when people start streaming they modify PB settings for pbss, md5 or cvar checks, add a very large banlist (which will lag a bit when the file is being written to when bans are removed).

• Upvote 1

yea well, i change my server provider anyway cause i dont like the unfriendly support etc of 4netplayers^^. also loaded again the cfg up and its still lagging so fuk it lol. thx anyway guys

Give us a shot. We've got servers in Germany and many are quite happy with them and streaming here as well. ;) You also won't ever hear us stating that streaming, scripts, or other non-sense causes poor performance.

• Upvote 1

hi guys,

i got since the last server update for bc2 server lags and i asked my hoster (4Netplayers) where they come from. they told me its cause of some problems of the pbbans streaming. there gonna be a fix soon or is that even true cause i dont rly trust the support of 4net?

Give us a shot. We've got servers in Germany and many are quite happy with them and streaming here as well. ;) You also won't ever hear us stating that streaming, scripts, or other non-sense causes poor performance.

If Live says hes got servers in Europe, I'd suggest you give them a try. Cant speak to their servers in Europe, but we do rent one of our servers from them, state side. Their support staff has been very helpful in addressing various aspects of our rental package. If your unhappy w/ your provider, what do you have to loose?

Good luck.

• Upvote 1

If Live says hes got servers in Europe, I'd suggest you give them a try. Cant speak to their servers in Europe, but we do rent one of our servers from them, state side. Their support staff has been very helpful in addressing various aspects of our rental package. If your unhappy w/ your provider, what do you have to loose?

Good luck.

+1 give Live and low ping game server's a shot.We've had 2 BC2 server's up and running and have had no problems what so ever with them.

Edited by wth
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a good provider in Canada or the US. We currently use Gameserves and find the lag is out of control sometimes. I have members asking to stop streaming with PBBANS because it's causing our server to lag out.. When gameserver tech support is asked they say many things like our mod(awe), PBBANS and so on... thanks in advance.. B)

Does anyone know of a good provider in Canada or the US. We currently use Gameserves and find the lag is out of control sometimes. I have members asking to stop streaming with PBBANS because it's causing our server to lag out.. When gameserver tech support is asked they say many things like our mod(awe), PBBANS and so on... thanks in advance.. B)

Again... http://lowpinggameservers.com/games.php ;)

Have several server types from them and they usually run without issue.