denied stream

edelweiss800

i rented a server on sunday afternoon with a ts server,made a website applied for a pb stream but got denied on the grounds of site inactivity ,my clan was only 3 days old:) thought this was a bit harsh tbh .would like some help

This is because, based on past experience, people have applied to stream and just stopped a few weeks later because their clan died. We want to see clans come in with a force of activity that shows they're not just going to disappear 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 weeks later.

Get some members posting on your site, show you're committed to your new clan and then reapply when you think your activity level has improve :)

well ive been a admin on here for a while and im the one who owns the site and is part of his crew. we have basically split from our old clan and formed a good old bunch of lads who soley play cod 4. we have done everyday since release.

the site is like three days old so obiously there aint going to be much on it thats why wiess was a bit gutted to not have the server streaming as its pretty much pointless even playing people if its not streaming. so basically we cant scrim on our own server cause we are waiting for the nod which we hoped would come without to much of a fuss from pbbans.

we arn t no flyby nighters we play everyday and have done since cod 1 so come on give us a break so we can get on with gaming on our own server cheers dg

• 2 weeks later...

pmd cheers hopefully this will be resolved soon

wow yet again youve stopped our streaming :( all cause of the website we use isnt used much

here use my gaming forum its all viewable what else do we have to do ! seriously if you spent as much time being picky about peoples websites we might get more people streaming and more caught :angry:

ive created a roster our server ip its in clan section. its viewable all the time . cant believe all this bs weve had to go through .

site is dgeesiogaming.co.uk

link to post is http://dgeesiogaming.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=10

weve basically been waiting a month with this messing about please can we just end this messing about thanks.

all requirements are there to address issues that have presented themselves over many years

they are not just to be picky or messing you about

it is not bs.

if you find the standards too high, there are places that do not care if you are a known cheater or if you will be around tomorrow

First of all the requirements aren't 'bs', they're requirements which were put in place to ensure the integrity of this Anti-Cheat community.

Secondly we're not being picky, we have over 10,000 teams in our database, over 5,000 streaming servers and 10,000 members that we have to manage - that management requires standards to keep things easier to ensure continued smoothness with our operations.

Either way our requirements are compulsory and must be continually met by streaming teams, the other streaming teams manage it...

Finally a public rant gets you nowhere just chill and we'll review your account soon. I'm on mobile at the moment do if it hasn't progressed by the time I'm home I'll take a look at your account.

all requirements are there to address issues that have presented themselves over many years

they are not just to be picky or messing you about

it is not bs.

if you find the standards too high, there are places that do not care if you are a known cheater or if you will be around tomorrow

lool not standards are too hi reason weve been stopped is cause our website isnt active enough reason being were new which said like 1000 times. ive been doing a new site so its better which is up and is linked yet we still waiting. theres being strict then theres taking the piss

you have to be realistic . most work most ghave familys and we have said we are new and building a site from scratch. were given the green light only for it to be took back off a week later. how the hell is this helping pbbans or public playing on servers. its coming across as we are admins and we approve when we feel like it. weve met the requirements and still nothing done .

we cant play any matches with out it streaming cause cod 4 is bad as it is nevermind without it streaming.

wondering whether its even worth renewing our server its costing us money for pb to mess about. can we please all sort it

After looking through your account and our staff forums I can't see any reference to us stopping your streaming. You server last streamed on August 22nd 2010 and since it has automatically marked itself as inactive and then disabled itself.

All you need to do is reactivate it from within your Team Account and get it streaming again. All non-streaming issues are client side: so on August 22nd something must have been changed your end.

For goodness sake... nothing has changed at our end. Your team is not suspended, nor is your server being stopped from streaming. It is not streaming because of a problem at your end. I really hate pointing out the obvious, but please look into the situation a little before wailing on our account requirements (which have nothing to do with your server not streaming).

You met our requirements and were given an account. Your server stopped streaming because somebody did something at your end to stop it streaming. Everything is fine here.

This is frustrating for me, I have tried to help you sort out your streaming issues yet you come on here waving a dummy about like we've removed your streaming.

I received a few PM's from edelweiss after his streaming stopped, all of which I answered.

The server stopped streaming on the 22nd of August, by no hand of ours!! When I received the PM I checked the obvious things like making sure IP:Ports were right, however that lead me to your website where I found the roster had disappeared and there was no server info anymore. So this was my response:

All streaming issues are server side, as far as PBBans goes your server is on the hub and if it is configured correctly it should stream.

I would advise the following:

1. Completely re-add the pbsv config to the relevant area:

http://www.pbbans.com/mci-view-cod4-pbsv-27.html

2. Make any additions you need to such as pbsv tasks if you use pb to send messages to server, or dual streaming.

3. Add the MD5 tool list:

http://www.pbbans.com/mci-view-cod4-cvar-27.html

http://www.pbbans.com/mci-view-cod4-md5-27.html

4. Run webtool

Additionally your website now no longer meets requirements, rosters have to be viewable always!, The forum I can for go as I can see latest post information on homepage so I know the site is active however if no roster is on the site, viewable in the next 7 days, the account will be suspended.

Regards

PBBans|surfy

Where in that correspondence have I said I shut streaming down? I work with facts so here are two:

1. The server streaming issue lies with your configuration somewhere along the lines

2. Meeting the requirements of streaming is your choice, if you don't want to... leave.

• Upvote 1

lool not standards are too hi reason weve been stopped is cause our website isnt active enough reason being were new which said like 1000 times. ive been doing a new site so its better which is up and is linked yet we still waiting. theres being strict then theres taking the piss

you have to be realistic . most work most ghave familys and we have said we are new and building a site from scratch. were given the green light only for it to be took back off a week later. how the hell is this helping pbbans or public playing on servers. its coming across as we are admins and we approve when we feel like it. weve met the requirements and still nothing done .

we cant play any matches with out it streaming cause cod 4 is bad as it is nevermind without it streaming.

wondering whether its even worth renewing our server its costing us money for pb to mess about. can we please all sort it

If you need help setting up PBBans or PB give me a shout either here,PM, My website www.rvsmaps.us or Email [email protected] I have had many years of experience setting up servers to stream

Additionally your website now no longer meets requirements, rosters have to be viewable always!, The forum I can for go as I can see latest post information on homepage so I know the site is active however if no roster is on the site, viewable in the next 7 days, the account will be suspended.

Regards

this site has been changed and the details were posted and linked to new site that is fully viewable .

the site account was suspended 7 days after this is why we posted again . pb on our config and data our side says its ok and it says that is went down 22nd or stopped streaming. our account was suspended due to the website this is what it looks like . we did explain before the suspension to the acount happened and a new proper website was being built .

venom ill ask stumpy later if you can have a look just to make sure . get this god aweful mess sorted .

I sent the above reply on the 30th lol I am sure if edelweiss looked at the response date he'd of known the account hadn't been suspended. Seven days is seven days from the 30th.

Anyway as everson said no suspensions took place such actions are logged and recorded so its not even hearsay.

Besides if you look at your Accp, it would have said suspended.

We have provided help, I can but offer to guide you through on IRC. The choice is yours.

the site account was suspended 7 days after this is why we posted again . pb on our config and data our side says its ok and it says that is went down 22nd or stopped streaming. our account was suspended due to the website this is what it looks like . we did explain before the suspension to the acount happened and a new proper website was being built .

venom ill ask stumpy later if you can have a look just to make sure . get this god aweful mess sorted .

nM-Dg, the team account that you are part of has never been suspended.

What has happened is that the server attached to your team account stopped streaming and all members of the team account were automatically downgraded to member.

After 7 days of none streaming, the server is automatically removed from your team account and the team account is deactivated.

A re-activation request then has to be made.

Your team accounts current status is active, so all it needs is a server adding to it that is configured to stream to PBBans.

All none streaming issues are client side.

So, if you want to resolve your none streaming issue, follow these simple steps;

1. Resend the streaming initiation commands to your server, pick the method that best suits you from this list;

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html#ast

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html#rcon

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html#hlsw

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html#ftp

2. Add the server to your team account via account manager.

What happens then, is that your server will join a queue (the final addition is always done by a staff member) the current wait time average is less than 5 minutes.

Thats it, problem solved.

The current members of your team account are;

edelweiss800 (master user)
nM-Dg (has never logged in)

Ever hear the expression "making a mountain out of a molehill" :P

I dont think I have ever come across such internet drama, when the problem is self inflicted and so easy to resolve.

• Upvote 1

will get stumpy to have a look later . cheers for that fozzer

what i would suggest is you make it even easy to set up these accounts idiot proof :lol:

this maybe alot of work and you may think it is easy but to new people doing it it isnt so. this only loses you people who will use pbbans. yes you may say well theyll use someone else but the more you dont have the more games makers wont choose your product to use as support . maybe the steam overlords will rule soon anyway hope not

what i would suggest is you make it even easy to set up these accounts idiot proof :lol:

this maybe alot of work and you may think it is easy but to new people doing it it isnt so. this only loses you people who will use pbbans. yes you may say well theyll use someone else but the more you dont have the more games makers wont choose your product to use as support . maybe the steam overlords will rule soon anyway hope not

these guys make PunkBuster work

Even Balance makes it, but, it is the streaming that Santa (TY foxdie) gave us what makes the difference

I think we have gone as far as we can re making setting up streaming as easy and foolproof as possible :P

What you have to remember is that initially, there was no problem setting up streaming.

The problems have started since someone at the client end changed something.

All none streaming issues are client side, we add the server to the team account, and our work is done.

The rest is up to the client :)