Medal of Honor Review

SuperTaz

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/medal-of-honor-no-call-of-duty-critics-say/1413536

Although some of this review is for consoles, this console statement caught my eye:

“Medal of Honor is one of the bigger disappointments of 2010,” says IGN. With “cliched shooting-gallery levels,” “no real investment” in characters, and an interface that “seems to deliberately lead you in the wrong direction,” says Arthur Gies, “Medal of Honor walks into a quagmire it never really escapes from.”

Several critics also raised concerns over technical issues: IGN called it "one of the most unstable console releases [they've] seen so far this year," citing bugs with graphics, sound, and gameplay progression. Even Gaming Trend, despite an overall overall positive tone, wonders if competition from a certain other game might have lead to a rushed release. Our advice: wait until November, when we'll see how the Call of Duty half of this head-to-head plays out.

Not looking good for DICE... :unsure:

• Upvote 1

GameTrailers' MoH review. Mostly focuses on SP, not much in the way of MP in it; most of the MP issues mentioned have already been...known for some time already.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-medal-of/705962

A few points:

- Confusing story and no real connection w/ characters.

- Pathetic AI.

- Extremely short and easy SP.

- Hit detection great in SP; iffy in MP.

Gotta love the critics herding gamers towards one game like sheep. Seems a crap game with COD in front of it will get 10/10 and a good game without the COD will get 6. Gaming is becoming a fickle business, there is no coincidence games released by richer companies get better reviews the same has been happening in the film industry for ages! Ultimately it comes down to = If you like it, play it stuff the reviews ;)

• Upvote 1

Gotta love the critics herding gamers towards one game like sheep. Seems a crap game with COD in front of it will get 10/10 and a good game without the COD will get 6. Gaming is becoming a fickle business, there is no coincidence games released by richer companies get better reviews the same has been happening in the film industry for ages! Ultimately it comes down to = If you like it, play it stuff the reviews ;)

+1

however, i tried both betas of MoH and was not impressed. watched crazycanuck streaming SP some. he was enjoying it but it looked ho hum watching. i like to watch, btw (not just that!)

i do agree the reviews can not be trusted

who can tell me what changes were made after the last beta? did they make decent maps?

i know they didn't fix the clunky engine

I have a feeling this game will be going the same route Crysis did. All I can hope for is that BF3 and BF1943 are not like this game.

BTW, what ever happened to BF1943 PC?? It was supposed to come out last year!

Edit: Nevermind, IGN says BF1943 is canceled. That sucks!

http://pc.ign.com/objects/143/14320736.html

I have a feeling this game will be going the same route Crysis did. All I can hope for is that BF3 and BF1943 are not like this game.

BTW, what ever happened to BF1943 PC?? It was supposed to come out last year!

Edit: Nevermind, IGN says BF1943 is canceled. That sucks!

http://pc.ign.com/objects/143/14320736.html

Wonder if the maps in that would have that blue monochrome look as well as the new releases. I didn't have much love for the beta and tonight while I was bored I reinstalled Frontlines Fuel of War; Still love that game and the graphics are amazing. Sad how the EA titles have changed so much. Not for the better as I see it. IMO, they have got to quit worrying so much about the console like stats and concentrate on quality. The last 2 releases look terrible compared to cod4 and 5. The next cod looks to have some killer graphics. Guess I will stick with my old EA BF games. The new ones don't compare at all.

I got it last night and I'm really not impressed at all with MP. I played it for about 5 minutes and quit. Nothing about it was fun for me. However I like the SP engine and if it was used for MP I would definitely play it.

The biggest annoyance is a lot of features in SP are not in MP like lean, prone, sprint strafe (very big annoyance for me), to name a few. Why they used such a limited engine for MP is beyond me because it ruins the game.

Looks like I will play through SP and never touch it again. Bring on Black Ops in Nov.

• Upvote 2

I picked it up also and I am enjoying the game but the only thing that irritates me is the message when I'm kicked "You have lost the connection to the EA servers" and you can guarantee this is right in the middle of a good game too :(

I like the CQC on some maps, really enjoying that.

I didn't buy it for single player so only had a very short game, got to the airfield mission wherever that is.

I play here btw if anyone wants to call in for a few games :D

http://www.pbbans.com/msi-server-217-163-26-130-7673.html