Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Mikael Kalms (DICE):

There will be a console command for disabling the color grading entirely in the game included with the next PC game client update.

We believe that turning it off gives no major competitive advantage/disadvantage.

IRNV scope and a few others which turn the image into greyscale or greenscale don't work properly without color grading and will look real ugly.

There will be no in-game UI for turning it on/off.

We are unlikely to handle support questions and bug reports regarding stuff that happens when color grading is disabled.

As for server settings: we are not currently planning to implement any new ones.

http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?3318-BF3-Colour-Tweaker-what-the&p=82357&viewfull=1#post82357

Edited by Twiebie

After discussing this further with my colleagues, we have decided to not implement this feature. This is the studio’s take on this matter, and I support this decision:

"As a studio, it is extremely important for us at DICE to have a unique identity in our games, not only from a gameplay perspective, but visually as well. While we appreciate that some players might want a slightly different look to the game, we are proud of the visual identity of Battlefield 3 and do not wish to change it."

I apologize for getting anybody’s hopes up, and if you have any further questions on this subject, I will refer back to the above statement.

http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?3318-BF3-Colour-Tweaker-what-the&p=84743&viewfull=1#post84743

• 2 weeks later...
The new server update will begin to roll out at 08:00 UTC November 8th. It will take about 6 hours to complete on consoles and at least 24 hours before a large majority of PC servers have taken the new update. Using the same starting time, Battlelog will do maintenance while we redeploy our backend to support the new server update.

This means that Battlefield 3 multiplayer will be unavailable approximately between 08:00-09:00 on November 8th

Battlefield 3 Game Server R33 change list

1) (Server renters on PC only) The “rcon” server info command now reports external IP and port as well as information regarding whether the backend queue is enabled or not.

2) Fixed an occasional issue where console servers changed max player counts incorrectly.

3) We now enforce a minimum player count of 4 on both PC and consoles (PC previously had no such limitation while console servers had 2 players as the limit) to be able to exit preround on Ranked servers. You will still be able to move around freely in preround, but the match doesn’t officially start (and thus no stats are affected) until at least 4 players have joined. This goes for both PC and console servers. This will make it harder to easily use Ranked servers as boosting servers.

4) “Hardcore no map” is now a proper preset on both the server side and backend. This means console users can now filter between hardcore servers with and/or without the “no map” setting.

5) We fixed a bug where server admins could exploit the system to effectively become immortal on his/her server.

6) We introduced a number of server stability improvements which should lead to less crashes throughout. Two specific crashes that we have eliminated are:

A) Servers running 9 or more maps that would crash when loading the 9th map

B ) Servers running high player counts in combination with very high ticket count where end game reports would stall out the server

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654787636097951/

Edited by Twiebie

• 2 weeks later...

but if you change your password you get a server dissconnect error, my account has had 7 attacks on it for 2 weeks, i called customer service and accused them (their employess) of stealing the accounts and it stopped right there. im pretty sure this is inside work by low level technitions.

yea it messed everything up in battlelog, cant view weapons by class anymore and cant view some of the assignments now that i was working on they are just gone

I downloaded the update today, and I can't see any apparent bugs? I'm just hoping they fixed the battelog matches, they are on a break/fix cycle with their matches system and BL patches.

Scratch that, matches still broken :facepalm:

My favorite bug in battlelog, has to be the sorting of the "Kills" column. Anything over "1,000" will sort by the digit(s) before the ",".

Edited by Crotan

New Premium BF3 vid released about the new gametypes! All of them look reallllly fun to play! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium/video/2012-11-23%2017:00:00/

As for playing Limited Ammunition, a lot of aimbotters will be there for sure because ammo IS limited!