Suspect of being cheating.

RVDV

My sons and I love to play Battlefield2. We bought 3 games including expansion packs etc. so that we can play it together and have fun as a family. Since a few weeks we are attending a clan.We really like it but there are some problems coming up. Both sons are accused of cheating because they had a few times very high points. I have asked my sons if they have been cheating. From their reaction I know that they were honest. I know that they haven't been cheating at all purposefully!! If otherwise is possible of course. But to clear the dark clouds from the sky I have a question for you all: "How can I know, examine / explore through the game files if my sons are cheating in the game?" I have searched on the internet which kind of file to look for but it is not very clear at all. IfI wanted to download a cheat it cost money, my sons both have no access to this virtue and I will not pay for cheats to examine it. My sons have no friends whom are playing battlefield therefore it is impossible to receive a cheat from them and install it on their computer.

I do not like that my children are false accused or that my children are lying to me. Though, I believe that the first option is the right one. If so, the clan where we are a member of should judge people right and not only because of what they are seeing with their own narrow focus, but they also should understand how people are playing Battelfield2 with their logic and intelligence! This is an important issue that people often miss while they are accusing others! They do nothing else than projecting their way of playing Battlefield on others. In my kids case they told me that they are cheating with a radar and a build-in searchingsystem for enemies. So, for instance: one shot, one kill!!?

My sons their kill ratio is 1.04 and 0.43. The person who blames my children for cheating has a kill ratio of 1.01.

But to proof that they do not play false is important to me. My words are nowadays not enough! I have to look somewhere in the files where I can see if they have been changing something, although this is what I do not believe. My sons aren't 16 yet. They are 12 and 13. The one of 13 is highly gifted and uses his brain well in all kind of areas. Also in playing Battlefield 2. I am a social worker and a M.A. graduated from Manchester University in England. My kids and I love playing battlefield 2, it is just a game to us. I know that the label of the game is 16 years, a warning.Therefore I am monitoring my kids closely in having strange behavior because of the game. They don't, and it is therefore that my wife and I agreed that they could play the game. We are playing it since 2006 with great joy and without accusing of cheating at all. This is the first time and we do not understand it.

Hopefully you understand my speech whereby I hope that you can help me with solving this evil accusation problem.

Hello!

Maybe first of all .... how old your sons are or what you allow them to do is your thing - I think most of us played games before we were allowed to play them ;)

I've seen 15 year-olds with 1,5 years of BF2 experience play better than 40 year old men with 3+ years BF2 experience, some are just good at the game.

If you want to check if your sons are cheating, it's best you stand behind them while they are playing and look at their screens. Most cheats have some kind of overlay or alter parts of the game (e.g. you can see an aritificial crosshair, vehicles show up in funky colors, you can see where everybody is on the map, ....)

As to prove it to the clan - this might get tricky. They can take pb screenies of you and your sons (I hope they don't come back black) and check you out on PBBans, watch you play ingame (spectate you) and if they have battlerecorder use the demos to observe you further.

But - and this is a big BUT - if you get accused of cheating in a clan I'd definitely reconsider hanging around there for much longer. It certainly makes a difference whether that person accusing you or your sons is the leader or another clan member. In the end though you'll always be their suspect and until they're better than you they will keep accusing you of cheating. That's the typical case of "I can't lose" and there's nothing you can do about it.

I think the staff will help you further :)

• Upvote 1

Firstly, although you may want to clear your childrens names, I would urge you not to download any cheat files, even if you are just investigating!

Does the clan you play with stream to an anti cheat site? If not then maybe you should consider playing somewhere that does use anti cheat sites and then at least you can show them your and your sons records are clean. If they do stream to an anti cheat site and are still making assumptions, ask them why and what evidence they have to back up their claims.

Like Lluuu said, if they've made up their mind that your children are cheating then there's not really much you can do to prove otherwise. Even if you took battlerecordings, screenshots etc, their line may be just to say "well they had the cheats off for that time!"

Let me tell you the same story that I had written down. Myson said to the other member: “Kill somebody there…” the other member said: “I donot see anybody.” My son said: “It doesn’t matter, they often hide in thesekind of places.” My son was tank driver and fired whereby the person who waslaying there was killed. He saw nothing, but he knew beforehand that it waspossible that people were laying there. During the flag event, he just shootand killed somebody, but it could also be that there was nobody, but in thiscase… it wasn’t. My son told me more of these kind of tricky things, but these actionshave nothing to do with cheating. Nothing at all as you mentioned in your post.He told me: “Dad, they cannot handle that I am good and probably better thanthem.

That to me just sounds like game knowledge, if you've been playing since 2006 then those sort of things will become second nature. It does look very suspect to anyone who might be viewing the player (your son) but it's definitely not cheating.

These are streaming servers for Battlefield 2:

http://www.pbbans.com/msi-server-list-bf2-13.html

They all stream to this site. Join any one by IP address.

Edited by xX_Renegade_Xx

xX_Renegade_Xx, thank you so much... one of these days I will play the game with my sons on one of these servers. Without telling them that we are going to a streaming server! Than DFT may react again.

Hey RVDV, if you are not satisfied with DFT clan and looking for another Dutch clan here is their website: www.doubledutchclan.nl

They play BF2, COD4 and BC2.

Most other Dutch clans in here play BC2 or COD4 only.

I'm not part of this clan, just looked for one with BF2 to help out a fellow Dutch man.

• Upvote 1

one of these days I will play the game with my sons on one of these servers. Without telling them that we are going to a streaming server! Than DFT may react again.

I wouldn't let it worry you to be honest, I've been accused of cheating many times and I was an SGA streaming here at the time too, it used to bother me at one point now I just don't care, I know I'm clean so I couldn't care less what other people think.

Enjoy your games :)

I wouldn't let it worry you to be honest, I've been accused of cheating many times and I was an SGA streaming here at the time too, it used to bother me at one point now I just don't care, I know I'm clean so I couldn't care less what other people think.

Enjoy your games :)

Well, I do understand what you are saying, but they started to thread with reporting my sons by pbban and banning from the clan. But now I do have enough information that my boys are clean and that they are becoming good gamers. Though, it is difficult for people whom are accusing others seeing others becoming better gamers than themselves. This is actually my point of view in this whole situation. Thanks for your reply.

Hey RVDV, if you are not satisfied with DFT clan and looking for another Dutch clan here is their website: www.doubledutchclan.nl

They play BF2, COD4 and BC2.

Most other Dutch clans in here play BC2 or COD4 only.

I'm not part of this clan, just looked for one with BF2 to help out a fellow Dutch man.

We are there for just a few weeks. Graceis one of the words that I want to exercise. But I will let themknow that they should be handling their suspicion on another way, for instance,get connected to a streaming server. Gaming is than more relaxed and you do nothave to worry about cheaters… Now they make, I think, too much mistakes. They toldme that they have a very large ban list. If it is based on the same suspicion aswith my sons, they have made a lot of mistakes, and that is bad for the joy inplaying the battlefield2 game.

but thanks anyway...

Well, I do understand what you are saying, but they started to thread with reporting my sons by pbban and banning from the clan. But now I do have enough information that my boys are clean and that they are becoming good gamers. Though, it is difficult for people whom are accusing others seeing others becoming better gamers than themselves. This is actually my point of view in this whole situation. Thanks for your reply.

Even if they wanted to report to PBBans, they would need streamed evidence to support their claims in order for anything to happen. Not just word of mouth.

• Upvote 1

Even if they wanted to report to PBBans, they would need streamed evidence to support their claims in order for anything to happen. Not just word of mouth.

Forthem they had streaming evidence, but in my humble opinion, there was noevidence at all that you could see that they were cheating. Impossible!I mentioned that my sons had game experience / insight. My son killed soldierswithout knowing for sure that the enemy (for example) was laying in a specific place. Butbecause of his experience he knew that he could shout there and make a point.

But thanks for your reply.

Edited by RVDV

Forthem they had streaming evidence, but in my humble opinion, there was noevidence at all that you could see that they were cheating. Impossible!I mentioned that my sons had game experience / insight. My son killed soldierswithout knowing for sure that the enemy (for example) was laying in a specific place. Butbecause of his experience he knew that he could shout there and make a point.

But thanks for your reply.

they do not stream here. they do not have streaming evidence here.

Firstly, although you may want to clear your childrens names, I would urge you not to download any cheat files, even if you are just investigating!

Does the clan you play with stream to an anti cheat site? If not then maybe you should consider playing somewhere that does use anti cheat sites and then at least you can show them your and your sons records are clean. If they do stream to an anti cheat site and are still making assumptions, ask them why and what evidence they have to back up their claims.

Like Lluuu said, if they've made up their mind that your children are cheating then there's not really much you can do to prove otherwise. Even if you took battlerecordings, screenshots etc, their line may be just to say "well they had the cheats off for that time!"

my sons and I have been playing on [HG]a - HellGate - 64 slots Highway Tampa - for aproximateley a hour. It is according to http://www.pbbans.com/msi-server-list-bf2-13.html streamed by you. is this right? Can you check it... DutyCalls-NL / Chriskiller100 / TimthaKilla are our battle names. (I have no clue how this all works... Sorry) We were not kicked at all, although DutyCalls-NL was kicked once because of negative points and TimThaKilla was kicked because of baseraping eek.gif He was very surprissed. But ok, we were not kicked because of cheating, but we already knew that. We haven't cheat in the past and this will also not happen in the future.

I have confronted the person from the clan with the issue of playing with my kids battlefield2 on a server which is connected to a streamed anti cheat site. In this case, it is Helgate [HG]A that is connected to pbbans. I told him that my kids were not kicked. His answer was that they did not had to be discovered as cheaters because they can turn the cheat off (as you mentioned in your previous post). Is this right? Is it right that when the cheat is passive PBBAN cannot recognize the software from the cheat? If so...How does this cheat software works? When you turn the cheat on, where does it starts… on your home pc? Or is it already linked with the battlefield2 software and in the game? Hope you can give me some answers. thanks.

i wouldnt worry about it at all.

they have access to screenshots and demo files etc. if they were that sure why have they not been submitted?

you will find plenty of good servers and others with people who just dont like to loose.

find another server and ignore the idiots.

• Upvote 1

i wouldnt worry about it at all.

they have access to screenshots and demo files etc. if they were that sure why have they not been submitted?

you will find plenty of good servers and others with people who just dont like to loose.

find another server and ignore the idiots.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Basically someones made their minds up your kids are cheating. There's nothing you can do about it except leave their servers and play elsewhere. Seriously isn't worth the hassle.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Basically someones made their minds up your kids are cheating. There's nothing you can do about it except leave their servers and play elsewhere. Seriously isn't worth the hassle.

Thanks for all your replies... we have indeed left Dutch Fun Team - DFT- clan... I told them they should connect to an anti cheat site, but according to them it was not possible because of operating systems or whatever problems. But now I am looking for a nice clan that will accept my kids as well and that is connected to an anti cheat site (I will never have problems anymore because of my sons good way of playing battlefield2!!!). My boys are not 16 or 18, so it does become a bit difficult I think.blink.gif Do you have an idea for us?

• 9 months later...

I was scanning the forum (I've been away for some years) and did find this to me "new" thread. I'm very glad to see a parent standing up and seeking information on this type of matter, many folks just don't care or cope with what their kids do on the internet. To conclude my thoughts, I'm not worried that these boys accused have been cheating. "RVDV" show in this forum that he/she is a concearned parent by seriously searching for information and the truth about the accusations on the kids. I think that he/she through the posts above demonstrates to be a very sound type of person that take responsibilty for him/herself and the family - that really must have some influence on how the kids is raised, teaching them the values of responsibilty and honesty. Also with a ratio of 1.0~ I really can't see the problem behind that accusation at all - when I myself sometimes end up against (BF3) KD ratio of 20, with 4000 SPM, 15 KPM, 1200% accuracy and 250 Killstreak player types.

I hope the boys still enjoy the game and maybe upgraded to BF3! (I did find a TimthaKilla in BF3 Battlelog so maybe)